Steeda Tri Ax question

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
A few months ago I installed a steeda tri ax and ever since then I get a pretty good vibration in third gear only. It's loud enough to hear and shakes the shifter knob pretty good. All other gears are fine, it gets silent when I put it in fourth.
I did pull out the shift stop bolts.
I also installed cobra bobs shifter gaskets. It's really annoying and I'm afraid to do a third gear pull with all that vibration.
Is this a common problem with these shifters? Is there a way to fix it?

Last edited:

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
Ya the stock one was fine, no vibrations at all. I like the tri ax for the most part but this vibration is driving me crazy. No one else has had this issue?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never heard of a vibration like you described caused by the shifter. You might want to call Steeda customer service and talk to them about it. Especially since you didn't have the issue before installing their shifter.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
mine vibrates a little but I don't have any gaskets in mine and its also a steeda tri ax, and it doesn't seem as bad as yours I'm going to switch shifters probably in the next couple weeks and go to a pro 50 shifter.

oldmodman

Established Member
Did you remove the set screw stops when you installed the shifter?

Our T-56 transmissions have internal stops. If the supplied stops are still in place they may be preventing you from fully shifting into 3rd gear.

It's been over ten years since anyone brought this up so I hope I don't have this backwards. :(:-D

tj@steeda

Established Member
few months ago I installed a steeda tri ax and ever since then I get a pretty good vibration in third gear only. It's loud enough to hear and shakes the shifter knob pretty good. All other gears are fine, it gets silent when I put it in fourth.
I did pull out the shift stop bolts.
I also installed cobra bobs shifter gaskets. It's really annoying and I'm afraid to do a third gear pull with all that vibration.
Is this a common problem with these shifters? Is there a way to fix it?

This is not typical of our shifter - please send me your contact info to [email protected] & I will have our technician follow-up with you & see what we can figure out.

Please also send where you purchased the shfiter from & any video/photos of the install would be helpful.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

TJ

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
Old mod man yes I pulled the stops out to avoid any shifting issues that others have experienced.

Tim thank you for reaching out to me, I sent an email your way.

Users who are viewing this thread