• Custom or High End

Votes: 165 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Yea me. Eclipse in dash 6 disk changer. Alpine 5 channel amp. 2 sets of polk audio components. JL 12W3. A lot of wire and shitloads of dynamat.

I've posted numerous pics. Search by my name.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
In the process right now. What a pain in the ass. The Mach460 is an integrated system: it all has to go.

ALA G8R

Banned
I had a high end sound system in my 98 Cobra. Pioneer, Soundstream, Focal, AudioControl, etc. It sounded great, but I was never completely satisfied.

This time around, I ain't touching nothing but the business end of things. That's the only high end sound my 03 vert is getting.

Peace.

***I lied.***

Last edited:

El Culebra

Established Member
Thanks guys, when I first started I had my 01 Cobra I just wanted to play Mp3s (4000+ and growing) so I got the Alpine controller unit with FM modulator, it sounded horrible. I then said lets change out the head unit and use the stock speakers not good enough, I said forget it. When I sell it and my 03 comes in I am going to do it right. So then I bought the Alpine 7998 MP3/w the MP3 capable 6 disk changer, XM radio, AInet for my iPOD, All JL speakers in the doors removed that Mach 64 wanna be boom box, installed a JL rear deck speakers got a JL W7 10" Sub Woofer, JL 500/1 and 4/300 and custom installed through a shop in Mountain View,CA contracted one of thier best installers and we desighned on paper what the trunk would look like and it was good. I also installed a Pheonix Gold CAP system for preservation of the battery and went with a Heavy Duty Cycle car batt.

http://www.thirdheavens.com/photo.htm

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl
I'm trying to decided between these two, but I really want a MP3 player...
I'm looking at this one right now Sony MEX-1HD
You can rip CD's straight to the 10gig HD. Circuit City had it for $899.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl
nevermid ... i need to learn too read before i type a reply...it does.
hehe...all I know is it's BLUE and it would look damn good in my car!:D

Z20WHAT

Established Member
would like a decent receiver only with at least a 4 volt preamp output. Any suggestions?

I've heard the amps up under the rear trunk lining block a lot of the sound but I think this was just a ploy from a local shop so they could get more work and more $$$$.

FearblueR1

Established Member
Hey RageATM,

I just purchased a Alpine MRD500 amp. And a Alpine Type R12" sub w/ sealed box.

Anything special I need to know, about hooking this up?? Someone was telling me they were having problems adding in a sub.

Where did you pickup your Non-amplified feed for the sub? From the rear speakers or from the head unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never hooked up a car stereo system before. Now home theater, thats a different story!! :beer:

I have a 4 guage power kit & the RCA's.

Anything else I should know about??

Thanks,
Tim

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Stock system, which I hardly turn on.

I just love the sound of my Magnaflows with the top down :-D

-Brian

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
This is what I did for my sub/amp which are both in the trunk...

For the power cord that hooks to the battery, to get through the firewall look on the drivers side down to the middle of the firewall you will see a rubber circular plug type deally (rougly 1.5 inches in diameter with a wire harness in the middle). I popped that out, passed the power (yes the 4 guage thick ass wire) through then popped that piece back on. since it is rubber there is room to stick the wire through this.

once you get through there look under the dash for the wire you passed though, then to hide the wires you can hide it behind the drivers side kickpanel, then the door sill then the rear panel (which the name of I can't remember). the after this all you need to do is go under the seat and to teh trunk.

For the ground, pull down one of the seats (back part drivers side is the one where I did this), remove one of the bolts a littel bit and stick the ground in there and screw the bolt on top of it so it won;t move around at all.

Now for the remote terminal, since I had a stock headunit what I needed to do was put the remote terminal wire in the fuse (A/C fuse, since this fuse is only on when the car is in teh start position). You can hide/route this wire the same way as you did the power cord.

The last part is the signal. If you are looking at the car backwards (meaning that you are in the back seat with the seats down looking towards your rear windsheild. The first thing you need to do is remove the part that is right in front of you. Big plastic thing that is held on by a couple of bolts. (if the seats were up, this part would be right on top of the seats). After you remove this you will see two connectors slap dab in teh middle (behind this piece you just removed). Now this is the connection for the rear subwoofers (rear signal). You must tap into these (the best way I found to do it). Make sure you tap into these and not the ones on top, the connectors on top (under that plastic carpet type thing) are for the rear tweeters).

Good luck, and feel free to PM me for anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread