Stage V Port... Or so I thought... Scammed!

xhgwx

Established Member
Back in November around the holiday, literally a couple days after i bought my first 03/04 cobra, I had bought a stage V ported blower, tb, and elbow from a member here. (Remember this is my first time ever dealing with ported products, and blowers, so i was a noob and still am on some things).
Holidays the shipping was slow and i received my box about two weeks later. Opened it up looked everything over and stored it in the garage.
The other day i decided i wanted to go a different route with the car(Whipple) and went to go sell the items mentioned above.
I posted pictures on a facebook page(That i sell parts on) only to be told my "Port" wasnt really a port, much less a weed wacker job.
So here are some pictures that you guys can give me input on. Is this a stage V port or did I get scammed?
Thanks for any responses.

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/xhgwx/embed/slideshow/Mobile Uploads

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/xhgwx/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps7f00b54e.jpg.html

image_zps7f00b54e.jpg

image_zps5e5a813f.jpg

image_zps6599fb61.jpg

image_zpscc8c810d.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Pics not available. I believe when using photobucket, use the IMG ones to copy and paste.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Last edited:

xhgwx

Established Member
Btw blower was bought from member
cystang and I paid 1k for everything.
So far nothing is adding up to what I was told it was

xhgwx

Established Member
From seeing other steggy ports and posi ports from a mechanic I know.
There is 0 way this is either.
I can't find a damn stamp on it.
I will look again in the morning when it's not -6 outside in my garage.
But I doubt I'll find anything.

oldmodman

Established Member
Posi's port work always looked like a work of art. And Steg isn't far behind.

I have never seen any professional turn out anything that was that rough.

Is there any way to unwind the deal? If you bought it on here I would advise you to find the for sale post and copy it before it gets deleted.

cj428mach

Established Member
The 3 stiegs I have all had Stiege's name and a serial number stamped just below the snout on the Pass side.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Def none of those you listed work bud. He pawned it off as such to move it quicker. The elbow "porting" is a joke btw as is the inlet of the blower.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Something similar happened to me a while back. the weekend after I bought my cobra there was someone selling a "ported" blower/plenum/tb. I bought it and installed it but only made upper pulley only whp not ported whp. So this winter I pulled it off and sent it to Johnny and turns out the inlet wasn't ported at all. Luckily for me I only paid 400 for the blower/plenum/tb. I would deff try getting in contact with the seller and see wtf is going on.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Sorry to see this. That is a half ass port job for sure. Nowhere near the quality of Posi or Steg. Wow. PM the mods and give them your story. They may be able to help you out. At the very least you saved the rest of us from his "trickery". Can't use the words I want to, so that will do.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Looks like a Home job,it's sad that members would do this to one another!try to work it out with him & like said above go back&copy the add before it's deleted!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Damn bro that sucks. Technically it's a port but not a good one at all and definitely not a steggy port. Even my first eaton port work would look like perfection compared to that one. I've fixed 2 for people that thought theirs were ported. Just shows you how educated you have to become or request pics, post them on here to see what people say. I would contact him and ask for a refund or you keep the parts and ask for $500 back.

xhgwx

Established Member
I'm going to see what he says about this.
Obviously isn't a stage 5 port after seeing other pictures.
Looks more like someone took a weed eater to it.

Users who are viewing this thread