Sucks to be these kids...This car is HOTTT!!!

ogc

Established Member
theDRIVER said:
damn that sucks. anyone notice the fire truck that passed by and kept going?

haha you mean the one with the firemen in it who extinguished the fire?

Am I the only one who would have bolted across the highway and started looking for water in that motel thing?

That sucks big time.

mesoriah24

KB finally in
Established Member
this has me thinkin of pickin up a small fire extinguisher (probably halon, not some APC junk) to keep in the trunk...I couldn't imagine just having to sit there and watch while my car burned to the ground

+1 there. I"m gonna do the same

The speed control recall Blklightening2k is referring to is a recall from Ford which places a fuse inline with the speed control wiring. The reason they do this is because the speed control cancel switch is on the brake master cylinder and would occasionally leak, causing the wiring to short. The wiring would then melt or possibly burn. I have done hundreds of these recalls and have never seen ONE that was leaking. Don't worry

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
this is an old repost, if you do some research on vwvortex froums the owner got busted for insurance fraud. He wanted to use the money on an r32? Insurance company did some investigating on how the fire was started....the kid did it on purpose.

I guess he wedged a ziplock bag full of gas or kerosene above the exhaust manifold/turbo.

I forget exactly how he did it but they found evidence and he got pwn3d

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a shame. A helpless feeling. He started pulling stuff out of the glove compartment when the flames started to increase. I once had an engine fire that started in my old 1974 Chevy Laguna Type-S. I had no fire extinguisher either, but I wasn't going to see my pride and joy go up in smoke. I started tossing dirt onto the fire and was able to snuff it out. Made for a messy engine, but that was better than seeing the fire get out of control. And I was up in the mountains and miles away from any town fire department. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :)

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
sonicboom141 said:
Should of gone across the road, or peed on it

+1, that would be the only time I would aid someone it pissing on a car. You would have seen me and my buddies standing on the fenders pissing on the engine.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
If that fraud is true then he deserved it!! Why wouldn't you just sell it instead of burning it to the ground? That would explain everyone watching it without doing anything

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
ogc said:
haha you mean the one with the firemen in it who extinguished the fire?

Am I the only one who would have bolted across the highway and started looking for water in that motel thing?

That sucks big time.

i would have tried to do something....you know that motel would have had an extinguisher!!!

PsychoPhyr

Established Member
My buddy almost lit his GLI up, wastegate vented to atmosphere... right onto the firewall. He did a few pulls then smelled something burning, luckily he put it out before it got out of control.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
Does anyone know what caused that? BKL L2k mentioned something about a cruise control recall, but I don't know what car he was referring to.

im guessing it had to do with the turbo being to close to the fire wall and caught the heat shield fabric on the fire wall on fire.

there were a few cases of this happening due to an aftermarket high flow turbo header i cant remember what brand it was but all you had to do was replace your heat shield "fabric" w/ a non fabric style heat shield .

prob would have cost the guy a few bucks.

vulture

Established Member
i fought a fire on an Audi around the same year and similiar looking mods . Fire started in the same place , this thing was well done by the time we got there though. was awsome , poor guy started crying .

red9450

Established Member
I've seen/heard of quite a few vdubs going up, and the fire seems to always start in the same area.

Users who are viewing this thread