Still can't shift at WOT after JHR clutch line...

MoonRider

Established Member
Anyone that owns a '13 know if these problems still persist or has Ford worked them out with the new ones? I'm not going to get a 6-speed if I have to deal with this as it will be a daily driver.

I haven't had any problems powershifting my '13 and it grabs rubber 1st-4th shifting at the redline. It is also my DD

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
2011,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pressure plate bolts are backing out and you will never be able to shift it !!! been there done that! the jhr line wont help all the dot fluid in the world ,clutch helper spring,nope that wont help it either,, bolts ,bolts ,bolts,bolts,,,,bolts, bolts ,BOLTS!!!!!

Lol. Settle down.

Was this you when you were writing that?

:dw:

If there was a gif of someone shaking their fists in the air I'd post that too ;)

Kyle55R

Established Member
I have had my clutch pedal stick to the floor and have 3rd gear lockout out at the track. Ive had 3rd gear lock out on the street but no clutch sticking. '13 GT

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
13 here. No problems to report. I can get loose into second and bark 3/4 and get into 5th no problems. Maybe the 13s have better syncros?

SicShelby09

Banned
13 here. No problems to report. I can get loose into second and bark 3/4 and get into 5th no problems. Maybe the 13s have better syncros?

No. You are not going to be able to bark anything if you shift past the 7K redline. This issue is only for cars with tunes, shifting after the redline.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
No. You are not going to be able to bark anything if you shift past the 7K redline. This issue is only for cars with tunes, shifting after the redline.

My buddy has a 2012 GT and shifts at 7300 with his bama tune. He has a shifter brack, removed the clutch helper spring. He has no problems shifting fast above 7K. My bone stock 13' has no issues shifting at 6900. I have been locked out of 2nd and 4th a few times but only at the track and honestly I think its half my fault anyways. Never been locked out on the street.

RFM50

Established Member
I have the JHR Clutch line, Amsoil fluid, Barton 2 Post Bracket and the helper spring removed from the clutch pedal. The spring removal was my last step and I have not had a problem since I did that. I live in HOT ASS AZ where any spirited driving will make the fluid boil. I do plan on swaping the brake fluid soon though. Just to make sure. I think the 2 post bracket design really makes a difference on lock out. I only removed the spring because my pedal would still feel a little soft at times.

cbrtrx

Established Member
I change my fluid every month and have no issues shifting at 7600 rpm, everything drivetrain related is stock. The car was running consistent 11.7s in the Florida heat on nitto's.

'99Ranger

Established Member
Ok guys I have been having an issue with my 13 as well. When it is rev'ed to the factory redline the clutch pedal likes to stay low to the floor. I can replicate it by slowly driving up to the redline the easiest. Do you think I am boiling the fluid or do I have other issues? I usually don't have this issue while at the track or when driving agressively.

scott_0

Established Member
^^ all that matters, if it feels better its justified then I'd say

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Knock on wood, trans number 2 has no problems shifting 7200 at the track. Boss clutch, JHR line, Barton 2-post bracket. Stock motor/trans mounts, helper spring, clutch and trans fluid.

gs462

Established Member
Anyone that owns a '13 know if these problems still persist or has Ford worked them out with the new ones? I'm not going to get a 6-speed if I have to deal with this as it will be a daily driver.

I just got my 13 and I do have the pedal sticking to the floor issue, after running the car hard. I have also been locked out of 3rd a couple times. I figured out you have to baby the shifter to get it into 3rd smoothly.

Last edited:

'99Ranger

Established Member
Ok guys I have been having an issue with my 13 as well. When it is rev'ed to the factory redline the clutch pedal likes to stay low to the floor. I can replicate it by slowly driving up to the redline the easiest. Do you think I am boiling the fluid or do I have other issues? I usually don't have this issue while at the track or when driving agressively.

Just a little update, my car is at the dealer now and apparently Ford is saying that this is normal and not to worry about it.

konabluekiller

Established Member
I've done MGW, stiffened trans mount, and dot4 fluid. My car shifts great on motor now even up to 7300. Stiffening the trans Mount (backyard engineered not whiteline mount) helped a lot. But mine still locks me out of 2nd after a good 60 foot, spraying a 150 shot out of the hole.. Cut some 1.5s on slicks, but every time I did, I'd either have to wait a long time for second to fall into gear or it would lock me out. Ordered my Che torque limiters tonight and will report back how it works. I'm convinced the added power from the nitrous launches is torquing it over more. Causing that shift shaft coming from the remote shifter, to be misaligned going to the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread