Stock Z06 outruns Kenne Bell SuperCobra at Carlsbad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRat

Established Member
Anyone here?

Good race dude! You need more tire for Carlsbad though. I'm the Blue Z06 Vette that ran you twice. My wife ran you too. The Z06 is stock with tires and an airfilter (not CAI, just filter).

Once you get it sorted out, look me up, and I'll let you get some payback.

9/1 against modified SuperCobras.

McRat

Established Member
Supercharged 2003 Cobra with Kenne Bell supercharger.

Mod'd = pulley and more.

I call them SuperCobras outta respect. And if they come out with a 2004 or 2005, what are you going to call them:

2003 and Up Cobra
2003 or 2004 Cobra
Factory Supercharged edition Cobra?

SuperCobra has more of a ring to it. It's the name of an attack helicopter.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
Supercharged 2003 Cobra with Kenne Bell supercharger.

Mod'd = pulley and more.

I call them SuperCobras outta respect. And if they come out with a 2004 or 2005, what are you going to call them:

2003 and Up Cobra
2003 or 2004 Cobra
Factory Supercharged edition Cobra?

SuperCobra has more of a ring to it. It's the name of an attack helicopter.
Well, they've been called Cobra in '93-'03. You are the first person to call them that. If they come out in 2025 and it's called a Cobra I would call it a Cobra.

Should the '96 Cobra be referred to as a Factory 32V edition Cobra? I didn't think so.

Sounds more like you're fishing.

McRat

Established Member
Naw, I posted on 4 boards. Video available. ;)

Well, I'll still call them SuperCobra's to differentiate between NA Cobra's, Shelby Cobra's, et al. If you like you can edit my posts to suit.

I stopped by this board to find the guy I raced and congratulate him. But when I did a search, the first thing I found was stories of stock SuperCobras spanking modified Z06's.

I'm just setting the record straight. It is NOT easy to blow by a Z06 with a stock ANYTHING. It can be done, but it's not easy.

Keep this in mind: When Viper Luke (mod'd S. Cobra) beat me, I posted the Video of him winning on 4+ boards as well. I'm not sure if I posted it here. I congradulated him and look forward to our next battle.

Am I trolling? Perhaps. But anyone is welcome to line up against me anytime.

McRat

Established Member
I do find it entertaining that I'm the only one on your board who congratulated him on his new best ET. Look in TimeSlips. I guess if he doesn't run 10's he's not worth your time.

Project9

Established Member
Hmmmm...seems you are slamming someone who came by to congradulate someone on a good race.

Someone who then offers to give the guy who lost a second chance when he gets his setup dialed in. That seems sort of childish.

Sorry just my take on what everyone has written.

BTW Yes I am a SVT owner and I dont like chevys so I have no proRat bias.

BlownPacificGre

Originally posted by Project9
Hmmmm...seems you are slamming someone who came by to congradulate someone on a good race.

Someone who then offers to give the guy who lost a second chance when he gets his setup dialed in. That seems sort of childish.

Sorry just my take on what everyone has written.

BTW Yes I am a SVT owner and I dont like chevys so I have no proRat bias.

Yea...what he said!

03cobracoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
Naw, I posted on 4 boards. Video available. ;)

Well, I'll still call them SuperCobra's to differentiate between NA Cobra's, Shelby Cobra's, et al. If you like you can edit my posts to suit.

I stopped by this board to find the guy I raced and congratulate him. But when I did a search, the first thing I found was stories of stock SuperCobras spanking modified Z06's.

I'm just setting the record straight. It is NOT easy to blow by a Z06 with a stock ANYTHING. It can be done, but it's not easy.

Keep this in mind: When Viper Luke (mod'd S. Cobra) beat me, I posted the Video of him winning on 4+ boards as well. I'm not sure if I posted it here. I congradulated him and look forward to our next battle.

Am I trolling? Perhaps. But anyone is welcome to line up against me anytime.

i already seen the video , and yes u did win...good job but its been done before...dont u think u should when your car cost 50,000 compared to 34,000

StangD281

Established Member
Alright guys....

We can see that the hook is in the water, and some have already taken the bait...let it go at this.

The two drivers have already talked HERE

This is an endless argument similar to "my dad will beat up your dad." Pointless, so why push it further....

McRat

Established Member
He did beat the other 2 Z06's there, and one had CAI & exhaust mod's.

I've got a lot of "seat time" in M6 cars, and I do acknowledge that his car is faster. We haven't seen a SuperCobra run at it's full potential in SoCal yet. But as the guys get their cars dialed in, you'll hear fewer and fewer "Kill" stories from the Chevy camp.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
We can see that the hook is in the water, and some have already taken the bait...let it go at this.

Maybe we should make a forum for "Post Your Ford Kills Here"

That would be...interesting.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
I didn't even know guys were doing the Kenne Bell swap already. What kind of numbers are they putting out?

Thumbs up McRat, for the kill post without being sarcastic. Quick car you've got.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
It took my slightly modded 03 Cobra to get by a 02 Z06 (stock). I was running with 3" CB and a chip and I took one on the street 3 times!

With the pulley I spank almost every Z06 at the track. You get one with a perfect driver and DRs they can do 11.7's @ 117. I pulled a 12.0 @ 118. Most of the Z06's are in the 12.3 - 12.5 range @ about 116.

They are fast but VERY beatable! From a roll I will SPANK one by a car.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
McRat can you give us some more info on the "supercobra"
From what i hear they should be putting down something like 500
550 rwhp (dont quote me). Your telling us you beat one in your close to stock zo6, was the guy spinning the first 1/8 mile. Was he even trying??? Something sounds a little fishy hear. Details to the story would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread