Started BLET today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
No doubt. I have seen newbies get booted right after the academy and right before ending their F.T. because of dumb stuff. The best advice I can give to help avoid problems is to not tell anyone you are a L.E.O. unless you are on-duty or the situation demands it. Dont interfere with things that arent your business by flashing your badge and creds. When off duty keep your badge and creds separate from your wallet and dont show them to anyone unless necessary for official business.

preciate the advice :rockon:

looks like im gonna be on 3rd south. itll be a good shift to learn on i think.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Dont interfere with things that arent your business by flashing your badge and creds. When off duty keep your badge and creds separate from your wallet and dont show them to anyone unless necessary for official business.

Sooooo......the "OFFICIAL SUPER COP" T shirt I had airbrush at the beach wasnt a good idea?

What about carrying my AR15 over my back with a sling and my "FUTURE SWAT" T shirt? Bad idea also?

:??:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sooooo......the "OFFICIAL SUPER COP" T shirt I had airbrush at the beach wasnt a good idea?

What about carrying my AR15 over my back with a sling and my "FUTURE SWAT" T shirt? Bad idea also?

:??:

Keep that attitude in your F.T. and you should do extremely well:rolleyes:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
SCAT is fun. We did our CS the other day. Now we are starting to study for out final in a few weeks and doing some other small classes.

Hitman318

Established Member
You guys stick with it. the streets are a totally different world but even more fun. Learn all you can in the academy, you will use alot of it on the streets to keep you out of trouble

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I am trying to bet into a academy now. Is there anything I can do to get a head start ? I am already doing the physical stuff but is there some books I could buy and start reading ? thanks

Hitman318

Established Member
any cool stories for us yet?

not really, just same old thugs in Montgomery everyday. domestic calls and babysitting grown ass people. every call is different though so remember that when you get out. there is no such thing as a routine call

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
well said southern

I've been on the road for 3 weeks now, I've had several shootings, stabbings, a B+E, a reported rape, had drug arrests, my best traffic summons has been a 97/55 zone, and a foot pursuit come to mind.

Each day is the same type of calls, but each is unique in how it happened and who your dealing with.

The academy had moments that sucked, but once your on the road you see where the books end and real world lack of experience kicks in.

Odd hours, the pay is marginal at best, baby sitting adults(?) 12 hours per day.

All in all its been a good ride so far.

Driving a brand new unmarked red charger with tinted windows has been a blast also. We have been able to roll right up on people and they have no clue there are 2 officers sitting right next to or behind them. :rockon:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
thats cool cemeflybyu. Cant wait to get the next three weeks done and be doing the same.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
We rode the taser and then the pepper spray last night and it sucked. Even with the taser ending after 5 seconds i thought i was going to die lol

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
are all of you applying for jobs yet? My class is over in january and there are some people applying now. some of the teachers are letting us know if they have open spots at there departments also which helps

Hitman318

Established Member
our academy was put on by my department, MPD trains a state class and a MPD class at the same time. everyone at our academy was already with a department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread