Still can't shift at WOT after JHR clutch line...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I've done MGW, stiffened trans mount, and dot4 fluid. My car shifts great on motor now even up to 7300. Stiffening the trans Mount (backyard engineered not whiteline mount) helped a lot. But mine still locks me out of 2nd after a good 60 foot, spraying a 150 shot out of the hole.. Cut some 1.5s on slicks, but every time I did, I'd either have to wait a long time for second to fall into gear or it would lock me out. Ordered my Che torque limiters tonight and will report back how it works. I'm convinced the added power from the nitrous launches is torquing it over more. Causing that shift shaft coming from the remote shifter, to be misaligned going to the transmission.

Did you upgrade your motor mounts? If not your still getting some deflection causing your mgw to mis align and lock you out under load. The remote shifter design requires near perfect alignment under load to cure lock out. The slightest movement can play havoc with your shifting! I recommend these motor mounts which since I've installed them i have not locked out in second and i have no 2nd gear cold nibble:

2011-up GT/BOSS 5.0 Urethane Bullet Motor Mounts - Justin's Performance Center

konabluekiller

Established Member
Did you upgrade your motor mounts? If not your still getting some deflection causing your mgw to mis align and lock you out under load. The remote shifter design requires near perfect alignment under load to cure lock out. The slightest movement can play havoc with your shifting! I recommend these motor mounts which since I've installed them i have not locked out in second and i have no 2nd gear cold nibble:

2011-up GT/BOSS 5.0 Urethane Bullet Motor Mounts - Justin's Performance Center

Gonna try the torque limiters since I already ordered them. Then I'll order these. Looks like a PITA to install motor mounts... How bad is it on a lift?

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
mine is at the dealer as we speak. stuck in 3rd gear. I am not sure if they will replace the trans or not yet. I am sure I hate this whole design and refuse to sink money in motor mounts, driveshaft, fluid, line swaps, tranny mounts/bushings, mgw shifter, new clutch, just to make it shift like it should from the factory. after all that nearly 3k, even if it works, it is still a remote shifted mt82 Ill spend 5k on the tremec magnum kit from jpc and sell my mt82 setup to someone who blew theirs up.
then I will row gears with confidence at 7500 as hard as I please.

Users who are viewing this thread