Started BLET today

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
your numbers look good. good luck. If your pt is like ours then you will have people pissing and moaning the whole time but don't have the balls to quit.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Today we got our cert with the ASP (steel stick). Was pretty fun. anybody else use them?

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
We dont use "ASP" here. We use the "Colapsible Baton" we got our about 2 months ago I guess. We finished RADAR last week. I have a written test on DUI Monday. After that its NIMS, Homeland Defense and foot pursuits. After the end of the coming week were pretty much down to practical based tests. class time is pretty much over it looks like. We have our final LawFit July 1st and the DCJS test July 10th.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
must be nice to be be at the end. good luck on the tests. I am half way done. but its over 700 hours so it takes some time.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Keep up the good work guys. If you really apply yourselves it will all pay off in the end.

I miss my academy days. Really had a good group of guys though. Made it fun.

:beer:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
we just got finished with use of force training friday. warrior drills and non-felony(that turned into felony)car stops were really fun. what do you guys use when it comes to use of force. we use the 1+1 system at MPD

Hitman318

Established Member
i dont think any departments use the total control system anymore, too much liability and inconsistency

spyderman

Established Member
I am taking the new State Exam on Tuesday. Word is that the state is at a 35% passing rate. The exam went online on the June 1st so that % should be high. We were told this four weeks ago and everyone has been scrambling since. I have talked to a few guys who have taken it and they said it was a mess. Hopefully when you guys get done, it will have been revised. The bright side for us is that we get to take the old version if we fail this new one. What killed us is that all of our instructors would say "highlite this, 'cause this will be on the exam". Now we have no idea.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
What killed us is that all of our instructors would say "highlite this, 'cause this will be on the exam". Now we have no idea.

The point of an exam is to test your knowledge not if you can recall what the instructors told you would be on the exam.

spyderman

Established Member
Nope, not on this one. If that was the case, they wouldn't provide you with the objectives or the mandatory review days. There is an abundance of material ranging from Constitional Law all the way to fats and protiens. You have to play the state's game and every little bit of help counts. As stated before, I'm taking it Tuesday (along with CFCC whom half the class failed) and ill let u guys know how it goes.
The point of an exam is to test your knowledge not if you can recall what the instructors told you would be on the exam.

Last edited:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
GOT OC tomorrow. Got to get sprayed then have to take down a guy, cuff him, double lock then done. Any advice?

spyderman

Established Member
If you have your own cuffs, oil them good and make sure you have them on the last click. This will help with speed and bruising!

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
thanks. I cleaned and oiled them this past weekend. I will try the last click. thanks. Any other info on the OC?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
OC was no fun. We did the Saber Red. Was pretty bad. We had to get sprayed then do knee spears, then fight a suspect to the ground, then handcuff, double lock. then they took their sweet time inspecting the double lock then done. I think after the taser and the spray. I would take the taser. At least when it is done its done. My hands are still burning from the over spray.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
ARRRRRRRGH!!!!

OC ROCKS!!!!

We had ours about a month or so back. We had to go thru an obstacle course, do knee strikes, elbow strikes, palm strikes, find a baton, deliver strikes, turn and ID the suspects weapon, draw our weapon, order him to the ground, approach, reholster, and cuff. Then we got to clean up. Good times, good times!

We have Foot Pursuits all day tomorrow. Redman PBTs and final Lawfit next week. 3 weeks and 1 day remaining!

Hitman318

Established Member
^that is almost the exact same course we had to do with OC. we had to do all radio traffic while doing it also

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
We took a practice of the POPAT today. Should not be a problem. I got 8 weeks left. Will be glad when it is done. The red man is fun we did it last week. Good luck on the lawfit.

spyderman

Established Member
Well, just got my results from the state on the new Pilot Exam. The highest grade out of 42 people was a 76 and only 11 people passed. I got by with a 74 and feel like the test was somewhat of a joke. So I guess I can go apply now even though there arent many agencies hiring. I only want to go reserve so I should be in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread