subframes installed and damn

YELOSNK

Established Member
They really do make a very noticeable difference. :rockon: The handling is so much more refined and responsive. So many less squeaks going over bumps, too. and I don't seem to lose traction on the inside rear wheel when taking right turns at intersections at above grandma speed. Makes me sad they sat in my basement for so long. :(

Last edited:

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I need to install mine. My set have been sitting around for about 2yrs. I guess I'll add that to my winter project list. Where in MI did you get them installed? Ann Arbor? or elsewhere.

YELOSNK

Established Member
I need to install mine. My set have been sitting around for about 2yrs. I guess I'll add that to my winter project list. Where in MI did you get them installed? Ann Arbor? or elsewhere.

Yep, mine sat for over 3 years.:eek: I had them installed at Advanced Automotive Repair & Transmission in Ann Arbor. I've dealt with them before, nothing but good experiences and they really seem to know what they're doing. The owner/head mechanic is a Mustang guy (one of his is a black '99 cobra) so that always helps with piece of mind. I know Livernois can do the job but they wanted a little over $220 and a few of my friends have had bad experiences with them so I didn't go that route.

Last edited:

Bite Me

Established Member
I guess this is commong for people to order them and not use them. We had ours for 2+ years also before I spent $60 and 25 minutes getting them installed.

fangs99

Established Member
mine were custom made along with the battle box kit. my subframes are a bit beefier than all the aftermarket ones i found.

v6mustang164

Established Member
I did the same thing mine sat for a couple of months before I installed them. They made a big difference but now I want to make my chassis even more rigid now. It could just be that its a vert but real through the floor subframe connectors are on my list to eventually do along with some other chassis stiffening.

Mustanger

Established Member
They sure made a dramatic difference in my 94...rock solid by comparison. I love them, the single most effective mod so far.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
FLSFC's should be the VERY FIRST MOD for anyone that owns an SN-95 chassis vehicle, verts in particular!

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Jump on the band wagon here. Love my MM full lengths. huge difference.

The difference was sort of like going from regular TV to watching HD. Don't realize what you were missing until it changes.

I feel it is a must have Mod for the New edges and earlier

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
FLSFC's are a great addition.
A 3 point strut tower brace is also a good one.
I have done both and it made an amazing difference.
Always used STEEDA for all of it.
Always fits perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread