stolen Terminator on Bragg

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
let me start by saying the title sase it all my terminator was stolen from my house on FT Bragg (i live off bastone by 4th BCT) i was on leave some one broke in my house and stole my keys (among other unimportant crap) my point being if you go on leave find a friend you trust with a garage or take you keys with you or sum thing it has been over two months sense i filed my report with the MP's and still don't have a copy.... im just putting a friendly warning out to the other terminator owners on FT Bragg NC these fu**ers are out there and they WILL steal your car so guard it

trevkm7

Established Member
I would be absolutely enraged..I've had a 4,000 dollar atv stolen after I saved up all through highschool to pay for it.I cant even imagine an '03-'04 cobra being stolen! I hope you get it back man.Sorry it happened to you.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
car ant commin back its been gone for over 2 months already picked out and going to pickup a new terminator.... if you see a silver 04 with a front mount intercooler come say whats up

trevkm7

Established Member
car ant commin back its been gone for over 2 months already picked out and going to pickup a new terminator.... if you see a silver 04 with a front mount intercooler come say whats up

did insurance cover it?? Thats an awful situation,I cant believe the people that are out there these days

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
did insurance cover it?? Thats an awful situation,I cant believe the people that are out there these days

Actually the military will likely cover his loss. Get some good KBB numbers and shop estimates. it is the one time he will be able to claim modifications and labor costs in his estimate. We may be seeing a Shelby in his future.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
sorry to hear that man....and yea 99 % chance you wont see it again. Those get stolen alot here in florida, usually get shipped out or chopped up for parts

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Its just sad something like this would happen on a military base. It always makes me mad to hear about crime on base.

2SlwPgy

Established Member
I have seen alot of 03-04 Cobra stolen threads. Its really sad to see this man. Keep us updated on the new whip.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
I dont think the army will cover it but, USAA will and they are going to reimburse me for any shop receipts I can come up with. Only thing is there not going to cover stuff i bought and installed myself. If any one knows of a reg that sase the base has to cover it let me know.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
That's awful, ****ing people are crazy to steal on post. Gotta think it was someone who either knew you were in leave or watched your house a few days not seeing any activity. Was it in the paper, does your command or neighbors know? I'd get a camera for the new terminator. Install a ravelco and hide the unit or take it with you so at least it won't be able to be started and driven away so easy.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
That's awful, ****ing people are crazy to steal on post. Gotta think it was someone who either knew you were in leave or watched your house a few days not seeing any activity. Was it in the paper, does your command or neighbors know? I'd get a camera for the new terminator. Install a ravelco and hide the unit or take it with you so at least it won't be able to be started and driven away so easy.

I have an idea of who knows something, but she is not talking, to me at least. She told me she had no idea what happened to it then she told my nabor that the night it went missing she had some people over that she dident know from apex and when I confronted her about the conflicting storys she got mad and defensive so I just left.

Honestly there is no way the car is still in one piece. Its been parted out, cut up and/or crushed by now. I have been looking into lojack or something of that nature. Maby Ill just capure a honey badger and lock it inside.

Fuerza

Established Member
Actually the military will likely cover his loss. Get some good KBB numbers and shop estimates. it is the one time he will be able to claim modifications and labor costs in his estimate. We may be seeing a Shelby in his future.

Are you referring to the claims process? Doesn't that only work if the military or someone contracted to do work for the military damages your property? For example, I'm PCSing and the movers break my stuff, the military pays for it. Another example, I park my car next to a contracted construction site on post and my car gets damaged, the claims office will cover the damages.

I highly doubt breaking and entering of his on post home will result in anything in his favor. Most likely, the MP report will read. Victim 1 US Gov't damage to gov't property, his on post house. Victim 2 Service member so and so, stolen property. :shrug:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Are you referring to the claims process? Doesn't that only work if the military or someone contracted to do work for the military damages your property? For example, I'm PCSing and the movers break my stuff, the military pays for it. Another example, I park my car next to a contracted construction site on post and my car gets damaged, the claims office will cover the damages.

I highly doubt breaking and entering of his on post home will result in anything in his favor. Most likely, the MP report will read. Victim 1 US Gov't damage to gov't property, his on post house. Victim 2 Service member so and so, stolen property. :shrug:

During a hurricane years ago FBNC paid all my property losses. Also if you vehicle is vandalized on post they cover your loss. He needs to get with JAG for details.
The system is very similar to a property claim. If you reside on post and store your vehicle while deployed they have a responsibility to ensure your property is protected from theft and damage.
Again, I'd be in the JAGs Office to ask about filing a claim.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I dont think the army will cover it but, USAA will and they are going to reimburse me for any shop receipts I can come up with. Only thing is there not going to cover stuff i bought and installed myself. If any one knows of a reg that sase the base has to cover it let me know.

If he lived on post and the theft occurred on post I am pretty sure he can file a claim. That has been my past experience. I have not had to file anything in a long time so I am not sure if it is still the case.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
+1 on JAG. Thats the first thing that should of happened short of calling the base police force. Did you ever see the report the MP's filed?

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
Housing on Bragg is privatized by Picerne Military Housing. Your BAH payment includes $20k of renter's insurance so I am not sure the Army has responsibility to pay anything. I would still try and get with SJA as others have mentioned. You should tell the MPs about your shady neighbor and push for them to keep investigating.

MrWesson22

Established Member
That sucks and good luck with getting the Army to help you out. I still have not been reimbursed for over $5K worth of personal gear that was stolen coming back from overseas in 2009 (I was medevaced out and the connex it was locked up in got rat f*cked somewhere between Afghanistan and Ft. Stewart).

Rice Killa

Established Member
Any updates? I had parts stolen off my truck 2 years ago from the barracks off Gruber, and the mps didn't do anything. The thieves left tools and etc laying next to my truck and I had to force the mps to take them for finger prints. The threw the tools and the back seat and that was it. Called my mp buddies and they said the base wouldn't do anything, so I just claimed it through USAA.

Users who are viewing this thread