Stiegemeier

vbguy01

Established Member
For those of you that went through Stiegemeier in person, has anyone bought their pullies or their chip and tune? I know Doug's pullies come highly recommended and are aluminum (if I'm not mistaken.) Steig's are steel. Also Steig uses SCT chips. Just wondering if anyone had their car tuned after porting the blower and/or swapping the pully at Steig's.

I have the opportunity to take my car in person (being near StL)and am debating if I want to port, swap the pulley and tune all at once or just port and then swap out for a Billetflow and Preditor later.

lucafu1

Established Member
i would go billet flow and predator.
wait a minute, i did go that route.
i wouldnt change it either. no slip or dust.

dougwg

Established Member
Yes my pulleys are aluminum.... but my hub (the part that gets pressed onto the shaft is steel.

Quote from my web site

Hub:
Material: 4150 prehardened Steel
Process: CNC Machined
Coating: Black oxide

Pulley Rings:
Material: 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum
Process: CNC Machined
Coating: Anodized

Misc:
Stainless Steel button head screws with lock washers

Fuerza

Established Member
doug do your pulley fit on KB Superchargers? I saw cobra for say on ebay. It had a KB blower with one of your 2.76 pulleys. I wanted to hear it from the man himself.

dougwg

Established Member
yes, Livernoise made an adaptor

So now it's 3 pieces instead of just 2

I will be making a New Hub that will work on the KB soon!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want the best pullies I'd recommend you stick with either Billetflow or Reichard Racing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Huh? Kerry who? Hey buddy, you messing with my head? Or have I been punching keys on this computer for too long today? :lol1: :lol1:

Edit: Yep! It's been a LONG day. Just realized the 'Kerry Sucks!' blurb is in your signature.
:lol:

P.S. - I agree with you about Kerry. Another............:lol1:

Last edited:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
vbguy - I went to Steigemeiers - Brian from Apten was there before they moved. I showed up with stock pulley and stock blower. I brought with me the billetflow pulleys (2.76+idlers) and had them port the blower and flash tune. Walked in the door with 416rwhp and walked out with 504rwhp. I've got no complaints... Good luck!

vbguy01

Established Member
Thanks for the info Pete. I was thinking the same thing. Get the blower ported and have them throw on a 2.76 while at it. (Saves $ on a pulley puller). The guy didnt sound too receptive to throwing on the idlers so I was wondering if anyone else had them installed while there. I'll ask him about it on Mon. Did you purchase an SCT flasher or did you just get a chip burn?

Rwick7

Established Member
vbguy - the idlers are a 15 minute install just bring a socket set with your and do it in the parking lot. I have a pulley puller and am in the STL area if you want to save some money on that also we can swap it right before you go. Unless of course your throwing on a ported one.

Steigie hasn't been tuning long but Brian taught him and I'm sure he works right from a Brian/SCT file so there shouldn't be too much to change.

Good Luck

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread