Street racing ticket/no proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
I got one for you guys. We are all out street racing. One guy gets board and leaves. Will call him John. About 2 miles down the road, a cop pulls John over and says there was a report of some street racing going on. Obviously, John denies it. About 10-15 seconds later, me and the rest of the crew rolls by. My Lightning, 7-10 F-body's, 5-7 Mustangs, etc. The cop says to John, "do you know these guys"? John says no. The cop says im giving you a street racing ticket. I couldn't believe it! How can the cop do this? Here never seen this guy race anyone.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Maybe the cop has been visiting your street racing website. :poke:

Sounds like you guys are busted, time to either try obeying the law, or at the very least wise up and stop posting evidence of your crimes on the internet.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I will say it again, a ticket/summons/citation is a charge. It is not the end all say all. If you want to plead guilty, it is simple you pay the fine. If you want to plead not guilty, you call the court and go to your court date. Then you get to be heard on the charges. If you substantiate your case better than the prosecutor, you win. If not, you lose. Simple as that.

Good Luck.

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
mswaim said:

Sounds like you guys are busted, time to either try obeying the law, or at the very least wise up and stop posting evidence of your crimes on the internet.

That shouldn't make any difference. How can the cop issue this guy a street racing ticket, if he never seen him street racing????

Gotta love the justice system of today :nonono:

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I will say it again, a ticket/summons/citation is a charge. It is not the end all say all. If you want to plead guilty, it is simple you pay the fine. If you want to plead not guilty, you call the court and go to your court date. Then you get to be heard on the charges. If you substantiate your case better than the prosecutor, you win. If not, you lose. Simple as that.

Good Luck.

Editted by Moderator.

Please read the guidelines for THIS forum before posting again. Flames/Derogatory remarks/flippant response to or about L.E.O.'s is not permitted. If you cant or wont follow these guidelines you will have your access to this forum removed.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Here's the deal as I see it.
FIRST- Read Ford SVT's edit of you post and give it some consideration.
SECOND - You have a street racing website. Most likely the police officer recognized the car from the website and based on that information and the group of racers passing by he wrote the ticket.

Just tell your friend to go to court and fight the ticket- it should be easy for him to get out of..... unless he is a moron or tells lies that don't add up (which would be suicidal). I would warn your friend that the judge will ask him if he street races and if he was racing that night. If he lies to the judge he could be asking for some serious trouble down the road. Also, consider this: If you have the same cars on the website (including the one that was pulled over) as the cop saw that night and the video of the site is admitted as evidence how does that look to a judge??

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
97snake said:
Here's the deal as I see it.
FIRST-
Just tell your friend to go to court and fight the ticket- it should be easy for him to get out of..... unless he is a moron or tells lies that don't add up (which would be suicidal). I would warn your friend that the judge will ask him if he street races and if he was racing that night. If he lies to the judge he could be asking for some serious trouble down the road. Also, consider this: If you have the same cars on the website (including the one that was pulled over) as the cop saw that night and the video of the site is admitted as evidence how does that look to a judge??
Good points. The guy IS going to fight the ticket. This particular car has never been on the website.

Lawman85

Banned
That's all good suggestions... of course, I'm forwarding a copy of this thread to the prosecutor, along with your racing website.... These are little things called "evidence" that will get you convicted with a judge...

Here's a piece of advice that I guarantee, 100%, will work....

Stop street racing

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
fast1 said:
Good points. The guy IS going to fight the ticket. This particular car has never been on the website.

Hopefully the local police haven't placed an undercover in your racing group. That happens here quite a bit. They appear in a very cool car, don't really participate, however they are always willing to caravan along and even help video the races. Then, several months later they stop showing up - the next time you see them is in court where they testify to all they witnessed.

Blue03Snake

Established Member
That's all good suggestions... of course, I'm forwarding a copy of this thread to the prosecutor, along with your racing website.... These are little things called "evidence" that will get you convicted with a judge...

ohhh man...your going to get absolutly torn apart for that one...

jshen

Established Member
mswaim said:

If you post your street races and identify yourselves and your rides...which I submit is pretty stupid...it can come back to haunt you...kinda like taking a video of an armed robbery in a store and smiling for the camera...however in your case, if you doing this...you are providing the evidence against yourselves........

If there is a party that is "undercover".....well..say goodbye to license

Last edited:

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Lawman85 said:

Here's a piece of advice that I guarantee, 100%, will work....

Stop street racing

Everyone look out, sounds like Robocop's on the case :rollseyes
You can forward anything you want to anyone you want. What evidence do you have?? Names? Plate Numbers??
Tell you what, the day they build a drag strip within 5 hours of our town, maybe the street racing will stop. 3 people over the last year have had all the money needed, plus very good locations to build a track. All three were denied by the city. Then they wonder why there's so much street racing going on. :poke:

jshen

Established Member
I wish that were the case

Tell you what, the day they build a drag strip within 5 hours of our town, maybe the street racing will stop.

I wish that were the case. We have a 1/8th track here and kids/adults still street race...Two weeks ago a street race caused the death of an 82yr old friend of mine...Idiots racing, lost control hit my friend head on...

I have no interest in 1/8th mile track but would like to run a full 1/4 or some hot laps but theres nowhere close here in S. GA

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
fast1 said:
Everyone look out, sounds like Robocop's on the case :rollseyes
You can forward anything you want to anyone you want. What evidence do you have?? Names? Plate Numbers??
Tell you what, the day they build a drag strip within 5 hours of our town, maybe the street racing will stop. 3 people over the last year have had all the money needed, plus very good locations to build a track. All three were denied by the city. Then they wonder why there's so much street racing going on. :poke:

hmmm, isp #? You don't have to post your mailing address and social security # online for people to figure out who you are.

And as for the track, it's too bad that you don't have one. Maybe you could suggest to the right people that they build the track outside of the city (gee what an idea :idea: ) so they don't have to ask permission from anyone.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
fast1 said:
Tell you what, the day they build a drag strip within 5 hours of our town, maybe the street racing will stop.
Or maybe it's where we will fine tune our cars before we street race?

asinatra

Established Member
mswaim said:
Hopefully the local police haven't placed an undercover in your racing group. That happens here quite a bit. They appear in a very cool car, don't really participate, however they are always willing to caravan along and even help video the races. Then, several months later they stop showing up - the next time you see them is in court where they testify to all they witnessed.
Fast and the Furious shit huh :pop:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
asinatra said:
Fast and the Furious shit huh :pop:

In reality (since Fast & Furious ain't....) undercover operations to curtail street racing is becoming quite common. Oakland PD, LAPD, San Jose, Fresno, Stockton, Sacramento, all are either using or sharing undercover resources. In Oakland they have the added issue of the "sideshows" that have become extremely dangerous. Not that it is unique to Oakland, they seem to be getting all the press - and also seem to have the largest population of brain dead participants.

All agencies here have adopted a "zero tolerance" attitude, they will arrest the drivers, impound the cars and the DA's are pushing for maximum sentences for all convicted offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread