Started BLET today

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
congrats. I still got a few weeks left. that 25 yard line made me throw one too. Have fun at the beach.

spyderman

Established Member
Congrats!

I will be sworn in next week. What a feeling to be an LEO. I am in my 30's so I am not that giddy. Well sort of. I will have some street duty but I will be in the detective division due to my IT experience. It's gonna be weird seeing a patrol car parked in my driveway.

Had our final range qualifier today.

I shot a 93.7...Damn that 25 yard line!

Also found out I passed the state final exam.

Graduate and get sworn in Thursday at 1pm!!!!

Then its off to the beach for vacation before I hit the streets.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
i graduate friday. then we have 6 months with an fto. we have been on ojt since monday, i got my first 2 arrests last night. one guy had 16 capias hahaha

03cobraracer

Established Member
congrats to all of you who are completing the academy i bet you are excited. im still hopefully moving to NC by the end of the year and im gonna try to get into the BLET program as well. ive also applied to NC state highway patrol just sent in my application so we shall see what happens. im an auto mechanic now and i cant stand it. ive always dreamed of being an LEO since my 2 uncles are both is law enforcement (corrections and FBI) so im gonna chase my dream as well. goodluck to you guys and stay safe out there!

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
03cobraracer...

Upon further review it has been noted that your greatest chance for a long and successful career in law enforcement will ONLY BE POSSIBLE IF...you sign your Sonic Blue Cobra over to me.

Just putting that out there...:banana::pepper::dancenana::pepper: :banana: :pepper:

03cobraracer

Established Member
03cobraracer...

Upon further review it has been noted that your greatest chance for a long and successful career in law enforcement will ONLY BE POSSIBLE IF...you sign your Sonic Blue Cobra over to me.

Just putting that out there...:banana::pepper::dancenana::pepper: :banana: :pepper:

hahaha FAT CHANCE!!! lol now if you are gonna give me a new house and a leo job then sure you can have it! :banana: :lol:

Hitman318

Established Member
I am now a sworn and certified Law Enforcement Officer with the Montgomery Police Department. There is no feeling in the world like getting that badge and becoming a member of the family

03cobraracer

Established Member
congrats man keep chugging along! ive already started training myself doing situps, pushups, running, etc. i want to get myself as ready as possible for the physical part of it at least.

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah i definately dont think its going to be easy at all thats why im trying to prepare for it as much as i can. between hearing your stories and the other guys posting in here it helps me see what i can expect. hopefully by the time i move to NC there will be some job openings available.

Hitman318

Established Member
its definately difficult. i dont know if your academies still do a military style outfit, but the MPA did. 18 weeks of hard work and dedication but it was well worth it. we are doing a week of transition from trainee to officer. we get to go get some more time on the range tomorrow and get some competitive shooting in

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
we never did the competitive shooting. We did some combat shooting and building / room clearing that was fun

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
Just remember.....you aren't done till your FTO says so. We just fired a kid and he had one week left in his field training. Deal w/ all the crap, and then you'll be good in the end.

G/L everyone

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Just remember.....you aren't done till your FTO says so. We just fired a kid and he had one week left in his field training. Deal w/ all the crap, and then you'll be good in the end.

G/L everyone

No doubt. I have seen newbies get booted right after the academy and right before ending their F.T. because of dumb stuff. The best advice I can give to help avoid problems is to not tell anyone you are a L.E.O. unless you are on-duty or the situation demands it. Dont interfere with things that arent your business by flashing your badge and creds. When off duty keep your badge and creds separate from your wallet and dont show them to anyone unless necessary for official business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread