Starting a youtube channel.

jmsa540

Established Member
What makes him success outside of his outgoing personality is his age. I think hes like 17-18 and hes being on youtube for a few years. Most youtube viewers are between like 8-15 years old so they find him relatable.
Outgoing personality?

I just threw up...

The only reason he gets views is cuz of that girl, man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Another thing to note is that for every one person that actually makes money from their Youtube channel, there are hundreds of thousands that fail.
I guess that depends on what you consider successful. But, id be interested to see what the success rate is on youtube.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Okay you're on the right track

I can't speak to the others, I instinctively avoid blatant clickbait vlogs which might feature a car somewhere
Im onboard with that. Streetspeed does that now but rp productions and other "smaller" channels don't

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
start one up for fun, never start one thinking you are going to be raking in the money.

youtube is such a horrible platform for smaller channels these days. youtube caters more to people who can generate content on a daily basis, if not able to upload multiple times a day.

i know multiple smaller content creators and they are switching from youtube because they cannot get views. the way youtube works now is more centric towards channels and people who are already big. if you cannot provide something new and original, you will get buried in all the channels which are similar... and unless someone is searching specifically for your channel, you may never even be a blip on peoples' suggested.

again, start one for fun.. but throw all the dreaming of blowing up out the window. if you go into it thinking you're going to be making money, you'll be very disappointed.

Venom351R

Established Member
Making it on youtube is tough. Have to have steady content and quality stuff to put up. I have a channel with only 106 subscribers that I've amassed over the years covering things from video games to motovlogs on my CBR and now some ATV stuff. I do it more for information type stuff and general BS. You have to be active on all the social networks which all help tie into your channel. Youtube is really weird some of my most viewed videos range from 3,000-5,000 views and its over the dumbest stuff I would not expect to get that many hits while the stuff I took a lot of time to edit and put time into got zero traction. I've always done it as just a hobby and something fun to do. Props to those who make it big, its not an easy feat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Making it on youtube is tough. Have to have steady content and quality stuff to put up. I have a channel with only 106 subscribers that I've amassed over the years coving things from video games to motovlogs on my CBR and now some ATV stuff. I do it more for information type stuff and general BS. You have to be active on all the social networks which all help tie into your channel. Youtube is really weird some of my most viewed videos range from 3,000-5,000 views and its over the dumbest stuff I would not expect to get that many hits while the stuff I took a lot of time to edit and put time into got zero traction. I've always done it as just a hobby and something fun to do. Props to those who make it big, its not an easy feat.
Its all about catchy thumbnails and titles. Content can be garbage. just need people to click the vid.

Zemedici

Established Member
I've got a ton of customers that are established youtube personalities, and the industry is not what it was just a couple years ago.

The market is SATURATED with people 'trying to make a buck' on the platform. Not to mention you have actual established Entertainment avenues like The Late Show, News Channels, etc etc that are all transitioning to Youtube, to generate income. Hell even the Rock posts shit on Youtube. So you're going to compete with The Rock for views? Its like starting an automotive company to go against Ford in 2018, David vs Goliath.

The monetization process is a nightmare compared to what it used to be.

List goes on and on.

Blown 89

Established Member
Putting quality content on YouTube takes a lot of time, energy, and skill. It might look dumb but it takes work. There's an interesting video sometime made about the work that goes behind Casey Neistat's videos that worth taking a look at. Before you pass it off as dumb content turn on your tv and ask yourself if that's any better. Half way through Westworld last night i tuned out...20 minutes into hearing Captain Joe talk about how airplane toilets work and i was still glued to the tv. There's some good content on there. There's a reason very few people i know watch tv anymore.... It's because they're on YouTube.

OP, if you have something to say and can manage the technical aspects of editing do it. If you enjoy it keep doing it and see what happens. Nothing worth doing in life is easy

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Putting quality content on YouTube takes a lot of time, energy, and skill. It might look dumb but it takes work. There's an interesting video sometime made about the work that goes behind Casey Neistat's videos that worth taking a look at. Before you pass it off as dumb content turn on your tv and ask yourself if that's any better. Half way through Westworld last night i tuned out...20 minutes into hearing Captain Joe talk about how airplane toilets work and i was still glued to the tv. There's some good content on there. There's a reason very few people i know watch tv anymore.... It's because they're on YouTube.

OP, if you have something to say and can manage the technical aspects of editing do it. If you enjoy it keep doing it and see what happens. Nothing worth doing in life is easy
Captain Joe, love that guy. Glad he finally got to fly with Cargolux on those beautiful 747's that they operate.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I've got a ton of customers that are established youtube personalities, and the industry is not what it was just a couple years ago.

The market is SATURATED with people 'trying to make a buck' on the platform. Not to mention you have actual established Entertainment avenues like The Late Show, News Channels, etc etc that are all transitioning to Youtube, to generate income. Hell even the Rock posts shit on Youtube. So you're going to compete with The Rock for views? Its like starting an automotive company to go against Ford in 2018, David vs Goliath.

The monetization process is a nightmare compared to what it used to be.

List goes on and on.

Need some names for verification. Ive never seen injected mentioned on any videos. yall should do videos showcasing your work

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I keep tossing around the YouTube idea, do an Obsessed Garage type ordeal. Matt started out filming himself with minimal to no editing besides the intro and outro. I detail on the side and have a C6Z and a 3v GT road course car I could vlog about. I really want to do it for fun, as I do my small detailing outfit. If people watch, cool and if not, owell. I also like Corvette918's channel, that also is one cool one to model after.

VV is ok, I liked him better when he was in college with Eddie. SS717 is ok to watch as well, I watch him a good bit due to his ZR1 and his new C6 project. RPM's channel is actually awesome. For exotic content I watch Shmee150, that is rarely.

I think if I do burn any time on YT it usually is for SS717 and RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread