Stock boost gauge overlays done!!!!! and ok'ed for sale on this board!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To answer NMRAcer's question. I don't plan to be at Bradenton this year. If you want an overlay you should Paypal or snail mail me a check or mo.
Thanks, Ray

03TRMN8R

Established Member
Ray-Not sure how this happened beacause I wasn't on any of the recent shipping lists but I got my overlay today. You did an excellent job on them. Nice work with the instructions as well. Thanks Again!!

:beer:

dkd58

Established Member
I bought the overlay but instead of cutting the pin off I used a Dremel tool to widen the area that the pin resides to the left or counterclockwise. This allows the dial to swing further to the right but the dial still comes to rest at zero instead of hanging off to the left. A minor but worthwhile difference in my opinion.

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by dkd58
I bought the overlay but instead of cutting the pin off I used a Dremel tool to widen the area that the pin resides to the left or counterclockwise. This allows the dial to swing further to the right but the dial still comes to rest at zero instead of hanging off to the left. A minor but worthwhile difference in my opinion.

I wonder if Ford had more than 1 design of boost gauge? When I originally disassembled my whole gauge cluster to see how to get more swing, I noticed that my gauge had an ADJUSTABLE stop at "zero". It was plastic screw with an out-of-round area that controlled where the needle "zeroed" itself. Sort of shaped like a cam lobe with a screw head in the middle. By turning the screw, the needle's zero position changed one way or the other. I'll try to enclose a pic showing the needle position of my setup. I did cut off the tab on mine.

Mowgli

Established Member
Where are the pictures?!?

Is it me or are all the pictures not showing up?

StangD281

Established Member
The pic he was trying to post has already been posted. When the server went down, the pics got moved to another location. Unless we know where it went, it has to be uploaded again, saved under a different name on his computer.

Just a guess.... ;-)

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by OneSVTFan
Guys, how hard is it to install the overlay?

Took me about 45 min. start to finish using Ray's instructions. Easy. When he says use someone with small hands to unplug the boost line, he wasn't kidding.

jamchan

Established Member
Wheres the photo of the overlay?? Are you still selling the overlay and where can I see a photo. Does the overlay interfere with the gauge lighting? Thanks.

dkd58

Established Member
Ray,

I bought an overlay from you some time ago and I have an installation suggestion for you to consider. Instead of removing the pin from the back of the dial, I used a Dremel tool to widen the opening that the pin resides in so that the limit of travel is extended. By doing this instead of removing the pin, the dial rests where it should instead of somewhere off to the left. I hope this makes sense the way I explained it.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Ray,
Thanks for getting my overlay out to me so quickly. I can't wait to install it...instructions are great, good job! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread