Sucks To Be This Guy

oldmodman

Established Member
There was always something wrong with that aircraft. I had seen quite a few videos of it trying to fly and it seemed terribly under powered, as well as very lightly constructed. It always flew like it was struggling to stay in the air.

I've been messing around with RC planes for almost fifty years. I have crashed every single one. I am great at building, but I stink at flying. I can just never put my brain in the cockpit. So I was always behind what the aircraft was doing. It was still fun, just damn expensive.

Luckily in a real aircraft I never had that problem. Never crashed a single airplane. :lol1:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've always thought remote control airplanes were cool.

Plus, any hobby where you're flying something large and fast enough it could kill someone certainly adds into the adrenaline factor.

Poor thing was probably just trying to lose its paint job.

RSbeast

Established Member
You'd think at that scale you'd build that sucker out of aluminum. I'm pretty sure you can only side load balsa so much lol.

I mean think about what would happen if you built a wood full size jet but kept it dimensionally the same. Insta shrapnel.

He just figured it out the hard way.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
There was always something wrong with that aircraft. I had seen quite a few videos of it trying to fly and it seemed terribly under powered, as well as very lightly constructed. It always flew like it was struggling to stay in the air.

I've been messing around with RC planes for almost fifty years. I have crashed every single one. I am great at building, but I stink at flying. I can just never put my brain in the cockpit. So I was always behind what the aircraft was doing. It was still fun, just damn expensive.

Luckily in a real aircraft I never had that problem. Never crashed a single airplane. :lol1:

I've been flying for 10 years and am the opposite, i love to fly and hate to build. :)

It looks like he went into knife edge and the vertical stab. had too much load and disintegrated causing the plane to lose stability and further tear itself up.

Users who are viewing this thread