STREISAND DECLARES 'GLOBAL WARMING EMERGENCY' Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Wow, I didn't realize that Streisand had a PhD in Climatology. And she's a singer to boot! What talent!!

She should make the first move in reducing some of those greenhouse gasses by putting a plug in her butt. It will also help with her opinions too since that is where she pulls them from.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
We've been in Global Warming for thousands of years. If we didn't have Global Warming the Polar Ice Caps would still be covering Canada and the upper United States!! :read:

We are due for another Ice Age...

Before each one there is a noticeable little spike in warmth in the geologic / fossil records... I do believe I read that several places.

I wonder if we could manipulate the onset of that as easily as we are allegedly manipulating the current warming trend???

All we would have to do is switch back to burning wood and using sooty diesels... so it coats all the snowy areas and absorbs more heat from the SUN(the innocent bystander)... burn a crap load of fuel to make more CO2..

And it would all just go away.... :rollseyes

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I don't think we know enough about our complex earth to say that we personally are responsible for global warming, but we are not helping it any with the invention of the combustion engines and the burning of hydrocarbons in vast unnatural quantities day in, day out. While the effects of humankind may only be .00001%, that's still an unnatural effect on the planet, and can screw things up like polar ice caps, where that .00001% of a degree might be enough to make the outer edges of the cap start to melt. Maybe it raises ocean levels half of a half of a millimeter. multiply that by the amount of shorelines and you can see just how much water that really is, that didn't use to be there. I don't think many people who spout off about planetary processes even consider the size and scope it takes to make global, physical changes.

Yes the earth is warming, but do we blame cows, cars, or volcanos, or starlight? Maybe aliens have a microwave oven beaming us? Only science will be able to tell us, however don't believe what a celebrity or some random scientist claims in a

We are doing alot to screw up our localized areas though, and that is definately not open for debate. This picture is the result of our handiwork, and not any normal planetary process.

smog.jpg

Whether that is making the earth hot or cold is up for time and science to decide, and not a bunch of schmucks from hollywood or a bunch of joes on the internet.

ChuckV

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
We are due for another Ice Age...

Before each one there is a noticeable little spike in warmth in the geologic / fossil records... I do believe I read that several places.

I wonder if we could manipulate the onset of that as easily as we are allegedly manipulating the current warming trend???

All we would have to do is switch back to burning wood and using sooty diesels... so it coats all the snowy areas and absorbs more heat from the SUN(the innocent bystander)... burn a crap load of fuel to make more CO2..

And it would all just go away.... :rollseyes

I wrote a long reply, IE froze.

The earth heats up, ice melts, ocean salinity decreases. This shuts down the natural "pumps" that distribute equatorial heat. The far north/sound are plunged into a deep freeze, and ice expands rapidly. This in turn increase ocean salinity again, restarting the pumps, heating things up, and re-melting the ice.

There was a lot more, but I don't want to type it all out again to risk IE freezing...

AzDropTop

Established Member
Scoriox said:
I don't think we know enough about our complex earth to say that we personally are responsible for global warming, but we are not helping it any with the invention of the combustion engines and the burning of hydrocarbons in vast unnatural quantities day in, day out. While the effects of humankind may only be .00001%, that's still an unnatural effect on the planet, and can screw things up like polar ice caps, where that .00001% of a degree might be enough to make the outer edges of the cap start to melt. Maybe it raises ocean levels half of a half of a millimeter. multiply that by the amount of shorelines and you can see just how much water that really is, that didn't use to be there. I don't think many people who spout off about planetary processes even consider the size and scope it takes to make global, physical changes.

Yes the earth is warming, but do we blame cows, cars, or volcanos, or starlight? Maybe aliens have a microwave oven beaming us? Only science will be able to tell us, however don't believe what a celebrity or some random scientist claims in a

We are doing alot to screw up our localized areas though, and that is definately not open for debate. This picture is the result of our handiwork, and not any normal planetary process.

smog.jpg

Whether that is making the earth hot or cold is up for time and science to decide, and not a bunch of schmucks from hollywood or a bunch of joes on the internet.

First post I've read from you that makes sense. Well done. :-D

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ChuckV said:
I wrote a long reply, IE froze.

The earth heats up, ice melts, ocean salinity decreases. This shuts down the natural "pumps" that distribute equatorial heat. The far north/sound are plunged into a deep freeze, and ice expands rapidly. This in turn increase ocean salinity again, restarting the pumps, heating things up, and re-melting the ice.

There was a lot more, but I don't want to type it all out again to risk IE freezing...

Thanks!!
IE has been trashing my posts on here all day!!!
I know what you mean!!!

Isn't there a methane connection too??? trapped in sediment, from decaying bio materials??? I'll have to google that up tonight after work..

0TriZzlePhatRid

ac427cobra said:
We've been in Global Warming for thousands of years. If we didn't have Global Warming the Polar Ice Caps would still be covering Canada and the upper United States!! :read:

Yes, when a star is born (ie, the sun) it constantly raises in temperature, then reches its zenith of energy, and then begins to loose temperature until it burns out.

The sun is simply growing to a higher tempature. Notice how there was an ice-age....It will continue to get warmer.

Global warming is just something liberals can hang onto and ruin all the fun for car-enthusist.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
smoak said:
Yes, when a star is born (ie, the sun) it constantly raises in temperature, then reches its zenith of energy, and then begins to loose temperature until it burns out.

The sun is simply growing to a higher tempature. Notice how there was an ice-age....It will continue to get warmer.

Global warming is just something liberals can hang onto and ruin all the fun for car-enthusist.

I didn't realize being a scientist automatically made you some kind of hippie liberal.

JMD0346

Established Member
I love these people who think the earth began when they were born. Like after the earths billions of years of existance its just went to hell in the last 50 years. They need to get a grip. The earth is gonna be fine. We're the ones that are in danger.

Users who are viewing this thread