Still not fast enough...

MachJoe

Established Member
I'm starting to think something might be wrong with my engine. I recently put in 4.10's, cat back, intake, aluminum ds, racing thermostat, and bama tune. My buddy just bought a 07 GT with axle back and I think it has gears, not 100% sure though, but he walks me every time. Is this normal? From my understanding (I'm still learning this platform) the 4v should be walking on the 3v stock for stock... Any ideas?

Edit: and it's not driving related, I've been driving stick for 5-6 years now and my buddy just started driving stick about 4 months ago.

Last edited:

AMWill

What kind of race are you doing? Is it from a dig or a roll and how fast of a roll? I don't think anything is wrong with your Mach1, but if you would like I could have our lead tuner Mike Wilson take a look at your tune and see if he can safely squeeze some more pony's out. Also double check to see if you friend has gears or not because that does make a significant difference in acceleration.

If you're interested in Mike looking over your tune, shoot me a PM with any recent order number from AM. I'll get you taken care of!

Shane

mr-proper

Established Member
do a compression test! something is up that with all the mods you lose against a 2007 mustang GT with less HP stock and MORE WEIGHT!! take that bama tune off and retuned it back to stock and see if it helps. i bet your bama tune is way off (mine was detonating like nutzzz)!! had the same issue with bama i gave up on them.. other story..
try that!

smitty2919

Established Member
Emails tunes should only be used to get you by in order to drive it to a dyno and have a REAL tune put on the car.

Email tunes are a "best guess" on what the car need based on pervious results from other cars. Not evey car is the same.

MachJoe

Established Member
I'll do a compression and leak down test this weekend. I should've done that before I bought it. She seems to run fine. When I bought it I was getting an average of 12 mpg's (stock) so I did plugs, coils, fuel filter, K&N air filter, tires and changed all the fluids. After that I was getting 17-18 mpg's, and still am with my current mods. I don't know if that's normal.

I switched the program to stock and it doesn't run as strong or smooth as with the bama tune. I'll look around for dyno tunes if my compression test turns out fine. Thanks for the replies!!

MachJoe

Established Member
Yea I'm running stock mid pipe still. My buddy bought his car used, so the only mod we know of is the axle backs. He might be tuned and he might have gears. There's no telling until he starts modding. Ill report back when I do the compression test tomorrow.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
you shouldnt be losing. get a real tune on it, and see what the rpms are at in his car when he's cruising that'll tell you if its geared or not.

MachJoe

Established Member
Update: couldn't get my hands on a compression tester. They either didn't sell them or they were being rented out, so ill keep trying.

My car seems to have a slight hesitation throughout the power band in every gear. Kinda pegging at random spots. Anyone else have this issue?

halemach1

Established Member
Stock for stock, the Mach should walk at any speed, doesn't matter, most people with a 05-09 GT think I have a 04 GT with a 75 shot. Lol

MachJoe

Established Member
Stock for stock, the Mach should walk at any speed, doesn't matter, most people with a 05-09 GT think I have a 04 GT with a 75 shot. Lol

This has me really worried, cause my friends GT flies like a bat outta hell compared to mine. And I hate when people tell me I have a nice GT lol :nonono:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Some cars are factory freaks, others are factory pooches. Good possibility we have an example of both.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Cleaning the TB will do nothing. The 07s are quick and they respond well to mods. we have a couple here that are in the 12s with just gears so it doesn't take a lot to make them quick.

At what RPM are you shifting? What do you mean by "intake"? An intake tube or a ported intake?

These add very little power or reduce quickness a very small amount: cat back, intake, aluminum ds, racing thermostat. BTW, I didn't know there was a racing thermostat.

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
Ok so at its roots... Mach 1 with intake and exhaust vs a 07 GT with intake and exhaust

My 1999 (auto) with headers is a whole second faster in the quarter than my buddies 09 GT so a Mach should be killing him

You check all injectors and plugs? Could be a clogged injector or a faulty plug. Maybe even a vacuum leak

Users who are viewing this thread