Started BLET today

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Well as the title says i started BLET today. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. Looking forward to the taser, oc, and all the hot days running. Just did the basic PT tests today and got all the books. 1.5 miles, 300 sprint, push ups, sit ups, vertical jump.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
Im in the finishing week of BLET at Wake Tech, you won't be tasered or OC sprayed until you get to your department. Are you hired/sponsored by anyone?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Is the BLET an academy? Never heard that abreviation before. Anywho GL..btw Tazings suck, but the OC spray is worse...

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Im in the finishing week of BLET at Wake Tech, you won't be tasered or OC sprayed until you get to your department. Are you hired/sponsored by anyone?

Nice, congrats. We get oc and tasered in school here. I am sponsored.

lloyd,

BLET is an academy. At least here thats what they call it.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
where are you going through?

lloyd,
BLET stands for Basic Law Enforcement Training...same thing as the academy.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
OC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

It was my favorite day so far!! Nothng like the feeling of having your facial skin burned off with a blowtorch!!

:)

I'm down to 9 weeks but my knee is really giving me some trouble.

Good luck and enjoy!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm currently applying for the Fall program... I really hope my piss poor high school and some college transcripts don't ruin my chances off the bat :(

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
i like it so far. Already had a ton drop out after the pt and a few after some tests. I will keep you guys posted. Give it a shot.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
i'm really surprised we didn't lose any to tests. The state only mandates that you get 70% on your tests, but the program i went through, we had to get 75%. Hopefully no one fails the state exam on Friday

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
good luck. They make us get at least 80's on every test. Then we have to make an 80 on the school test to sit for the final state test.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Arrest, search and seizure, Criminal law, Ethics, Communications, sections are done now. Will keep you guys posted.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Good luck. We are doing scat in 3 weeks. MV law next week and taser in two weeks.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
NC's BLET is no joke....i went through in 94 and it was 506 hrs then...i think its upwards of 700?? now...but one thing is for sure...i came out the best shape i have ever been in !

would love to get back in...but i am not going through that school again at 38.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
NC's BLET is no joke....i went through in 94 and it was 506 hrs then...i think its upwards of 700?? now...but one thing is for sure...i came out the best shape i have ever been in !

would love to get back in...but i am not going through that school again at 38.

ours was 644 hours at Wake Tech in Raleigh. I am definitely in the best shape I have ever been now, that's for sure. 38 is not too bad to go back!! We had a 37 year old, a 40 year old, and a 47 year old in my class. they all did great

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
it is 704 hours now. It goes up every year. The classes are good. I am learning a lot. we have a 45 year old lady with 4 kids in our class. She is complaining all the time and sounds like she is giving birth when we run but she is still in the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread