Stock 2013 GT vs 2013 Charger R/T

natedog_1959

Established Member
I was minding my own business on my way to get my windows tinted a few Saturdays ago and got into a few mexican highway pulls with a new Charger R/T. I was initially following him on backroads and hoped he would lead me onto the highway but instead turned off. A few miles down the highway, I look back and see a car catching me really fast. I was doing 80, so I knew they were well over 100. As the car got closer, I downshifted to 4th and laid into it. I caught up to the Charger at about 110 and it was on for about the next 10 miles. We made about 4-6 "pulls" from 60-80 up to 130-150 and it never looked good for the Charger even when I was in the wrong gear.

Cliffs notes: New Charger R/T is not a good match for a 2013 GT M6.

Nate

09VistaBlueGT

Established Member
Nice kill OP. They really aren't that quick, my bolt on 09 GT walks away from them at any speed.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Good kill

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I was minding my own business on my way to get my windows tinted a few Saturdays ago and got into a few mexican highway pulls with a new Charger R/T. I was initially following him on backroads and hoped he would lead me onto the highway but instead turned off. A few miles down the highway, I look back and see a car catching me really fast. I was doing 80, so I knew they were well over 100. As the car got closer, I downshifted to 4th and laid into it. I caught up to the Charger at about 110 and it was on for about the next 10 miles. We made about 4-6 "pulls" from 60-80 up to 130-150 and it never looked good for the Charger even when I was in the wrong gear.

Cliffs notes: New Charger R/T is not a good match for a 2013 GT M6.

Nate

An R/T is only 375hp :shrug: I would have saved my gas.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
in before the mopar guys come in saying well jesus christ drove one to mid 12's with an intake and blah blah blah

You post in every single thread about a mopar the same exact same thing....you must have fallen victim at some point while owning that mach :whine:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
You post in every single thread about a mopar the same exact same thing....you must have fallen victim at some point while owning that mach :whine:

Where the heck you been

Nice kill op does the new r/t have a new engine or did it just same the same??

71catruck

Established Member
Good job man show them there place in the food chain. I ran a new 300c srt8 from 70 up to 135. They aren't fast it was an auto though. He hit it and started to take off and I had to down shift to 3rd then catch him but didn't take long.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
haha, easy kill

Charger R/T is definitely no match for the 2011+ GTs. it's a drivers race against the Charger SRT8s so you really had it easy...lol

Not really a drivers race for any SRT8 except the Challenger.

photobucket-2382-1358404069799.jpg

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Cracks me up when these fat dodges' try to mess with a 5.0 I even consider the srt a waste of time now.. Though I havnt matched up with a 6.4.

Thats odd because I ran a 5.0 with more mods then you and it sure looked close to me...

LOL @ waste of time

[youtube_browser]Ebw4YPxgO7o[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread