Started BLET today

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
good luck! We have two troopers teaching our PT. They are training for a marathon in October so they love to run and need to train.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
I hear ya...we have an officer that is training for a 50 miler and she runs like a gazelle!

I just got released to run again today finally. I am maxed a 1.5 miles for the next 2 weeks but thats all I need for the final lawfit so I can live with that.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Lawfit is a test based on a seies of events. You must score a minimum score of 200 to graduate.

The events are:

Pull ups
Sit ups
Bench Press
Sit and reach
1.5 Mile run.

When I started I was a 174. Prior to tweaking my knee I was up to a 235. I havent been able to run for 6 weeks and I only have until July 1st. Not sure where I'll end up.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
Lawfit is a test based on a seies of events. You must score a minimum score of 200 to graduate.

The events are:

Pull ups
Sit ups
Bench Press
Sit and reach
1.5 Mile run.

When I started I was a 174. Prior to tweaking my knee I was up to a 235. I havent been able to run for 6 weeks and I only have until July 1st. Not sure where I'll end up.

are you in trooper school ??????

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
monday we are doing the first tests to see where we stand in the pt

push ups
Sit ups
max Bench Press
Sit and reach
300 m sprint
1.5 Mile run

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
NC must be different tha AL. We have to pass the PT standards on the first day or we get kicked. We only have about 4 weeks left on the MPD 2009-A side, the state class(minimum standards) graduates in a week

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
its crazy the BLET instructor said as long as we show improvement we will pass the pt part but we have to pass the popat in under 7 min 20 sec. whats funny the ex trooper teaching the PT class said a good run isnt good unless someone is throuing the hell up

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
We had to do that on the first day. Then we have to do it at the end and once in the middle to see how we are doing. a lot of peopel sandbag it at first so it shows more gain.

monday we are doing the first tests to see where we stand in the pt

push ups
Sit ups
max Bench Press
Sit and reach
300 m sprint
1.5 Mile run

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
yea same here. But you could tell somethign was up when they walked most of the run. But then again most of them were way outta shape

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
i dont think im going to sandbag. even though i thought about it im not. whats some of yalls times and how many push ups and sit ups? Ill post up mine when we finish

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
I was in terrible shape until I decided to pursue this career. I worked for Citi-Bank making more than double what I make now and just plain had it easy.

Minimum passing score is 200.

I started with 0 pullups 40 situps, 12:58 1.5 mile run, 155lb bench and i cant remember the sit and reach...total score...174

Prior to my knee injury I was down to 10:13 on the 1.5 mile, 9 pull ups, 53 sit ups, 205lb bench and whatever on the sit n reach...total score 235.

I have 2 weeks before final lawfit and dont know where I will fall with my 6 weeks of light duty I just came off of. Gotta push hard to the finish and just hoping the knee holds out. I've come too far to fail now. Oh yeah, I weighed 260 when I started running prior to the academy, now I am down to 206 and shooting for 200 by July 1st.

RCP
Class 61
Far Beyond Driven

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
those are some pretty good gains.

My sit ups were 35
Push ups were 30
Bench press was 255
mile and a half in 11:50
We don't do sit and reach
Verticle was 19

That was 7 weeks ago. Not sure what it is now but i know they have went up. Will update ya when i do the next test.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
Ok we fineshed up the first assessment yesterday. Im about 6' 2'' and i weighed in at 217.

My sit ups were 54
Push ups were 62
Bench press was 275
mile and a half in 10:27
Verticle was 22

I really pushed myself and i hope it dont hurt me in the long run when we re test but i plan to get better along with everyone else. Some of the guys were giving me a hard time for doing pritty good the first time but iv worked out sice highschool and started running about three monthes ago to get ready for this:shrug:

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
You are a tool!

Just kidding! Good starting point. If you PT like we do it will be heavey pt for the 1st 1/2, drop off some in the 3rd 1/4 and then really drop off in the last 1/4.

We finished Radar school today. We have regular classes next week then its pretty much all PBT's from there on.

4 weeks and 1 day remaining!
Then the real abuse begins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread