Steeda 05-13 GT/GT500 Triple Pass Heat Exchanger w/Fans

Mopower

Established Member
For $600 delivered, I ordered it. The price and plug and play appeal to me. It should compliment the new KB 2.8LC blower nicely.

NuclearPower

Established Member
R there any updates on this? Anybody ever get any comparison as to who the other heat exchanger maker was that they compared too?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I wonder if it would be plug and play if i were to put this hx and a 13 pump in my 12. This combo should work well.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
R there any updates on this? Anybody ever get any comparison as to who the other heat exchanger maker was that they compared too?

They probably just compared square inch to square inch. If real testing were done I think they would have given some iat 1-2 delta t

Mopower

Established Member
I have it sitting on my workbench and did open the box and check it out as well as read the instructions. It was packed well and appears to be high quality to me. The wiring harness is plug and play if the plugs fit my 2012. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install it for a while.

Surfergeek

Established Member
Picked this up for the Black Friday Special as an alternative to the others mentioned here and just had it installed as part of my FRPP 624HP installation on my '13 GT. Looked like a very nice, well built piece from looking at it, and it's clearly superior to the unit that comes with the kit.

The weather has been cool and rainy here so haven't had the opportunity for extensive testing, but looking forward to brining it on the road course next year.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have it sitting on my workbench and did open the box and check it out as well as read the instructions. It was packed well and appears to be high quality to me. The wiring harness is plug and play if the plugs fit my 2012. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install it for a while.

How many amps are the fuses rated for that were included in the kit?

Mopower

Established Member
How many amps are the fuses rated for that were included in the kit?

I never looked to see and don't remeber if the instructions said. I can look and see when I get home after Jan 2nd or 3rd and report back if needed.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It would be great if one of you guys that had bought the steeda unit would do a complete break down with pics an even a write up to compare to the other brands.

Van@RevanRacing

There are 2 relays, I can pull the wiring out and take pics. I am in the middle of a move right now so I haven't had time to really look it over.

All you have to do (when you have time because you are moving) is research this forum about AFCO wiring harness failures due to a single fuse holder.

Save yourself the possible future headache or worse and put a separate fuse for each relay. AFCO eventually saw the error in their wiring with two relays and a single fuse and corrected it with two fuses.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
2 fuse holders with 30A fuses.
20121228_120157.jpg

20121228_120240.jpg

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
any updates?

The install was pretty easy, the only tough steps were removing the Ford clamps and burping the system. It took me just under 3 hours to install the H/E and new reservoir. I installed 15A fuses in place of the 30A fuses. When the fans kick they are very loud if noise is a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread