Stock Z06 outruns Kenne Bell SuperCobra at Carlsbad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
Opppss... Did I accidently post this in the "flamewar" section? Hmmm...

I'm at most the tracks in SoCal on a routine basis. If you feel like punching me in nose for racing, I suggest you start hanging out at the street races, where that behavior is acceptable. Better yet, Irwindale, where someone was shot to death not long ago. You'll fit in sweet.

My car is "mod'd": DOT Street-legal Race tires, and an aftermarket air-filter. You can consider that modified if you like.

You must have me confused with Bill Gates, as I've never seen a check for $50,000 in my life. I make payments just like everyone else does.
wasn't trying to be overly hostile. it's just with the amount of crap being thrown around a Ford site by Chebby owners is starting to wear on me. it was said he's put this kind of thread in a couple of forums, why not stick to just one or try and pm or somethin instead of proclaiming you prowess all over a Cobra site. just being overprotective. after all, you never said you *weren't* looking for trouble.

and i'm not one bit envious of anyone on this site, let alone a Corvette owner. my car isn't done, but when it is, i'd be happy to oblige anyone for a friendly run and give props anytime i should be beaten.

plus, i'm not anywhere near SoCal, and am not a punk streetracer. the timing was kinda poor from all the crap on here lately (does the name McTeague ring a bell?). you don't like me protecting Cobra's? get over it blackfang.

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
and they're not SuperCobras, they're '03 Cobras. (aka Terminators) to be *Super* anything, they'd have to run with Lambo's and Ferrari's. but whatever

Silver 03 Cobra

BS

There are only two 03's fitted with KB blowers and my buddy knows one personally. I highly doubt it had a KB blower. Your times would not cut it against a KB 03 with a competent driver. For this story I call BS. For weeks there were 03 kills left and right on LS1.com. Now there are none. What happened. Did all the 03's just dissappear or did these guys just decide to quit posting 03 kills. Another sign of a BS post is the 03 always has the top of the line bolt-ons.

Bull Sheet

Last edited by a moderator:

fastback brian

Established Member
McRat would you be interested in a friendly street race, Ive taken down a few cobras but no zo6's want to go for a run. It would be fun. Maybe an off night in ontario or riverside.

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by fastback brian
McRat would you be interested in a friendly street race, Ive taken down a few cobras but no zo6's want to go for a run. It would be fun. Maybe an off night in ontario or riverside.

I race at Carlsbad, California Speedway, and LACR. With tracks open every weekend, there is no need to street-race IMO. Most of these cars go 90mph in the 1/8th mile, which is too fast for city streets. Now if we had Civics that went 45mph in the 1/8, that would be safer! ;)

tms217

Established Member
I dont know why some people here can not seem to believe that fast cars can loose to fast cars. I have personally seen ZO6's run high 11's and 03 Cobras run high 11's..... We do not know anything about how good of a driver the Cobra owner was.... He has vid's of the race.... What is there not to believe? McRat Good kills... I hope you find the 03 Cobra owner to get some more good races with.... I just wish I lived out that way so I could run.... The Vortech is comming today..... ;)

Terry

12 Second Momma

Established Member
Originally posted by swardrn
BTW doesn't your wife race a ZO6 too? I also believe that I read somewhere that she can drive like hell also.

Yep I drive it like I stole it:) I'm glad you take you wife & she enjoys it also :beer:

Last edited:

skunk50

Established Member
McRat is a cool guy...it's just that many of the corvette owners at corvetteforums "kill section" that are pompous asses. even some of the ones with $5000-8000 old ass C4s thinks they're better than all forms of Rustangs.

OverToad

Established Member
<-----'03 Cobra owner.
New Z06's stock are slightly faster than new Cobra's stock.
Simple truth, and no shame in it.
But for the first time in years, Chevy had to up the anti on their Vette when Ford did the same to it's Cobra ;)

A few hundred in mod's and the Cobra is = or > the Vette.

I'll say props for a non-flaming post, and leave it at that.

But seriously, how many props can you expect when you name yourself:

"McRat"???
:lol: :lol:

;)

McRat

Established Member
The McRat name came from a failed business venture of mine.

When McDonald's started to expand into international markets in the 1970's, they found resistance to "American" foods in many countries and had to adjust their menus to accomodate different cultures:

In Russia, they created the McBorscht Pie.
In Ireland, they created the McCabbage Shake.
And in Vietnam, they had the McRat Sandwich.

Well, after the US was kicked out of Vietnam, the McRat venture was cancelled. But I saw a great business opportunity with all the new Vietnamese immigrants in the US, so I purchased the McRat trademark from McDonalds.

So far, I haven't made a lot of money yet...

skunk50

Established Member

Well, after the US was kicked out of Vietnam, the McRat venture was cancelled. But I saw a great business opportunity with all the new Vietnamese immigrants in the US, so I purchased the McRat trademark from McDonalds.

hey, i'm vietnamese you mcbastard!

Mako

Established Member

When McDonald's started to expand into international markets in the 1970's, they found resistance to "American" foods in many countries and had to adjust their menus to accomodate different cultures:

quite possibly more information then I would have cared to know. ;-)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
That sounds like McBull$hit ;-)

LogiWorld123

Established Member

You are such an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread