Still not fast enough...

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Ok so at its roots... Mach 1 with intake and exhaust vs a 07 GT with intake and exhaust

My 1999 (auto) with headers is a whole second faster in the quarter than my buddies 09 GT so a Mach should be killing him

My auto Mach runs 12.8s with 4.10s, cobra intake cams and a 3200 stall with only 285rwhp. 05-09 GTs will run 12.8s with long tubes and gears.

We have no idea of the quickness or powerlevel of either the OPs car or the one that's beating up on him. There are too many variables affecting performance and we have no idea of either drivers ability, shift point, etc.

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
We have no idea of the quickness or powerlevel of either the OPs car or the one that's beating up on him. There are too many variables affecting performance and we have no idea of either drivers ability, shift point, etc.

Ya I agree with ya. He mentioned at WOT he had a sputter or something so that's why I'm saying air, fuel or spark delivery. Coil pack, plugs or injector issue I believe

MachJoe

Established Member
I have a C&L SRI with 4.10's also with the mods listed above. The "racing thermostat" is from Mishimoto, but AM called it a racing stat online so I'm just going by that. It's 160 degree stat. I did not have that installed when I raced the 07 GT.

I replaced plugs, coils, egr valve when I first got the car. It's NGK plugs (don't remember the part #, but they weren't the high dollar ones) and Accel coils. I seafoamed my car, ran injector cleaner through it (although I did not visually inspect the injectors). I believe my o2 sensors may be on their way out, so I need to order new ones for that.

We have not raced from a dig. He's a noob manual driver so I think I'd win by a long shot there. We raced from 20, 30, and 40mph's. I shift at 6k all the time when racing (it's a habit, I'm still use to driving VW's).

I have not cleaned the TB yet, so thanks for the heads up. I was gonna use Carb cleaner too. The "pegging" occurs more with the A/C on, but also does it with it off and cruise control set. I don't know what can be causing that. Bad MAF maybe?

I'm ready for more mods (LTs, x-pipe, and axles) but I want to fix my car first.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have a C&L SRI with 4.10's also with the mods listed above. The "racing thermostat" is from Mishimoto, but AM called it a racing stat online so I'm just going by that. It's 160 degree stat. I did not have that installed when I raced the 07 GT.

What's a C&L SRI?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Short ram intake. It's not a cold air intake. Tubing pipe with filter, not a ported intake or anything fancy.

So basically it's just the C&L tube connected to the MAF and filter which are located in the stock location?

I love the names these companies come up with.

MachJoe

Established Member
So basically it's just the C&L tube connected to the MAF and filter which are located in the stock location?

I love the names these companies come up with.

Yup! It connects to the TB too. Same as stock but the MAF diameter is 85mm IIRC.

MachJoe

Established Member
After doing more reading on other forums, it seems like the "pegging" issue might be EGR related. So I'll be deleting it and seeing if that fixes that problem.

machnem

Established Member
when i bought my 03 ab mach i was getting 9mpg i got new o2s and now im getting 11-12 im pretty much stock bassani high flow catted x-pipe, slp1 catback, sct tune and my car runs strong.

Machery

Established Member
My mach ran 11.9's N/A with cat converters. You need a good tune! You also need suspension mods like rear upper and lowers. UPR arms are cheap and work! I also used drag shocks in the rear and 70/30 drag struts in the front. Slicks are a must! When I first got my mach, I thought what a dog, but with the right tune and parts and lots of seat time at the track's test and tune, you will get it down. FYI, my dyno #'s were only 308 HP and 325 TQ.

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
I read on M1R that UCA and LCA are bad? I don't know if that's true. I plan on getting dyno tuned soon, trying to decide if i wanna do e85 or not though. But I think I got the Mach under control now. Power is way better than before and I'm getting 19-21 mpg's now. She needed a good thorough cleaning.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I read on M1R that UCA and LCA are bad? I don't know if that's true. I plan on getting dyno tuned soon, trying to decide if i wanna do e85 or not though. But I think I got the Mach under control now. Power is way better than before and I'm getting 19-21 mpg's now. She needed a good thorough cleaning.

Control arms are needed. e85 provides only small gains on low compression engines; not worth it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread