STOLEN 2009 Special Edition ZX10R

CobraJay

Established Member
Bike is stripped by now. Cut your losses and move on. Really nothing you can do at this point. I work in a real shady area and deal with scum that do this every day. I talk to them to pick their brains and man these guys have this sh*t down to a science. If your on the road and they like the bike, they will follow you home and just like the wind.........its gone.

REPCobra10

Established Member
If your on the road and they like the bike, they will follow you home and just like the wind.........its gone.

Exactly...if I notice a suspicious car that has been behind me for a while, I will not go straight to my house! I will try to lose them by going down all kinds of streets and turning every which way...if they continue to follow then you know something is up. Anyways, this tactic not only goes for your bike, but anything else as well!

Last edited:

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Bike is stripped by now. Cut your losses and move on. Really nothing you can do at this point. I work in a real shady area and deal with scum that do this every day. I talk to them to pick their brains and man these guys have this sh*t down to a science. If your on the road and they like the bike, they will follow you home and just like the wind.........its gone.

One of my friends GSXRs was stolen that way. Went for a ride with a new group of guys, next day he came out to find nothing but a cut chain and lock. I told him he should have been more careful, and now I am eating my own words. You'd think with all the traffic in/out of a theater and having police on duty there would be enough of a deterrent. And Plano is not the slums by any means! I noticed an Audi R8 in the parking lot among many Mercedez, etc while we drove around to see if we could spot them.

Anyway thanks guys, I spoke to LoJack again and at this point I am considering it a loss. I'll speak with my insurance agent tomorrow and get the process started of getting a check cut. It sucks and I wish I could have found the guys who stole it but such is life. Bad things will always happen to good people it seems.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If you wonder how this happens while cops around, one of the easiest explanations is this: they had a key that was able to turn your ignition, get on the bike and drive away as if it was theirs. What happens with these things is 1) the guys are pros at this stuff 2) an inside job where someone has access to "key copies"....quite frankly through my experience you will never find it, and if you do it will be either stripped or beat to crap from racing or crashed. Its very unfortunate and sorry it happened to you, thieves are some of the lowest scum. Hopefully insurance does their job and pays you. Lojack works sometimes, but these guys know where it is to disable and not a lot of hiding spots on a bike. Once again sorry it happened, good luck

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Latest update is they found it yesterday.

I was on the phone with the case worker from my insurance company, and she told me it wasn't listed in the stolen vehicle database yet. So I called the detective and left him a message to find out the status. About two minutes later I get a call and it's the case worker telling me it was recovered yesterday. Now I am just waiting for the detective to call me back and see what kind of shape the bike is in, etc

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
Glad they found it, hope it's not beat to hell. I hate a thief, with any luck they'll crash and die on the next bike they try to steal.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Latest update is they found it yesterday.

I was on the phone with the case worker from my insurance company, and she told me it wasn't listed in the stolen vehicle database yet. So I called the detective and left him a message to find out the status. About two minutes later I get a call and it's the case worker telling me it was recovered yesterday. Now I am just waiting for the detective to call me back and see what kind of shape the bike is in, etc

Told you, with Lojack 24-48 hours, they'll find it, or you'll never see her again. Atleast they found yours, but I hope she's just as you left her. If not the insurance can fix or replace what they funked up on it. Goodluck brother, keep us updated. :beer:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my Cobra or a bike back after it's been stolen...you know someone beat the living hell out of it.

You got very lucky that the bike wasn't killed and used for its organs.

Wish you the best of luck.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my Cobra or a bike back after it's been stolen...you know someone beat the living hell out of it.

Same here.

Stealing makes more sense than random vandalism. I've had my truck egged and keyed (once while i was in class and cameras everywhere and i never heard from school security or anything) and It's just like I just want to know why they did it over getting money from it.

SicShelby09

Banned
Sorry to hear man. My 04 mladin GSXR1k was stolen back in 04, it had 600 miles. Then the bike I replaced it with (05 ZX10R) was stolen almost a year to the day from the gsxr, out of the same garage. So Im with you. I got a call two years later from the PD I reported it to ( the ZX10R) saying that it turned up at Daytona, FL during Bike Week in some storage unit with 20 or so other stolen bikes. It was a different color and completely trashed. I never heard about the GSXR, but odds are it was turned into a race bike. The tracks dont require insurance or registration, atleast not here in IL, so taking a stolen bike off the streets and turning it into a race bike is like a no brainer I hear. What a tragedy.

Last edited:

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Yeah I understand what all of you are saying. The Dallas PD caught the guy while riding it at around 4:30am. So he was out all joy riding it and who knows what else. He has priors for vehicle theft, and this is a felony charge according the the detective. I'll be curious to see what kind of shape it is in when I see it. Having said that, I just feel violated! Someone took my baby out for a night without permission and did God knows what to her. I'll be glad to get her back but it just won't be the same : /

Users who are viewing this thread