Steve Turner Joins the SVTP Staff as The Editor-in-Chief of SVTP

EditorTurner

Established Member

Note from SID297 :: "This had to be one of the worst kept secrets in history. Anyone who saw Steve and I standing around talking at the Bradenton NMRA race had to have an idea that something was up. I've been a fan of Steve's writing for years, and he, along with KJ and MJ, made 5.0 Mustang and SuperFords magazine my favorite Mustang publication. It may sound a bit mean spirited, but I'd like to thank the management at SORC for giving us the opportunity to have Steve take a leadership role at SVTP. I have supreme confidence in Steve's ability and vision to elevate SVTP's editorial content delivery to heights heretofore unimagined. I hope all of SVTP is as excited about Steve joining the site as I am, and will join me in welcoming Editor Turner to the SVTP family."
:beer:

Starting Line

By Steve Turner

With every automotive endeavor there comes a turning point. There’s that crucial moment when you decide to either move forward with a project or to scrap it and move on to another car. Sometimes these moments arrive by personal choice. Other times the fates step in and take you down a path that you had never conceived.

As it so happens, I share the same birthday month as the Mustang. Just days after my birthday last year, I hydroplaned my beloved ’08 Shelby GT500, Project Vapor Trail. It seemed like, at that instant, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I quickly realized how fortunate I was that the car didn’t injure anyone, including myself. It simply spun to a stop. Sure, that first instant was all about what happened to the car. That faded briskly as I headed home to see my family.

Little did I know at the time that the little bit of perspective and growth taken away from that day would serve me well less than a year later. By then, the car was good as new, and life was great. I was in a groove creating magazines and looking forward with great anticipation to the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang and the new addition to the guest list—the 2015 Mustang. Everything seemed lined up for wonderful things.

Then it happened. I was suddenly out of the magazine business after 20 years. Whatever the reasons were, I was on the outside looking in on what I had done since I graduated from college. The shock of this moment lasted longer than a pirouette in a puddle. I can’t lie. It was a major blow, but I have always believed that things happen for a reason.

However, we don’t really know how much we identify ourselves with our work until we don’t do that work anymore. When anyone asks you what you do, they don’t want to know what you enjoy in your free time. They want to know how you make a living. It is just the way we think. It shows how much we associate our value with our work. This concept rings even truer when we love our work.

After I scraped myself up off the mat, I started considering what my next career step should be. Would it be best to leave the work I love behind? That would be difficult for many reasons. It seemed that getting back into the automotive media business was the right move. There are great cars coming, and I still have stories to tell. The real challenge was finding the right outlet. All signs pointed to the Internet. It is where the world gets its news and information, and we all know it will only grow as a more integral part of our lives each day. Of course the Internet is vast, and the number of dedicated Mustang sites is numerous. SVTPerformance.com has always been one of my favorites. Not only do its loyal users love Ford performance, they also eschew fluff for technical detail.

A friend for many years, SVTP’s owner, Travis Hill, often joked about me leaving the print world and joining the vibrant community here. It turned out he was really serious! He wanted to increase the volume of stories on the front page, and he had the confidence that I could join the team and help push its content side into the future. Better yet, Travis said that he liked what I did, and he just wanted me to keep doing it. His goal was for this site to be the best, not necessarily the most profitable. These words spoke volumes.

In an instant I knew I had found a home to continue doing what I love, but in an exciting, fresh format. Not only is SVTP one of the most successful independent Mustang sites around, it was one of the few that I lurked on regularly. I have learned a lot here, and I always enjoyed reading the posts where the SVTP members get in-depth on a subject.

My mission is to spread the gospel of SVTP by attracting new users, while embracing all that the community has to offer. I want to highlight some of the posts and projects from the board here, while bringing more news, technical stories, event coverage, and other fresh content to the front page. I am truly excited to be part of the SVTP family, so if you have any ideas or would like to contribute to the new front page, hit me at [email protected]. If you want to see what I am up to at any given moment, you can follow me @editorturner on Twitter and editorturner on Instagram.

Check out the Intro Vid:

[video=youtube;ayLmyDjdVwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLmyDjdVwc[/video]​

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP Steve! This is AWESOME news!

And lol at those that thought Travis was selling SVTP!

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Hmmmm, I think that a proper welcome from the Late Night Crew from SmackDown is in order, and I will extend that from the LNC guys by saying:

OP IS NOT A ******!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread