Stock o3,new best ET!

racerage7

Established Member
Well back to the track with a better ET. The weather was great and the track was to. I rolled in to the track and went to tech with just under 1000 miles on the car now.Got teched in and went to the pits to pull the air cleaner and let the car cool a little. After a little cool down I made my way to the lanes. First pass a 12.44 @ 112.54 with a 1.91 60ft. Next pass a 12.38 @113.12 with a1.87 60ft. Then it went like this,12.37,12.36,12.35. In that order. The 12.35 was the best of the night. Im learning how to drive the car better each time out and also trying different techniques. Im excited to put some more miles on the car and get it broke in some more to see if the ETs come down some more!

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
i wanna see some slips, what kind of gas were you running, stock tires? I belive a professional driver only took the stock 03 cobra 12.4, 12.3 so i wanna see a slip

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
ya thats what i was reading about, and he's one hell of a driver, im pretty sure if you ran that stock everyone would know about it and you'd be praised for outstanding driving skills :rollseyes time to go get my TSADC troll search and destroy crew :burn:

StangD281

Established Member
I'm not gonna jump to conclusions. With only a K&N filter, I witnessed a 12.25 @ 115. So anything IS possible. We'll see...

racerage7

Established Member
Well for chassebr,thanks man Ill keep you posted on my new bests if they get better. stangd281 im leaving about 2700rpm and slipping the clutch out of the hole. That is after a pretty hard burnout. The key here is to have a full tank of gas . Thats weight over the back off the car. I tried it with a 1/2 then a1/4 but my 60ft feel to the 1.92 range.As for you turboeclipsegsx,if you know anything about boost and compression then you would know that a 8.5:1 motor with about 8 pounds of boost goes slower with race gas. and the tires were stock with 26 psi. As for time slip, no prob as soon as find out how to do it.Hell ill even give you a video. Im new to all of this thats why there are only 7 posts. Besides you are probably one of those people that still wont believe that either. I didnt post on this forum to tell lies. I just wanted to share my times with others and to see how they were doing. What you have to write for a mag to run good times in a car. Ive been racing on street tires for 17 years. I think thats enough practice to get my technique down. And thanks stangd281 for not doubting me yet. My brother has a stock 03 to that has the same mods and has run 12.24 at 113mph with a 1.84 60ft. Later.

StangD281

Established Member
Nice runs man! I hope you can understand the skepticism. This car is truly an animal, and it is hard to fathom that STOCK it does what it does. Congrats on the runs; there is no need to post slips. They are merely for bragging rights! In order to do so, save it your computer. At the bottom of posting a thread, there is a space for "attach file". Use that to browse your computer, attach the image, and it should post. Again, nice runs! :thumbsup:

lazerred

Established Member
:nonono: Hey, no need for the skeptism my name is Frank,
believe me this is one of my friends and he can drive the
hell out of anything he gets in! :)

He did my H/C/I install and everything was top notch, This guy
got in my own car and knock a half of a second of my car.
:bash: I wanted to kick my own ass. I was only getting 2.0
60ft with my driving and then he gets in and does a 1.87 on
the same exact tires :cuss: I was like damn this guy can drive.

I expect him to not mod the car until he gets close to the 11's
with a bone stock cobra!!!!! Knowing him he will try his hardest:)

Good luck RaceRage7 and hope u see 11's soon let me know
how its going!!!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by racerage7
Well back to the track with a better ET. The weather was great and the track was to. I rolled in to the track and went to tech with just under 1000 miles on the car now.Got teched in and went to the pits to pull the air cleaner and let the car cool a little. After a little cool down I made my way to the lanes. First pass a 12.44 @ 112.54 with a 1.91 60ft. Next pass a 12.38 @113.12 with a1.87 60ft. Then it went like this,12.37,12.36,12.35. In that order. The 12.35 was the best of the night. Im learning how to drive the car better each time out and also trying different techniques. Im excited to put some more miles on the car and get it broke in some more to see if the ETs come down some more!
Wow! Congrats racerage7! Those are some sweet times! Maybe this cold ass winter air is really making power in these cars! I'd be happy to get in the 12's let alone low 12's!:beer: Congrats.:thumbsup:

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Originally posted by TurboEclipseGSX
hey the reason i was skeptical was because you ran better stock times than pros, that doesnt happen often so its not like everyone does it ;)
Even Smith is NOT a professional driver! He's a magazine editor. I'll bet he didn't have 20 passes in total before going 12.40's in the Cobra he tested. He also left the stock tire pressure in the car from what I've read. Personally, I'm sure that's the best thing to do, since it leaves more of a "footprint" for traction. At any rate, please don't compare Evan J. Smith to a "pro driver" in the future. He's GOOD, but not a pro. For reference ... Pro's drive for their living. He writes for his. :kaboom: :-D

Good runs! Kudos

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Stock o3,new best ET!

Originally posted by StangD281
:dw:

I could help with that ;-)

Shift son, SHIFT!

:D
:lol:

Hopefully I'll get to make a trip to the track soon. I'll try my best.

Let's see. 1-2-6-no-4-no-5? DAMN how did that go again?:bash: :D

Last edited:

StangD281

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stock o3,new best ET!

Originally posted by 03DOHC
:lol:

Hopefully I'll get to make a trip to the track soon. I'll try my best.

Let's see. 1-2-6-no-4-no-5? DAMN how did that go again?:bash: :D
I think it was 1-grind-4-3-6-5 ;-)

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
If ya can't find it,grind it.

Unless you like your transmission. In which case,this is not reccommended.

Me personally,when I want to beat an 03 cobra,I just launch in 3rd.

NAGH?

NAGH=Know that I'm joking? If not,rattle off some lame garbage that makes you feel better about your lack of humor sensing.

MEEN?

MEEN=MEEN

Users who are viewing this thread