Stalling Mach 1 During Driving

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I had this same issue with my car when it had the K&N FIPK on it with no screen. I swapped over to a JLT CAI (still no screen) and hasn't stalled once since.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Hmbre97 said:
I had this same issue with my car when it had the K&N FIPK on it with no screen. I swapped over to a JLT CAI (still no screen) and hasn't stalled once since.

Really considering getting one. Still deciding whether or not to go w/ the SCT2800.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
FI? Isn't that a ProCharger? Lol!

FI = FORCED INDUCTION, supercharger, turbocharger, etc. You already have a Cobra hence the reason why i stated you have a car with FI(FORCED INDUCTION).

SIr RicCuS said:
Really considering getting one. Still deciding whether or not to go w/ the SCT2800.

Dude, the SCT2800 is not made for an NA setup like the Mach. Its overkill and you have to get a dyno tune with that MAF. Even if you went boosted...the SCT2400 would be what you would be looking for. Many tuners have reported tuning issues with the SCT2800.

And you should never put your car in neutral when coasting. There is no point to do that.

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
i have this problem with mine... never got it checked out... the only time it would stall out was when i'd get off the freeway and hit stop lights...every light it would stall out....seemed like the rpm was high at the stop like 1200 or so... then when it would drop to idle rpm it would just kill itself.... i only had a k and n filter that was all...

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Dude, the SCT2800 is not made for an NA setup like the Mach. Its overkill and you have to get a dyno tune with that MAF. Even if you went boosted...the SCT2400 would be what you would be looking for. Many tuners have reported tuning issues with the SCT2800.

And you should never put your car in neutral when coasting. There is no point to do that.

I plan on going turbo eventually so the SCT2800 will serve it's purpose. Plus I've heard tons of people comment on getting the larger of the 2 solely because of its increased airflow. Makes sense to me! :D Why is there no point to put the car into neutral while pulling up to a stop light or coming up to a stop sign? You can't obviously coast w/ the vehicle in neutral because you'd need power to keep momentum.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
brewcity_mach1 said:
i have this problem with mine... never got it checked out... the only time it would stall out was when i'd get off the freeway and hit stop lights...every light it would stall out....seemed like the rpm was high at the stop like 1200 or so... then when it would drop to idle rpm it would just kill itself.... i only had a k and n filter that was all...

Your sounds much more severe then mine... Well, if the JLT CAI & SCT2800 prevent mine from stalling anymore we'll have a fix to the problem! :D

MACH PAR

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:

Your sounds much more severe then mine... Well, if the JLT CAI & SCT2800 prevent mine from stalling anymore we'll have a fix to the problem! :D

My car has a JLT and it stalls whenever I'm stopping and I have less than a 1/4 tank of gas. :shrug:

MACH PAR

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:

My car has a JLT and it stalls whenever I'm stopping and I have less than a 1/4 tank of gas.

Edit: Dang, ownd by double post.

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
MACH PAR said:
My car has a JLT and it stalls whenever I'm stopping and I have less than a 1/4 tank of gas. :shrug:

i talked with my tuner guy and he said it could be because of the bigger maf.. he also noted that if i add boost with a blower, id only use 1/4 of the maf potential.. now if you would go turbo, you'd have no problem using more then half of it.. so when i get my car all put back together and pull it out in the spring, i'll let you know if it stalls still or not

SIr RicCuS said:
I plan on going turbo eventually so the SCT2800 will serve it's purpose. Plus I've heard tons of people comment on getting the larger of the 2 solely because of its increased airflow. Makes sense to me! :D Why is there no point to put the car into neutral while pulling up to a stop light or coming up to a stop sign? You can't obviously coast w/ the vehicle in neutral because you'd need power to keep momentum.

With the SCT2800, MINUS THE TURBO OR FUTURE POWER ADDER, you will still need a dyno tune with it. The SCT2400 or 2800 isn't a simple bolt on MAF that the PCM can calibrate. Its a waste of money IMHO opinion to dyno tune your NA setup now with this MAF. That is of course if you like blowing money. The stock MAF works just fine with the JLT and stock tune.

The reference to putting the car in neutral dealt with coasting down hill. I always get the car in neutral as I approach a dead stop by popping the tranny out of gear as I slow down.

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
With the SCT2800, MINUS THE TURBO OR FUTURE POWER ADDER, you will still need a dyno tune with it. The SCT2400 or 2800 isn't a simple bolt on MAF that the PCM can calibrate. Its a waste of money IMHO opinion to dyno tune your NA setup now with this MAF. That is of course if you like blowing money. The stock MAF works just fine with the JLT and stock tune.

The reference to putting the car in neutral dealt with coasting down hill. I always get the car in neutral as I approach a dead stop by popping the tranny out of gear as I slow down.

i had the car dyno'd after the install of the maf, and it still stalled... but i knew i was doing work one the car so i didnt even bother going back to fix it... and i agree with you having that with a n/a set up

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
01cobravortech said:

Thanks for the advice, man. I'll keep that in mind & if I get it before my turbo, I'll just wait to install it. :beer:

brewcity_mach1 said:
i had the car dyno'd after the install of the maf, and it still stalled... but i knew i was doing work one the car so i didnt even bother going back to fix it... and i agree with you having that with a n/a set up

What was your A/F with the SCT2400 on the stock tune?

BM1

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
My Mach 1 tends to stall on me when I put it into neutral when I'm going 35mph or faster & it's really starting to bother me! Any help & feedback on what this is due to & how to fix it is much appreciated!

It's the K&N FIPK and the fact that the screen is removed. The shaker causes air turbulence that the screen used to smooth out. Leave it in gear until you slow down under 35 MPH or put your screen in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread