Stock Z06 outruns Kenne Bell SuperCobra at Carlsbad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razyracer

Established Member
yeah why is everyone being such an asshole? when you act like this it makes you no better than the pricks on corvetteforum.com....

we are better than that

One_Fast_C5

Established Member
Originally posted by razyracer
yeah why is everyone being such an asshole? when you act like this it makes you no better than the pricks on corvetteforum.com....

HaHa... Lots of the Old timers over there are bitches. One of the reason's why i don't even frequent that board.

McRat

Established Member
I was banned from corvetteforum.com.

You can't link to other boards with technical articles. Bunch of arrogant pricks running that board.

I told them I wanted my user name deleted in protest of their policy. So them deleted my username. But I could still read their board. All was well.

BUT... On another board I posted a thread telling people about their "no-link" policy, they found out, and banned my IP.

Little do they know I have 3 different IP's, and can read their board if I want. I just choose not to now.

mattf2's99SS

Established Member
Good kill McRat.

I doubt a Kenne belle anything is only 34,000, like someone else posted.

I beat an 03, and posted it here over the summer. Even had an 03 cobra owner sign on that he witnessed it, and there was still the BS calling. I ended up posting time slips and stuff to prove it.

I guess that every board (ls1, zr1, zo6, svt, supra, viper, weedwhacker,.....) has their non believers.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Damn, some of you guys gotta learn to relax. This guy seems like a cool guy, and just because he drives a chevy or a faster car doesnt mean you have to be a dick to him. Save that for the arrogant assholes and the ricers. Are you all really that proud? Grow up!

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
The McRat name came from a failed business venture of mine.

When McDonald's started to expand into international markets in the 1970's, they found resistance to "American" foods in many countries and had to adjust their menus to accomodate different cultures:

In Russia, they created the McBorscht Pie.
In Ireland, they created the McCabbage Shake.
And in Vietnam, they had the McRat Sandwich.

Well, after the US was kicked out of Vietnam, the McRat venture was cancelled. But I saw a great business opportunity with all the new Vietnamese immigrants in the US, so I purchased the McRat trademark from McDonalds.

So far, I haven't made a lot of money yet...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread just got McFunny. McRat Sandwich.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW McRat, nice kill. People tend to roast trolls here, regardless of how you act, don't pay it any attention. I just wish you'd give some free driving lessons :thumbsup:

Black03Mach1

Sup everyone,

First i would like to say that I was at this track with McRat racing my Freind (the one that lost). if my memory is still correct then i do believe that Mcrat was running with slicks on. Please correct me if i am wrong. i also remeber (Video proof to) that you did beat him all the times you lined up but he was always on your tail after the launch. So this stock Z06 with slicks can beat a 03 cobra with some mods. the yellow one you raised also had the same mods and 4:10s and slicks. i believe he beat you (got distracted with a hot girl leaning over into her boy freinds car, which i also got on Video ;-) ). need less to say that McRat and his Wife are really fun people to hang out with and they both are really good drivers. Man i wish my girl freind could drive a car like that Ladie!!. thats all i have to say for now. thanks for all your attention, and McRat, when i get my 03 Mach 1..... YOUR MINE!!! :burn: See Ya!!!

DLV

Established Member
Supercobra

I fully understand the supercobra title. That's what my friends and I call them too, because they're supercharged! One of my buddies loves the Thunderbird Supercoupe. Know why they call it a supercoupe? 'Cause it's supercharged son! And so is the '03 Cobra. None of the other cobra's were, so it should be called the SuperCobra to distinguish it from it's naturally aspirated brethren. :nono: Glad I could get that off my chest. Now excuse me while I get down off the soapbox...

StickyFinga

Established Member
God, I just bought that damn Cobra and I am already regretting it. If a bunch of tools like the guys in this thread own the cars then whats the point!

Geezus, the guy comes on, not talking shit or anything and he is jumped on because some arrogant morons think their car is the fastest thing on the face of the planet. STOCK TO STOCK the Z06 is faster, plain and simple. Once you mod that car it is out of Chevy's, Ford's, Honda's etc. hands. You are no longer racing Ford vs. Chevy, it is simply car vs. car.

I respect the CAR not who made it.

Then the post about Z06 and Corvette owners being arrogant? Lets not be calling the kettle black now. I have seen nothing but arrogance since reading this thread.

Oh well, I bought a Cobra, it's a FORD, I own a Z06 it's a CHEVY wow, I must be strange or something.

Oh well, at least this isn't as bad as the NSX people...that forum is always interesting, I just think they can't get over paying 80k for a car that will get outperformed by a SS Camaro.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Timz06
Damn, owned at the road course and the dragstrip!

I'm sure you'll stick around :bored: .

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Damn, owned at the road course and the dragstrip!

We'll see about that...

J-Rod

Established Member
Corvetteforum doesn't have a kill section any longer because it isn't PC. If you mention street racing you risk a ban. If you try to post links to other "Corvette sites" you can be banned. I have had my issues over there alos. Right now I am at a 52% use rating because I can't seem to follow the rules.

Yes, there are a bunch of guys whose idea of performance is how many coats of Zaino they have applied, or how shiney their exhaust tips are.

But, then ther are thsoe guys like me who just like Corvettes and like racing... And no, we aren't all snobs...

Anyhow, McRat is a good drag racer, and he seems to be an all around cool guy... FWIW...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
haha, there are some tightly wound panties in Road Kill these days...Relax kids, one drag race doesn't mean the blue oval is going under....the guy was just saying nice race.

I'll never understand this blind automotive loyalty stuff. I grew up Ford, old man is ford, lived in Dearborn forever, and yet I still somehow manage not to love ford and hate everything else.

ps. I swear to god, if one more ****in idiot busts out the "it oughta be faster, it costs more" card, i'm gonna strap a used jet engine to a tricycle and ram down their house with it to show them cheap speed. So ricer....so ricer....:rolleyes: :thumbsup:
:bored:

Timz06

Established Member
I spent what was a good amount of cash to me on my z06 but I am out there hammering the shit out of it every chance I get on the road course. Just got back from the garage, where I have just spent 4 hours getting off the rubber from last weekend's fun at roebling road. If anyone wants to show up, I will be at road atlanta in may at the panoz track daze.

I am not much of a drag racer, I went once, and ran a 12.9 @112 . Since the rustangs don't seem to do too well against me on a road course, I am planning to go to the SVT cobra club's drag day at jackson in may if I can make it, and let some of you boys get a little redemption, hopefully I can the the car down in the low to mid 12's.

BTW I ran at the SVT clubs track days at CMP and they were a great bunch of guys!

Tim

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by The DBK
if one more ****in idiot busts out the "it oughta be faster, it costs more" card...
Well...The Z06 ought to be faster, it costs more...
The relative argument drives me nuts as well...Aarrgghh....

CuLaTeR

Established Member
No way a stock Z06 will beat a modded 03 Cobra. Especially an 03 with a kenne bell supercharger on it. I would have to see it to believe. With all the cobras I have owned, I am yet to lose a race to a vette and don't plan too anytime soon.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Well...The Z06 ought to be faster, it costs more...
The relative argument drives me nuts as well...Aarrgghh....

Awesome. I'm glad to see were of the same mind! I can't stand Vette guys that don't see the correlation between saying "the viper oughta be faster for 80k" and then act pissy when a mustang guy says "the Z06 oughta be faster for 50k"....

Dumb.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread