Stock Eaton whistle

1bad

Established Member
We have owned our 04 for about 3 years and I don't get to drive it much. Why not? If there is any chance of weather I dont drive it, if i'm going to a place where I'l be out late I don't drive it. So as a result, I have a very low mileage that seems like Im driving it for the first time every time. Kind of makes it awesome actually. Anyway, for those of you who remember what it's like to have the factory Eaton (unported) or if you still are running it, what is it supposed to sound like under zero boost driving? Could be just because I don't drive it much but I feel like the charger is louder, like the "whistle" under vacuum is much louder than I remember. The "howl" under boost hasn't changed, just the whistle. Should I be hearing that under short shifting driving?

Food for thought- JLT CAI, 2.8 upper pulley.

01yellercobra

Established Member
And the JLT will give some noise from the open air filter. I can hear mine on cold starts really good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It probably sounds louder than "normal" because you're driving it so infrequently.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Those first few sentences explain why I don’t drive my car. You’re not alone. 250 miles this year, been out 3 times. Depressing IL roads don’t help.

Users who are viewing this thread