stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

2K1 SVT

Established Member
All I've learned fro this thread is if I don't make 400+ rwhp I'm going to get yanked by a stock 5.0, but I'm safe racing Cobras.

Pssh you need a car with 600whp to run with a stock 5.0, it's a proven fact oh and cobras are slowwwwwwwwww

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I love how you come up with those assumption. Please enlighten me what sorts of "real auto racing" experience do you have? 20 year old with a 2001 cobra, you must think you are on top of the world. Running shit IRL.

Perhaps some picture of your car on a race track?

A pic of my go kart from 4 years ago
197001_4924056658_711521658_147267_1144_n.jpg

Not my car but the same Formula vee only ours is black
dad.jpg

I would be willing to bet that your street car couldn't beat our 60hp formula vee around Mid Ohio

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
the 5.0 is my slow car. so slow i get suprised when i try to pass a bunch of cars in a line and have to wait for power that is never coming...

in stock form it is superior in every way that matters to a cobra.
in modded form it can make 450-500rwhp on motor.
on boost it can handle 650hp forever.

its a fine engine that is not fully understood or respected by older enthusuaists...older meaning older model modular owners.

it has its limits...804rwhp as run by justin burcham.

its easy to quote extreme examples to prove a point. the average cobra makes 450-480rwhp. some are ported and make 475-511rwhp. they are hardly problem free at that power level. fewer still are screwed and make 600-750rwhp. how many folks run race gas? fewer still run E85 and all the expensive mods it takes to run that fuel.

keep it in perspective. 450-550rwhp isnt much really. you might kill my coyote unless i simply spray it...then go on about my business driving a superior product. nothing wrong with a termi or GT500, thought about getting one when i bought this. i already have a forged Teksid, so i dont need either.

Well said, Im a fan of both. I love my Cobra and i'm a fan of the new 5.0 also. I have a really good friend that had an 03 cobra that ran 9's with a 6spd and IRS at full weight minus spare tire and jack. He has since sold it and bought a 11 5.0. He is knocking on 9's with it now. He said he thought he would never say it but he prefers his 11 over his cobra. Just search him on Youtube under qcksnake. Not hating on either the Cobra or 5.0 im a fan of any Mustang other than the dark years from 71-78:thumbsup:

Last edited:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Well said, Im a fan of both. I love my Cobra and i'm a fan of the new 5.0 also. I have a really good friend that had an 03 cobra that ran 9's with a 6spd and IRS. He has since sold it and bought a 11 5.0. He is knocking on 9's with it now. He said he thought he would never say it but he prefers his 11 over his cobra. Just search him on Youtube under qcksnake. Not hating on either the Cobra or 5.0 im a fan of any Mustang other than the dark years from 71-78:thumbsup:

Nice vids. Your buddy can drive. A6 or M6? Impressive what he's doing with just slicks/skinnies, clutch, bolt-ons and spray.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
WooO!!!!! 5.0 vs. 10 year old car!!

Which do I pickkK!??

I love 03/04 cars, but I'd rather have a new GT with a basic centri kit.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
WooO!!!!! 5.0 vs. 10 year old car!!

Which do I pickkK!??

I love 03/04 cars, but I'd rather have a new GT with a WARRANTY.

Fixed :banana:

If we are going to toss the warranty out the window I want to take a closer look at this 10 year old car again. :shrug:

Riptide

Established Member
What is this "warranty" you speak of? Is that something that applies to stock (slow) cars?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Shall I go back and quote all of your stupid posts? :banana:

And :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that your not a 5.0 fan boy.

I honestly would rather want lsx owners on here at this point, the 5.0 guys are extremely annoying.

LOL @ you being a hypocrite.
The Terminator was built for one reason: speed. Thats it.

FYI, Cobras were built with road courses in mind. You should :read: before you :cuss:
:dw:, Make your damn mind up man.

It's funny how the Cobra boys are in here doing the exact thing they're accusing the 5.0 guys of doing. Pretty amusing actually:rolling:
I honestly don't understand what all the arguing is about. You can build anything to be fast. Who cares how one car comes from the factory or not. I guess I don't even see the relevancy here. This is a forum where people MODIFY mustangs. We all know you can go faster for less in a foxbody than practically anything else. WHO CARES.

Well said.....

Fixed :banana:

If we are going to toss the warranty out the window I want to take a closer look at this 10 year old car again. :shrug:

:lol1: hilarious

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
I think a few people on here need a time out! Or just a nap even. If that doesnt help then go back to your mothers and get her to whip her tit out so baby can feed. :whine: JUST SAYING! Opinions are great, as long as you repect other people. Ive been guilty of getting defensive over comments made about my car. But your favorite, amazing car might not be someone elses favorite,amazing car. 5.0 or Terminator? I pick Terminator every day. I just like them more. This thread was put on here to show some people having a good time. How did it get turned into a turf war?:bash: And again i say... I do like both cars.

Sick03Vert

Banned
LOL @ you being a hypocrite.

:dw:, Make your damn mind up man.

It's funny how the Cobra boys are in here doing the exact thing they're accusing the 5.0 guys of doing. Pretty amusing actually:rolling:

Well said.....

:lol1: hilarious

I knew some troll was going to quote me out of context.

Just YouTube the review from Car and Driver already. And yes, they did get a 12 FLAT quarter out of a stock 03 Cobra...as well as a 4.5 0-60. So you can adjust your fanboy glasses to see that clearly.:-D

I don't feel like breaking things down today. Busy with FAR more important stuff. No time to get into all the John Colletti specs on it today. Feeling pretty much done with this thread myself. The vid has been posted, a kill is a kill, good kill OP, and let the petty bickering continue.:rolleyes::bash:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
A pic of my go kart from 4 years ago

Not my car but the same Formula vee only ours is black

I would be willing to bet that your street car couldn't beat our 60hp formula vee around Mid Ohio

they wouldn't even allow that open wheel being on a track with street cars.

why would anybody compare it to a street car :dw:

but i'd love to see your black one :rolling:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Just YouTube the review from Car and Driver already. And yes, they did get a 12 FLAT quarter out of a stock 03 Cobra...as well as a 4.5 0-60. So you can adjust your fanboy glasses to see that clearly.:-D

12 Flat stock ? :dw: What are you smoking?

I can't believe you are quoting it from this video... FTMFL

The actual time pulled was a 12.9 @ 111mph.
4.5 sec 12.9 sec @ 111 mph Car and Driver 6/2002

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2RuCNzEOE"]2003 SVT mustang cobra on car and driver tv show - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
why are we still arguing about 5.0s and terminators? it's getting annoying... it's been going on for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread