Stalling Mach 1 During Driving

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
My Mach 1 tends to stall on me when I put it into neutral when I'm going 35mph or faster & it's really starting to bother me! Any help & feedback on what this is due to & how to fix it is much appreciated!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a stalling issue, but you really shouldn't be driving in neutral. When your engine dies, you lose power steering and brakes. I know here in CA it is against the law to drive in neutral.

I would at least eliminate the basic possible causes. Check for CAI leaks!

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
wurd2 said:
...I know here in CA it is against the law to drive in neutral.

are you ****ing kidding?...what the hell can you do in CA?

I had that same issue for a day or two after i put my exhaust on...kinda sorted itself out though..

An OBDII computer will adjust to minor improvments in airflow...ie CAI or Exhaust...you don't need a tune...unless you go lean in WOT...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Its your aftermarket intake man, i have the jlt and usually when im cruising 35+ and pull it out of gear and put it in nuetral it stalls automatically. Check your MAF, or just downshift. Thats what im doing now.

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
when you put that jlt intake on did you leave the screen before MAF in?

jtmach1

Newb
Established Member
It's the K&N FIPK. I have stalling issues also, but it only seems to happen when I'm coming to a quick stop. The K&N FIPK doesn't say to use the MAF screen when installing, but I hear if you install the MAF screen it will stop the stalling issue. I have also heard that sometimes the clamps on tube come lose and that can cause issues. I've never heard of any other intake causing this issue.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
8616v said:
when you put that jlt intake on did you leave the screen before MAF in?

yes i did actually, ive been wanting to clean it or take it off but just too lazy i guess.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
If you dont' ahve the MAF screeen installed, put it in. That is a very good indicator.

If you do have it installed....clean the MAF sensor.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
If you dont' ahve the MAF screeen installed, put it in. That is a very good indicator.

If you do have it installed....clean the MAF sensor.

I bought the car w/ the K&N FIPK CAI & the MAF screen wasn't in there... :eek: Could I, or should I, get one from Ford? Or is it one of those $80 products that cost $.2 to make?

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I bought the car w/ the K&N FIPK CAI & the MAF screen wasn't in there... :eek: Could I, or should I, get one from Ford? Or is it one of those $80 products that cost $.2 to make?

yes..

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
If you push the clutch in while coasting and you are over 2K it has the tendency to stall....Thats why I downshift.....problem solved.....:shrug:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ZincDude said:
If you push the clutch in while coasting and you are over 2K it has the tendency to stall....Thats why I downshift.....problem solved.....:shrug:

I downshift also, but when it comes to a problem, I just want it fixed! & this is a problem that shouldn't be occurring... & another big thing is radar cops around here on these hills & that's why I like to put the Mach in neutral because my Bassani X-Pipe & Cat-Back tend to cause a lot of unwanted attention (like doing 50 mph in 4th gear). The speed limits 50 mph on Imperial Highway & that's where they usually hang out to catch people increasing speed because of the 25% grade increase...

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
My Mach 1 tends to stall on me when I put it into neutral when I'm going 35mph or faster & it's really starting to bother me! Any help & feedback on what this is due to & how to fix it is much appreciated!

Man I have the same Cold Air set up as you. I have had the same problem. I have found it to be the Oil from the filter getting in the MASS Air sensor and making it read funny. I usually spray mine lightly with some brake cleaner and have not seen anymore problems.

Users who are viewing this thread