Stalling Mach 1 During Driving

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
My Mach 1 tends to stall on me when I put it into neutral when I'm going 35mph or faster & it's really starting to bother me! Any help & feedback on what this is due to & how to fix it is much appreciated!

try cleaning the iat/iac sensor. it's right behind the maf in the intake tube. mine did the same thing. i cleaned it with some electrical cleaner and it fixed it. while your at it go ahead and clean the maf also.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
01 Cobra said:
try cleaning the iat/iac sensor. it's right behind the maf in the intake tube. mine did the same thing. i cleaned it with some electrical cleaner and it fixed it. while your at it go ahead and clean the maf also.

Thanks! Hope it works!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Update: I was driving the Mach 1 this morning on the way to work & it stalled in between a down-shift while making a right @ a light & I almost crashed because of how stiff the steering gets... I'm sick & tired of this shit. I'm going to Ford on the way home to get that POS screen... :kaboom:

03whtpny

Established Member
I have been told by a ford mechanic that changing to a different MAF would alleviate this problem. If I were to get a lightning MAF would it fit i believe they are a little bigger right, or is a tune the best thing

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
03whtpny said:
I have been told by a ford mechanic that changing to a different MAF would alleviate this problem. If I were to get a lightning MAF would it fit i believe they are a little bigger right, or is a tune the best thing

So get this... Ford didn't even have the damn $69.99 screen's in stock! What do you think, 03whtpny... Should I just get the SCT2800 & see if that corrects it or should I still attempt to get the $70 screen?

03whtpny

Established Member
I have the screen in my MAF with the JLT setup and the damn thing still stalls on me with the shaker inlet tube attached or unattached. I am at a loss as well.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
03whtpny said:
I have the screen in my MAF with the JLT setup and the damn thing still stalls on me with the shaker inlet tube attached or unattached. I am at a loss as well.

That's it... I'm getting a 428 Cobra Jet Crate just because this stalling issue is getting out of control! :D

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
cobracpuupdate.jpg

this was the tsb on the cobra from ford I wonder if the mach 1 had some of the same problems I know my cobra would stall when it was stock and had to have the computer reflashed with the updated stock tune. hope this helps I feel your pain.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
That's it... I'm getting a 428 Cobra Jet Crate just because this stalling issue is getting out of control! :D

I told you i would sell you my screen.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
I told you i would sell you my screen.

I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I think I'll get the SCT2800 when I get my JLT CAI. Do throttle bodies really make that big of a difference on the Mach 1's? It did on my Cobra, but I'm thinking it might be different w/ a supercharged application...

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I think I'll get the SCT2800 when I get my JLT CAI. Do throttle bodies really make that big of a difference on the Mach 1's? It did on my Cobra, but I'm thinking it might be different w/ a supercharged application...

You wont see a big impact from a throttle body.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Besides a jlt intake or c&l, I really wouldn't bother with upgrading the maf, throttle, or intake manifold, unless You have forced induction or cam's.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Besides a jlt intake or c&l, I really wouldn't bother with upgrading the maf, throttle, or intake manifold, unless You have forced induction or cam's.

Still not sure if I want to put a power adder on the Mach 1... I'm going w/ the 2.8L KB for my Cobra & I was toying w/ the idea of putting a turbo system on the Mach 1. Very expensive though... Still haven't made up my mind... Any advice?

Awd This

Got Boost?
SIr RicCuS said:
Still not sure if I want to put a power adder on the Mach 1... I'm going w/ the 2.8L KB for my Cobra & I was toying w/ the idea of putting a turbo system on the Mach 1. Very expensive though... Still haven't made up my mind... Any advice?

Eaton swap.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
That's crossed my mind as well, but I'd need like 45 other parts according to a lot of people... I'll bet it would be a pain in the ass trying to find them all in a good condition...

Since you already have a car with FI, I would put a set of cam's in your mach.

Users who are viewing this thread