Suggestions for used entry level dslr < $300

Kyle5.0

still wishing
Established Member
For Christmas I am looking to get myself an entry level dslr. So far I have been looking used because I dont have a lot of extra money to spend on what and I dont want to blow a lot just getting into the hobby. I have been considering a Canon t1i or t2i but am open to options. Id like to be between $250-300 for the body and lens

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
<300 isnt gonna get you much camera man, gotta up the budget a bit, 500 or so can get you a Nikon D3200 or something of the equivalent.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My sister just bought herself one factory refurbished think it was a Rebel. She just wanted something nicer than an iPhone for baby pics. Refurbished is the only way your going to get one in that range and still your looking $400ish. Read an article the other day that refurbished can be more reliable than new since each one is inspected, new ones are usually only sampled. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Craigslist.

Nikon D60, D3100 if you can find one in your range.

Canon T1i, T2i, even an XSi wouldn't be bad to start with.

They will all take great pictures and you can save money on the body now and spend money on lenses.

Kyle5.0

still wishing
Established Member
Craigslist.

Nikon D60, D3100 if you can find one in your range.

Canon T1i, T2i, even an XSi wouldn't be bad to start with.

They will all take great pictures and you can save money on the body now and spend money on lenses.

Thanks.

Ill check out the d60. It seems to fit into my budget pretty well

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i got my d90 and 50mm for $500. $300 will most liely just get you the body.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Why not get a decent point and shoot? A cheap lens for a DSLR is going to cost $250 if you go new. If you find yourself carrying it with you to get pictures better than a cell phone, you can save up and get some better equipment.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Why not get a decent point and shoot? A cheap lens for a DSLR is going to cost $250 if you go new. If you find yourself carrying it with you to get pictures better than a cell phone, you can save up and get some better equipment.

Agreed. I think there's a saying something like the best camera is the one you have when you need it. My RX100 is pocketable(unless you wear women's jeans) and takes amazing photos. It has the largest sensor of any P/S camera.

Here's a shot I took of Budapest's parliment building at night, from a moving boat: http://i.imgur.com/qv8FUT9.jpg

AAG

Established Member
My wife's Canon T3 takes pretty good pics for what it is. You can easily find one under $300 used.

Users who are viewing this thread