"Stock Terminators are boring to drive"...

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
NOT.
Someone posted a while back that stock Terminators are boring. Maybe theirs is, lol.
Mine's not.:D

Just back from 30-45 minutes in the country on old two lane blacktops and routinely scare the shit out of myself in first and second gear. Heaven forbid I make it through third with WOT.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Pulley, exhaust, Cali, tune. Some minimal irs upgrades. Do it. You will thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Never drove a stock one, but compared to my cammed TVS powered Cobra, surely it can’t be as fun. Lol

The Cobra is such a great car in my opinion, stock or modded. Definitely turn heads don’t they?

Nice Cobra by the way O.P!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
From showroom stock, I would say a catback exhaust would be the first step to better enjoy the driving experience. I daily drove mine with only an intake and exhaust for years.

But a pulley and tune truly transforms the car. It will blow your mind, like night and day. It's because you gain so much torque under the curve, which is what you can really feel in the seat of your pants during regular driving, and why a stock car feels boring in comparison.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Once you get used to the power. The solution is always a pulley, twin screw, or turbo upgrade away depending how far along the spectrum you are.

hotcobra03

Established Member
mine was boring enough that my friend who just drove it 5 miles with 400k plus miles,traded everything he had and just got an 07 gt500..he said he only liked it for body style,

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
It's all relative to what you are used to.....stock to pullied is a sizeable jump.....then to aftermarket blower 17-18 psi on pump gas....then another sizeable jump to 20+psi on ethanol. That's where I've been for many years now and it's never gotten boring, this is the "holy grail" or "sweet spot" for the terminators IMO.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I wish I would be like you bro..... dam stock and happy? lucky u!
I think it's all relative. I sold a '92 LX 5.0 5 speed with all you could bolt on it and 3.73 gears. It was not "really" fast, but a lot of fun to drive.

I realize that 3rd-6th in my Cobra could be a lot more, but WOT in first to second still makes my eyes bug out and then burst out laughing when I slam it into third. Maybe I'll get bored in another year.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well, fortunately the bug has not "Bit you". mus be some sorta fancy bug spray or somthn....:D got any u wanna share?:)

well it will definitely hold more value stock thats for sure!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
WOT in first to second still makes my eyes bug out and then burst out laughing when I slam it into third. Maybe I'll get bored in another year.

I LOL'd at this. Sounds fun!

That said, i almost never go WOT in 1st unless I'm at the drag strip.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I wish I would be like you bro..... dam stock and happy? lucky u!

well, fortunately the bug has not "Bit you". mus be some sorta fancy bug spray or somthn....:D got any u wanna share?:)

well it will definitely hold more value stock thats for sure!
English translation please. Unreal sometimes. Is it really that hard to actually post a proper sentence?
Ash, pulley and tune adds about 150. It’s a whole new level of stupid.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
It's a comparison thing. A stock Terminator is powerful, compared to an 03/04 stock Mach 1 or GT.
I sold my only stock Terminator, yeah it was a little dull to drive compared to the other 3 that range from 505-605 RWHP.

nol300

Established Member
Each level eventually got me stock to pulley and now 3.4 650whp.

She does not scare me anymore so time to turn up to 25+psi and e85. I think that will always make a picked factor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread