Stuck accelerator pedal

mike.b

Established Member
I experienced this for the second time in my 03 over the weekend. I know there was a recall or tsb for this. I'm guessing it's too late to get that done via the dealer?

Anyone have a solution ready made for this? Sounds like a steel plate over the carpet behind the pedal.

Thanks svtp

f89479617e782ea480e21100dc48386f.jpg

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
I don't think they stop supporting the tsb. I believe they just cut the carpet in the area of the foot pedal.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
As long as your car has not gone in for the recall they will still perform the recall. What they do is have a little metal shield that goes on the floor (see pictures below) and attaches to the gas pedal. You can either take your car in and have ford do it or buy the shield. I just bought the shield (was like $10) and installed it myself then i didnt have to leave my car in fords hands

0824141214_zps37gvwctu.jpg

After
0824141223_zps5jtcc90y.jpg

mike.b

Established Member
As long as your car has not gone in for the recall they will still perform the recall. What they do is have a little metal shield that goes on the floor (see pictures below) and attaches to the gas pedal. You can either take your car in and have ford do it or buy the shield. I just bought the shield (was like $10) and installed it myself then i didnt have to leave my car in fords hands

0824141214_zps37gvwctu.jpg

After
0824141223_zps5jtcc90y.jpg

Perfect. I don't want to leave my VMP Cobra anywhere lol. Do you happen to have the part number by chance?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The only time I had a stuck throttle was when I bought some plush aftermarket floor mats and stomped the pedal to WOT. The pedal stuck full down. It was sporty for a brief period. I put the OEM mats back in and haven't had the issue since. I have not done the TSB yet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought the part from Tousley Ford at the time, didn't care I paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread