Stall Fix released!!!

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by 97topless snake
Hate to bring back an Old thread but what is the Hex number referenced above for? I had the flash done yesterday and that number is on the sticker under my hood.

Thanks,

TTT

Since 1964

Established Member
My car never stalled. WTF? I'd like better gas mileage, and any other upgrades a flash would give, I wonder if I should go in and ask for it, OR should I leave well enough alone?

Please advise.

f2fast4u

Established Member
I gained 4 mpg alone plus fixing all those other problems. Yes, have the flash done.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Since1964
My car never stalled. WTF? I'd like better gas mileage, and any other upgrades a flash would give, I wonder if I should go in and ask for it, OR should I leave well enough alone?

Please advise.
Dont see any reason not too. Had it for about 2 months or so now and the flash is perfect, and im absolutely sure theres no power decrease. Raced a buddies 03 from a roll (to test power)with nearly identical mods and had same results we had before the flash

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Mine stalled maybe three times and I have had the car since 09/2002. Actually, I don't think it ever stalled after I put on the PHP intake. Anyway, the thing I really wanted the flash for was the fix for the rough idle. I just went into the dealer and told them the car stalls every now and then and provided them the TSB number and they did it. I have to say that the idle is MUCH better now. I haven't tested the MPG yet, but that really doesn't matter too much to me. Although, better mileage is always a bonus :) IMO, from the information you can get here, you will know more about these issues then most of the service advisors out there.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Originally posted by crimecrusher
Got my reflash done and no longer have the morning surging and now have a smooth ide. However, I lost about a pound of boost.

My car would hit well into the thick 10 bar but it now barely touches it. Could be the warmer day we had today.

I had the reflash done last month. Car now idles much smoother, but my boost gauge now no longer goes all the way up to 10 when I stomp on it.

Could be just the change in weather - it's finally been getting warm enough to thaw out the frozen tundra.

MikeW

Established Member
Has anyone with the reflash tried to use the Predator yet? Or had their chip retuned?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I only stalled out about 3 times, once sitting at a stop sign and the other 2 were rolling. Also had rough idle and occasionally long-crank start up problems.

I complained and said it stalled a lot and is dangerous. They did the re-flash.

Results:

Smoother and faster starts (no long cranking), higher idle at start up, higher resting idle, SMOOTH idle (car doesn't shake anymore while waiting for light to change green), seems to run smoother on the highway flipping through the gears, easier engagement of 1st gear probably due to higher idle.

Florida_Cobra03

Established Member
Had mine done about a month ago. I used to stall frequently. Not even close to stalling since. Idle is much smoother, and I also noticed I'm getting better gas mileage. Not bad with fuel prices nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread