Stock driveline hp limits

proffer88

New member here, I have some questions from what ya'll have read/experienced with driveline components as far as power limits. I ask because I'm picking up a new 16 gt this Saturday. The catch is its going to have the roush supercharger kit with the phase 2 upgrade, aside from that the car will be completely stock. I'm very excited however concerned with how the driveline will hold up, mostly the drive shaft and half shafts. The kit supposedly has 727 hp I know that is at the flywheel and only advertised. Either way I'm sure its more than the driveline comfortably wants to put up with. Any advise/experience on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

proffer88

Mainly I'm wonder if any of you have had or heard of any driveline failures, and if so when and around what hp did they happen. I know I'm going to have to upgrade them soon, just wanted to see what ya'll thought.

proffer88

Its a manual, Its just a base gt Black on black. Base is the only way I could afford to get it supercharged lol, I have a 14 gt track pack now I'm trading in on it, did the normal bolt on's and suspension/ driveline mods. just got to a point where forced induction was the only way I could be any more serious gains. I got a crazy deal on this car I'm getting so I couldn't refuse, just gotta find out how far I can push my luck with the driveshaft and axles.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I know mine is a '13 but full weight with the stock driveshaft car has been 9.5 @ 144 with a 1.35 60'

With a manual it went 10.5 @ 135 full weight with a 1.5x 60'

Stuff wil live, just all depends on how you treat it. I massage mine every night lol

proffer88

Thanks for the advice guys, yeah I do go to the track occasionally, I have bigs and littles for my 14 but its built for it. So as long as I stay away from the DR's until i get the DS an axles ill be fine to put the wood to it on the streets huh?

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
Why not call Roush and ask? If you are buying their product, they should give you an idea about what they do with their builds.

Pete

whatsup62

Established Member
Trust me...if you are going to track it (dragstrip) the only way you will get decent times is with sticky tires. Once the DR's are on its only a matter of time. I went the opposite direction. Put half shafts, aluminum driveshaft and RXT twin disc before the SC. Money well invested!

Users who are viewing this thread