"Stock Terminators are boring to drive"...

cj428mach

Established Member
I think the closest I ever got to stock was riding in a friends car with a Billetflow 3.4" pulley and it was boring. A 2.93 or 2.76 pulley with exhaust, intake and tune will rock your world. Its fun until the heat soak kicks in and you lose some every hit.

The Terminators earned their name by killing everything on the street so I feel you're doing the car a disservice by not boosting the power.

nol300

Established Member
Each level eventually got me stock to pulley and now 3.4 650whp.

She does not scare me anymore so time to turn up to 25+psi and e85. I think that will always make a pucker factor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Clearly there are many, many opinions on this topic. Everyone won't fall on the same side of the fence and that's what makes the hobby what it is. I recently drove a friend's Cobra with a pulley, tune, catback and long tube headers. It definitely felt quicker than my bone stock car and the throttle response was more immediate. Did I go start researching mods that night? No. Will I modify mine? No. It's plenty of fun the way it is and just knowing I can hang in with a new, stock 5.0 if I had to is cool since mine is almost 14 years older.

As a single dad I have little time to tweak on my car I just wanna keep it clean, get in it and go. Modified or not it still stands out in the car line at school or about anywhere else I take it. Now I did just get to stretch its legs on a road course last weekend and, even stock, the whine is awesome and the rush of WOT in 2nd, 3rd and 4th is amazing. Now, I do see where the desire for ever more bhp originates, I am past the age where it matters to me and I've learned there is always someone faster. My take on it is to enjoy what you have whether stock or modified and be content as there are many who would love to have what you (we) already have.

Sent from my SM-T710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Clearly there are many, many opinions on this topic. Everyone won't fall on the same side of the fence and that's what makes the hobby what it is. I recently drove a friend's Cobra with a pulley, tune, catback and long tube headers. It definitely felt quicker than my bone stock car and the throttle response was more immediate. Did I go start researching mods that night? No. Will I modify mine? No. It's plenty of fun the way it is and just knowing I can hang in with a new, stock 5.0 if I had to is cool since mine is almost 14 years older.

As a single dad I have little time to tweak on my car I just wanna keep it clean, get in it and go. Modified or not it still stands out in the car line at school or about anywhere else I take it. Now I did just get to stretch its legs on a road course last weekend and, even stock, the whine is awesome and the rush of WOT in 2nd, 3rd and 4th is amazing. Now, I do see where the desire for ever more bhp originates, I am past the age where it matters to me and I've learned there is always someone faster. My take on it is to enjoy what you have whether stock or modified and be content as there are many who would love to have what you (we) already have.

Well said, and a BEAUTIFUL car.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member

Aaaaand here's the stock one I sold! Aaaaaand I'm still kicking myself in the ass for it too!!
I'm glad it's being thoroughly enjoyed tho.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
ok dad I try to do better I promise.

English translation please. Unreal sometimes. Is it really that hard to actually post a proper sentence?
Ash, pulley and tune adds about 150. It’s a whole new level of stupid.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think dpj99cobra said it best.............

I agree with him 100% and say that there is NO WAY driving a stock 03/04 Cobra is boring and it is ludicrous to suggest such a thing.

I understand everyone has different needs when it comes to speed and everyone has different skills when it comes to handling such speed. I'm sure those of you with 600 and 700 HP Cobras might think driving a stock Cobra is boring, but I bet if John Force got in your 600 or 700 HP Cobra he would say it's boring.

So, based on your skill and power level "you" might say it's boring, but to those of us who have a stock or nearly stock Cobra (and believe me, my 347 65 Mustang is faster than my Cobra) it is not boring to drive. I can roast the tires, throw it sideways around a corner, drag race it, light to light race it, take my wife out for a spirited drive (and she enjoys it), listen to that blower whine and exhaust note and enjoy every minuet of it ALL IN A STOCK COBRA. AND THAT AIN'T BORING MY FRIENDS!!!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Both of my Terminators have been stock, with exhaust only. Couldn't be happier with them. If they were my hobby I could probably get on the mod train but with kids and other hobbies I'm just not interested.

Modded Terminators are cool and fun but I can't count the number of people that have come to the house or talked to me at a cruise-in that have never seen a stock terminator before. It's not for everyone but I like having that little extra bit of history in my garage.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I can honestly say that I’ve never ever been bored driving my mostly stock Terminator. Intake and exhaust are the only engine mods and it sounds, looks and drives perfect. I was at Lambeau field this Spring taking some pictures of the car when some 14ish year old came out and asked me if it was a Terminator and then nearly pissed himself when I popped the hood to show him the engine in all it’s stock glory.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Put me in the stock is fine side of the fence. I have intake and exhaust, and stock tune. The one thing I didn't like in stock form was the exhaust - it was way too quiet.

I'm sure getting a little more power is fun, but even after 13 years I still enjoy the way it feels stock.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Mine is stock other than inhale and exhaust, and i still love it in 1st and 2nd gear, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what a pulley and tune is going to do.

Luckily i switched jobs to a better paying and more stable company, so I'm about to go on a spending spree after the holidays

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting views. Mine was only stock for 3-4 weeks when I bought it back in 2010.

Having gone from stock, to bolt ons, to tvs blower on 17lbs, and now 21lbs with plenty of timing and e85. I can now feel pretty content for awhile. My car drives like stock, and that's NOT exaggerating until I hammer the pedal down.

I did nothing mechanical to the car this year. Just filled up with e85 and went cruising.

I never worry about being the fastest guy, I could care less. But modding this car is just as fun as driving it.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Mine was bone stock with 5701 miles on it when I got it back in 09. Like, stock down to the air silencer. And I still had a blast! Then again I'm obsessed with terminator cobras and still break my neck when I see one go by Lol!

IL4 2 V8

Established Member
Last month I bought a 10th anniversary cobra with full exhaust being the only mod and it runs hard IMO. I’m coming from a light bolt on 05 GT. With that being said I’m looking forward to the usual terminator Bolton’s.

HPLouis

Established Member
All I did to my car was a Borla catback and Magnaflow catted X Pipe. NYC is full of cameras and 25mph speed limits so there's nowhere to enjoy more power anyway.

01yellercobra

Established Member
To each their own. My last car made well over 600hp. I had fun driving it. My current car makes a lot less. I probably have just as much fun driving it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread