Votes: 246 59.9%
  • Custom or High End

Votes: 165 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

acrod

Established Member
thanks man, im still debating on what to do. ARent those components speakers by the side view mirrors on the inside?

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I priced out what I'm getting. All 3 way Alpine component sets and a 4 Chan. Alpine amp. total is about 300 dollars. I already have a Pioneer CD player so that helps with cost. Speaker wire?? Walmart or an equal. Just get something like a 12 or 10 gauge if your running your own, or just leave the stock there and match up the wires like I said in the previous post. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I don't know everything, far from it, but I know enough to get the job done.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I have two 10's and a T1000bd amp. I'm still running the stock head unit though. It's nothing fancy but sounds pretty sick to me. Stock unit is just fine imo. And I haven't done any weight reduction. I still run 11's in the quarter. :burnout:
IMG_0131.jpg

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
the 03 & 04 cobra have the Mach 1000 not the Mach 460 and it doesn't all have to be gutted. You can install an aftermarket receiver and keep the amps and all the speakers. Goto www.soundgate.com. the part for it is #LOC-SUBA

Matt M PA

Established Member
Geez..this is an old thread.

A friend of mine did a great install in his '03 GT. He removed the Mach460 box from under the hatshelf and fitted a 8 or 10" sub inside facing up. He then used an old plastic bucket to surround the sub and seal off the enclosure. Sounds really bad, but it looks stock. All you see if you look up at the bottom of the box is the slightest bit of the bottom of the sub showing.

He then added an amp for the sub, and mounted it directly under the other amp on the driver's side. He fabricated some brackets for this.

It took up no additional trunk space, and really slams some bass. Now that the bass is handled by the sub, the rest of ths system works much better.

A bit off topic....He's a regular poster here, but I won't post who it is...but he's very clever. His latest install was line locks. A switch in the console for on-off. When on, the brake light on the dash lights. Then, after you mash the brake pedal, the line locks are held on....until you release the cruise control "off" switch. Very clever.

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
:rockon:
NyteByte said:
I had a high end system put in my 99 GT. It sounded awesome, but once they cut into the car, it's never the same. I had a rattle from one of the speaker compartments that I could never track down. Drove me nuts. Not to mention the 250 watt custom sub in the trunk that took up a good amount of usable space (and weight).

I really never listened to it anyway. I was too busy listening to the car! Even more so for the Cobra, so I'm gonna keep the stock stereo system.

First off I have to ask what did THEY cut? If ANYTHING they messed up you ride man also did you use Dynomat? Now in my opinion stock SUCKS isn't that almost ALL of us mod or cars out, right.

Now I DO understand if your worried about weight, you shouldn't even have a stock stereo. Unless you are strapped for cash.

I've got 4 Rainbows' powered by an Orion HP4800 multi-channel amp. That just powers my four tweeters and four mid's. And 2 12" 12.2 Orion sub's that are powered by a 2500 class D mono amp. I'm not going to go into weight (about 150+ lbs W/ box).

This is not mentioning my crossovers, caps, equilizers and etc.

It's ALL about choice and money. My motto is "If your going to own something nice, why not get the BEST?" :beer:

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I just leave stuff like this alone anymore. No sense in attracting some high school kid to steal my stuff. I kinda grew out of the stereo thing. I like the sound of my car anyways. Factory is always where it's at. No one wants to steal them:)

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I am perfectly content with my stock system. I just wish there was an easy way to get my non-iPod MP3 player to work with the stock Mach 460.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread