Stock Cobra no more... your input

03CobraJack

Established Member
Ok so I've had my 03 Cobra for a while and have done 0 mods, other than what it came with (catback and k&n). :nonono:
I've finally decided to throw some money at it. :pepper:

I have spent quite some time researching and composing this list of mods. Thought I would throw them on here and see if you guys can give me some input on them. I'm looking to make around 500 hp for street and ocassional drag driving, (I want to have a setup that if I ever dicide to go for TS I can drop it in n go, which will probably happen) I don't believe it's the cheapest route but I believe it'll make for a "safe" setup with options to grow. It's a pretty complete list but if I'm missing something I'd appreciate the heads up.

Fuel:

SD 60# injectors
twin GT Pumps
LPF Dual FPDM wire kit
Fore pump hat

Supercharger:

Steig. Port Stage 5 (oem tb & pl port, polished and welded)
BF 2.76 upper
BF Idler set (4 pulleys 1-92 mm 3-100 mm)
Gates or

(not sure to do these two or not)
Metco 2lb lower pulley
Metco Alternator 3.20 pulley

Other items:
SCT X3 Xcalibrator Tuner
dyno-tune
DiableSport MAFia
BF IRS Brace
Some kind of cooling mod: LDC maybe?

(Again, not sure to do this one)
Magnaflow high flow cat mid-pipe + MIL + O2 extensions

Before Summer arrives:
Radiator: Fluidyne
H/E: ???

I think that's mostly it, again any input on would be appreciated :beer:

Digital

Established Member
Fuel:
FRPP 80# injectors
twin GT Pumps
Lethal Performance Dual FPDM wire kit

Supercharger:
Posi Race Port (oem tb & pl port, polished and welded)
BF 2.76 upper
Gates v-rib belt
Metco 4lb lower pulley

Other items:
SCT X3 Xcalibrator Tuner
SCT BA-3000
BF IRS Brace
LDC Head Cooling Mod
Magnaflow catless x-pipe
Heat Exchanger: Velocity Stg 3

There you go champ.
Depending on power with a kb/whip you'll need BAP but besides that you're golden.
On a side note anything in my sig is pretty good.

Last edited:

03CobraJack

Established Member
Thanks for the input, just have a few more questions

80# injectors?...it's not overkill?...I see a lot of high hp cars with 60#

Posi instead of stieg?...any particular reason? I have visited both sites it seems like stieg has it together...

The SCT BA-3000; will the mafia be maxed out?, I thought it was good up to like 800 hp?

SlowSVT

Established Member

Posi instead of stieg?...any particular reason? I have visited both sites it seems like stieg has it together...

The SCT BA-3000; will the mafia be maxed out?, I thought it was good up to like 800 hp?

That's what I was wondering :shrug:

First and foremost sub-frames first: Global West 1st choice, MM 2nd
Fluidyne rad
LDC cooling mod
BF brace
26 spine input shaft and better clutch
JLT intake
2 1/2" catback (Magnaflow gets my vote)
AC427 IRS delrin bushing
Mild pulley and conservative tune.

You could get the blower ported but now your throwing money at a small lobed roots supercharger. Save your dough for a twin screw to take it to the next level. You will have lots of headroom to go higher where the Eaton is maxed out.

Digital

Established Member

There is a really bad misconception that going "too big" of an injector is over kill. While years ago that would be true the technology has advanced so that at even at stock a 80# injector can be tuned to run with perfect street manners. If you need 60s you're perfectly fine going with 80s and they will allow you to expand further and allow your fuel system to work less. I use the FRPP ones because at tousley they are the cheapest and work really well.
They are also the same price as the 60s...

I don't like stieg and posi has always taken care of me. TBH their race port vs stg 5 is very close IMO posi's race makes a little more power and lower temps. I believe it's also a little cheaper.

The cost of a mafia is almost the cost of a BA-3000 and since you're going on the dyno if doesnt inhibit you by going with the 3000. Also the 3000 will allow you MUCH more room to grow in the future and a cleaner graph to work from by your tuner. The mafia "fools" the computer the BA3000 delivers exact info.

There are of course other mods you can add I was just replying to what you listed.
Like I posted earlier my sig has a bunch of really good mods and if you look at other members sigs you can see what the majority use.

Last edited:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
That's what I was wondering :shrug:

First and foremost sub-frames first: Global West 1st choice, MM 2nd
Fluidyne rad
LDC cooling mod
BF brace
26 spine input shaft and better clutch
JLT intake
2 1/2" catback (Magnaflow gets my vote)
AC427 IRS delrin bushing
Mild pulley and conservative tune.

You could get the blower ported but now your throwing money at a small lobed roots supercharger. Save your dough for a twin screw to take it to the next level. You will have lots of headroom to go higher where the Eaton is maxed out.

Agreed here, if you will be getting a ts soon don't bother porting your eaton, but if you will be getting it within the future (1 year or more or something) I'd get it ported for now to have fun, and if you get the posi race port with 2.76/4lb combo it will make almost as much as a low boost KB or Whipple.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
with that amount of fuel mods id slap a TS on it instead of doing all of that for a ported eaton

if you KNOW it is very possible you will go TS oneday then why waste money on a ported blower build?

Digital

Established Member
with that amount of fuel mods id slap a TS on it instead of doing all of that for a ported eaton

if you KNOW it is very possible you will go TS oneday then why waste money on a ported blower build?

It's good to have a well made foundation to build your house upon.

dynobobstieg

Ok so I've had my 03 Cobra for a while and have done 0 mods, other than what it came with (catback and k&n). :nonono:
I've finally decided to throw some money at it. :pepper:

I have spent quite some time researching and composing this list of mods. Thought I would throw them on here and see if you guys can give me some input on them. I'm looking to make around 500 hp for street and ocassional drag driving, (I want to have a setup that if I ever dicide to go for TS I can drop it in n go, which will probably happen) I don't believe it's the cheapest route but I believe it'll make for a "safe" setup with options to grow. It's a pretty complete list but if I'm missing something I'd appreciate the heads up.

Fuel:

SD 60# injectors
twin GT Pumps
LPF Dual FPDM wire kit
Fore pump hat

Supercharger:

Steig. Port Stage 5 (oem tb & pl port, polished and welded)
BF 2.76 upper
Gates or

(not sure to do these two or not)
Metco 2lb lower pulley

Other items:
SCT X3 Xcalibrator Tuner
dyno-tune
DiableSport MAFia
BF IRS Brace
Some kind of cooling mod: LDC maybe?

(Again, not sure to do this one)
Magnaflow high flow cat mid-pipe + MIL + O2 extensions

Before Summer arrives:
Radiator: Fluidyne
H/E: ???

I think that's mostly it, again any input on would be appreciated :beer:

Give us a call or pm me your phone number and we will go over all of your options, goals, mods, pricing, ect..
Thank you
Stiegemeier:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Users who are viewing this thread