Steeda 05-13 GT/GT500 Triple Pass Heat Exchanger w/Fans

shelbysvt

Established Member
I thought our heat exchangers were suppose to be huge and such. That looks very small compared to the steeda one.

EDIT: I'm blind didn't see this was not a 13

Mopower

Established Member
I finally installed this today. The wiring harness is plug and play with no problems as advertised. It has 2 30 amp fuses and 2 relays. The heat exchanger is much larger than the oem, I didn't take measurements or pictures, sorry. The installation went off with no unexpected problems and it definetly keeps the intercooler water nice and cool especially with the 50 to 60 degree weather we are having. I like it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so how do you guys like these? any data info from personal use

raceme2

Established Member
I got my 12 back from the tuner 2 weeks ago. I had the FRPP 750 package installed along with the Steeda Tri Flow heat exchanger. So I can't say what difference just adding the heat exchanger made, but the temps up here haven't been that hot. so far there has been no noticeable loss of power at all. The tuner said the install was very easy and straight forward. He also said during the dyno runs with ambient temperature of 78F that the IAT was never over 130.

Surfergeek

Established Member
I can provide positive feedback on mine as well (2013 GT with FRPP 624HP kit)

Will have a good test in July at Fontana for 2 day track event, but in March at Shelby Bash, it was a champ for extended 20-25 minute sessions at Spring Mountain. No power loss whatsoever. (3.2 mile roadcourse)

ShelbyVaprTrail

Established Member
This sounds like an interesting option for those like me who haven't upgraded from stock. Are there any additional updates or comments regarding install or performance from people who have purchased the Steeda?

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
This sounds like an interesting option for those like me who haven't upgraded from stock. Are there any additional updates or comments regarding install or performance from people who have purchased the Steeda?

The unit is quality and the install was very easy but I would also consider the new VMP unit if I had to do it all over again.

Surfergeek

Established Member
Mine has been in for about a year now, seen multiple track days, multiple days with 100 degree plus temps, and it's performed fantastic. Very happy with it.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Bring this back from the dead.......wondering if the Steeda HE will fit a 13 Shelby anybody know???

Surfergeek

Established Member
No reason it shouldn’t, works with the 5.0 based after title and 5.4 500s. Mine has been working flawlessly and I drive the heck out of it on the road course. Still two thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I've been looking at pics between it and the VMP one. The Steeda shows some extra brackets tig welded on the side tanks on either side whereas the VMP one doesn't have them.

The inlet is also pointed towards the pass. side at the top (compared to my stock HE which is at the top facing back to the engine, the VMP is at the bottom pointed diagonally down towards the LF corner of the car).

Then there's the possible issue of the wiring harness, the only thing of concern for me there is the connector to the intercooler pump. I'm not sure if the connector on the harness to the 07-12 pumps is the same as the 13 pump.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Surfergeek did you leave the 2 30a fuses in the holders for the harness or did you put in smaller amperage fuses?

I read this whole thread, some were concerned about the 30a fuses Steeda supplied with the HE, if there was a wiring issue the harness could be damaged before the 30a fuses can blow.

Surfergeek

Established Member
Surfergeek did you leave the 2 30a fuses in the holders for the harness or did you put in smaller amperage fuses?

I read this whole thread, some were concerned about the 30a fuses Steeda supplied with the HE, if there was a wiring issue the harness could be damaged before the 30a fuses can blow.

We left the 30a fuses in, no problems thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread