stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

justinschmidt1

Established Member
Everybody is jumping to conclusions thinking because the car makes all this power it should be no contest. driver ability has everything to do with it. We ran almost a 1/4 and he pulled me hard when he finally got it hooked up but by then we had run to our agreed spot. He came around me hard after we hit that spot. The best 1/8 mile time he has run is 7.57 on slicks. I know that everything being equal a 350 horsepower car can't run with a 660 horsepower car but driving a high horsepower 6 speed car on street tires makes things a little different. just saying:shrug:
D.T.R.---I'M hoping to run some 9.90's next month. have to get a new set of slicks (car spun bad in 2nd when i went the 10.20 pass). Going to try out my 2 step for the 1st time. Only had a 1.53 60ft.

He needs the driver mod bad, I ran 7.25 with 385 rwhp.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
yeah I seriously don't know which topic is worse
eastwood.gif

LOL..I know I'm not helping anything.. just been great entertainment for me lately. :banana:

Sick03Vert

Banned
12 Flat stock ? :dw: What are you smoking?

I can't believe you are quoting it from this video... FTMFL

The actual time pulled was a 12.9 @ 111mph.
4.5 sec 12.9 sec @ 111 mph Car and Driver 6/2002

2003 SVT mustang cobra on car and driver tv show - YouTube

Well...it says, "12 second quarter mile", not 12.9. So my QUOTE was correct. But whatever...nobody here runs slower than 10s with bolt-ons anyway.:rollseyes

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Nobody on this forum likes SVT products anyway.:shrug:

This thread is a dead horse that's just getting the crap beat out of it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Well...it says, "12 second quarter mile", not 12.9. So my QUOTE was correct. But whatever...nobody here runs slower than 10s with bolt-ons anyway.:rollseyes

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Nobody on this forum likes SVT products anyway.:shrug:

Only takes 3 mods to run 10s with a 5.0... what can you do?

:coolman:
IMG_8973_1.jpg

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I knew some troll was going to quote me out of context.

Just YouTube the review from Car and Driver already. And yes, they did get a 12 FLAT quarter out of a stock 03 Cobra...as well as a 4.5 0-60. So you can adjust your fanboy glasses to see that clearly.:-D

I don't feel like breaking things down today. Busy with FAR more important stuff. No time to get into all the John Colletti specs on it today. Feeling pretty much done with this thread myself. The vid has been posted, a kill is a kill, good kill OP, and let the petty bickering continue.:rolleyes::bash:

:dw:Did you really mean to quote me? Your response didn't have anything to do with my post.

12 flat in a stock 03/04 Cobra? Prove it.

Like I said you are worse thatn the 5.0 guys you're talking about.
12 Flat stock ? :dw: What are you smoking?

I can't believe you are quoting it from this video... FTMFL

The actual time pulled was a 12.9 @ 111mph.
4.5 sec 12.9 sec @ 111 mph Car and Driver 6/2002

2003 SVT mustang cobra on car and driver tv show - YouTube

Smoking? He has to be snorting.....

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Beat the 5.0 with those 3 mods.... haha. JK. Just fueling the fire. I dont even know what mods youre talking about. And I like SVT!!! I happen to be very fond of my SVT Cobra. lol

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I don't own either a 03/04 or 5.0 so how am I a hypocrite?

The 5.0 guys think that their motors were built by god himself :banana:

Well whats your reasoning for bashing the 5.0 guys? Because you feel they think their car is better than any other car right? You have a 03/04 guy in here saying 03/04 cobras run 12 flat, why not bash him cause he is WAY overrating his car.

Your last statement may be true but there are Cobra guys that act the same way. This thread is a perfect example.

Sick03Vert

Banned
:dw:Did you really mean to quote me? Your response didn't have anything to do with my post.

Okay..obviously the point I was trying to make, that just because somebody says something a certain way doesn't make it true, has been lost. Must be a lot of dead batteries in the sarcasm detectors here.

When I said what I said, I was trying ON PURPOSE to sound ridiculous as an example of how most of the posts in this thread have gone. Obviously a stock Cobra doesn't run 12 flat guys (unless someone has done it?). I was making a sarcastic attempt to show how easy it is to spout off times/numbers that don't really matter. Anyway, seems people thought I was serious so my bad...next time I will be a little more obvious about it.

At any rate, it is what it is. I'm so confused as to the actual point of this thread now that I am probably miles off topic.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Well whats your reasoning for bashing the 5.0 guys? Because you feel they think their car is better than any other car right? You have a 03/04 guy in here saying 03/04 cobras run 12 flat, why not bash him cause he is WAY overrating his car.

Your last statement may be true but there are Cobra guys that act the same way. This thread is a perfect example.

Could be the fact that the 5.0 guys:

1. Really do think they have the best car on the planet.

2. Have over-inflated egos

3. Come on an SVT site, to disrespect one of SVTs best cars, and expect nobody to say anything back

Probably any, or a combination, of those three things would be why the 5.0 crowd doesn't belong.:shrug:

D.T.R

Established Member
I don't own either a 03/04 or 5.0 so how am I a hypocrite?

The 5.0 guys think that their motors were built by god himself :banana:

x2

Sick03Vert

Banned

And yes, I did mean to quote you...you specifically told me to "Make up my damn mind" on whether or not a Cobra is fast in a straight line or in turns...because you can't grasp the concept that *gasp* its actually GOOD at both....and particularly great at one.

That's why I quoted you.

And my multiquote button still doesn't work!:cuss:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Could be the fact that the 5.0 guys:

1. Really do think they have the best car on the planet.

2. Have over-inflated egos

3. Come on an SVT site, to disrespect one of SVTs best cars, and expect nobody to say anything back

Probably any, or a combination, of those three things would be why the 5.0 crowd doesn't belong.:shrug:

I'm not doubting what you're saying at all cause it may be true in some cases. I've been here since 05 and have seen 03/04 Cobra guys act the same way over the years because the Cobra runs with and beats cars that people think it shouldn't. The 5.0 is the same way, it runs damn good for what it is and surprises many people probably. Its still pretty new so the hype is there, give it time it will die down.

Sick03Vert

Banned

I'm not an 03/04 Cobra guy. I'm a Mustang guy. :beer:

2K1 SVT

Established Member

The way I look at it 03/04's are still the better bang for your buck and can be made fast for much cheaper. And until someone makes 1000whp on a stock 5.0 I will always think that the 03/04's engine is better. Now if you build the 5.0 then it changes things but then again you could do the same to the 03/04.

I think a lot of these 5.0 guys just think that they have something to prove and they like putting the cobras down for no reason. It's a bit of little mans syndrome going on with the 5.0 guys where they have to prove that they are better etc. etc.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I'm not doubting what you're saying at all cause it may be true in some cases. I've been here since 05 and have seen 03/04 Cobra guys act the same way over the years because the Cobra runs with and beats cars that people think it shouldn't. The 5.0 is the same way, it runs damn good for what it is and surprises many people probably. Its still pretty new so the hype is there, give it time it will die down.

Believe it or not.....I agree with this.:uh oh::beer:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I think a lot of these 5.0 guys just think that they have something to prove and they like putting the cobras down for no reason. It's a bit of little mans syndrome going on with the 5.0 guys where they have to prove that they are better etc. etc.

This sounds alot like the 03/04 guys when the GT500 came out.

As I said before the 5.0 is the new kid on the block and IMO it is better than a 03/04 stock for stock. Now once the modding begins yes the 03/04 has an advantage to a certain degree. Let the 5.0 hype die down because it will and it will be just another mustang.

Beetle6986

Established Member
in stock form it is superior in every way that matters to a cobra.
You're entitled to your opinion. I always thought a forged motor was better than non-forged. I learned something today. I guess the transmission with constant issues is also beter than whats in the cobra. You're blanket statements are laughable at best. There are certainly improvements over the Cobra. However, there are also certain things that are better in the Cobra.
in modded form it can make 450-500rwhp on motor.
Not sure what pount you are making here.:shrug:
on boost it can handle 650hp forever.
That's funny. I didn't realize the 1.5 years this car has been out is = to "forever". They have proven their longevity in 1.5 years. First time ever a car has been able to do this. I've seen a few blow up long before 650. I'm not even going to take the time to response to the rest of your well thought out posts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread