Stiegemeier's NEWEST Product M-122 Hybrid Cobra Blower Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynobobstieg

m-112-122.png

M-122 Hybrid Cobra Blower Conversion​

We take the amazing power output of a M-122 Shelby GT-500 Blower and fit that in your ’03-’04 M-112 Cobra blower case.By utilizing the rotor pack & front drive assembly of the GT500 you will have a like new blower assembly, as most GT500 blowers we come across have very low mileage. The Rotors and ¾ inch longer and have a bit more twist for more air movement.

New for 2012 is the M-122 Hybrid Cobra Blower Conversion!!

We take the amazing power output of a M-122 Shelby GT-500 Blower and fit that in your ’03-’04 M-112 Cobra blower case.
This is a reminiscent of a ZZP Gen V M90 to M-112 Conversion upgrade for the Pontiac GTP (2004-2005)

By utilizing the rotor pack & front drive assembly of the GT500 you will have a like new blower assembly, as most GT500 blowers we come across have very low mileage. The Rotors and ¾ inch longer and have a bit more twist for more air movement. Also the Rotor Pack bearings are much larger with better rigidity at higher rotor speeds.

On the Blower Pulley side of things we make a custom hub that fits a BilletFlow Pulley Ring that most customers already have.

Custom Pulleys available on request

The only engine mod required was a water hose fitting that can be seen in the photo below. On the intercooler housing we removed the top hose connector and tapped it with a ¼ pipe thread. (no drilling was necessary) Then we installed a brass 45 degree fitting and added a barb fitting to connect the hose.

attachment.php

This particular build has the venom cooler which has a very similar line hook up as the factory M-112 with a venom cooler.

On the Performance Side of things boost was up 1# with running the same pulley size. We then took off the 2.93 pulley that was currently on the vehicle and install a 2.76 pulley which gave the rotors a speed of 16000 RPM at redline which is where the M-122 really hit its stride. The HP output was up good but torque not as much.

My overall view on this mod is if you have a High Mileage M-112 in need of a complete rebuild on a Cobra or Lighting for a little extra cost you can have a “like new” larger blower that is stronger and can maintain higher rotor speeds while also adding more performance.
There are a lot of low mileage cores available due to many people doing TVS swaps, and you would be able to pick one up yourself for an average cost between $300 to $500. If you are unable to find a core we do currently have 2007-2011 cores in stock.
The best part is that with this setup all the parts and pieces go back where Ford intended them to be, this retains your collector and resale value.

Thank you and call if we can further assistant you with your personal needs and goals.
Stiegemeier:burnout:
636-949-2275

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Could you post the before and after graphs on here please? I am not a member on the linked site and can't view them. Also, the DIY kit does not include the rotor pack? Thanks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would be great to see some before and after dyno numbers just to show the comparison to a regular ported Eaton.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Are you looking into at all of installing the TVS rotors at any point to the stock M112 case, or is this a mute point with VMP's TVS upgrade?

Would love to know what kind of power output a stge 6 port with the M122 (drilled and lightened rotors) in this would do.

Also what kind of price is the conversion?

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:
Are you offering any kind of credit if for example I turned in my stage 6 towards one of your M122s? Thank you

ian04

Established Member
what i would like to know is does this mod help the eaton hold its boost to redline like would this with a 2.76 4lb hold 18psi to 6500 and not drop off like a regular ported eaton

hes had it on his site for a few months now i belive it said $750 for the conversion

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
DIY Hybrid Kit
Price: $475.00
(does not include the blower case, this is a DIY kit) This kit includes an adaptor plate, mounting hardware, hose adaptor, and a hub.

Street King Hybrid Package
Price: $1295.00
(this price reflects if you send your current M-112 case to us, porting is not included in the price.) This kit is also shipped out with an adaptor plate, mounting hardware, hose adaptor, and a hub.

Street King Hybrid Package w/ Stage 6 Porting
Price: $1795.00
(this price reflects if you send your current M-112 case to us, with stage 6 porting included in the price.) This kit is also shipped out with an adaptor plate, mounting hardware, hose adaptor, and a hub.

Street King Hybrid Package w/ Port Update
Price: $1595.00
(this price reflects if you send your current M-112 case to us with an older style port.) This kit is also shipped out with an adaptor plate, mounting hardware, hose adaptor, and a hub.

Street King Hybrid Package w/ Stage 6 Porting + Venom Cooler
Price: $2175.00
(this price reflects if you send your current M-112 case to us, with stage 6 porting and a venom cooler included in the price.) This kit is also shipped out with an adaptor plate, mounting hardware, hose adaptor,hub, and hoses for venom cooler.

Additional Options:
Vented Shaft - $85.00
Oil Sight Glass - $85.00 (includes fill + drain hole added)
Injector Upgrade - $185.00

If sending if your GT500 core subtract $500.00 from all pricing above.

We currently install a hub that fits BilletFlow Pulleys, and seel rings for and additional $85 (sizes below)

Rings Sizes
2.49, 2.76, 2.93, 3.10, 3.40, 3.65

We have also noticed that for best results and performance the optimal rotor speeds are between 1600 and 1900, we find that for most applications a rotor speed between 1600-1700 will provide a very good increase for your average driver, while the 1800-1900 range is better suited for the weekend warrior.

ian04

Established Member
he did on another site but i couldnt read them very well the numbers were all blurry this seems like a great option to bridge the gap between eaton and TS but at the above prices i think people will just go TS unless the diy kit encludes the gt500 snout and rotors which i dont think it does i wrote steg on this over a month ago twice asken about it since he list a m-112 to m-122 conversion kit for 750 on his site and never got any response back

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I just want a answer on numbers. I have a ported Posi case ready to either get m112 internals or m122 depending on numbers and price.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I would think the gins would be similiar to the conversion kit JamesHell has that adapts the GT500 M122 to the 03-04 Cobra. Not sure how the costs between the 2 add up yet though. Stieg's also keeps a bit of the stock blower stealth to the car if thats what your after.

I like additional options though nd love tht there are still people out there working for the better of our Terminator community. (dmn I need to fix the "a" key on this thing lol)

Ken

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

-Graphs have been posted check out Web site. (before and after)

The DIY does not include rotor pack.

One interesting point on boost drop off is air quality has more effect on this than we realized. We are making larger runs on these kits price has been reduced to $475.00

Thank you!
Stiegemeier:burnout:
Stiegemeier Supercharger Porting-Home
636-949-2275

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread