Suicide Squad Trailer (San Diego Comic-Con)

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
The idea of Suicide Squad is that the government give imprisoned bad guys time off their sentences if they go on what amounts to suicide missions. If they get caught the gov has plausable deniability. The tend to implant explosives at the base of the con's skulls to make sure they don't go off mission. Joker is there just to cause chaos.

Oh, awesome. Some good Cliff Notes there, thanks.

August 2016?!? Does it really take that long to film a movie?

It takes awhile to film one but not that long. Releasing a movie at the right time is held into consideration as well. There are movies out there that are completed and not released for years.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Move over Marvel........ DC is about to have their day

These movies look awesome, love how they are connecting the story line between Batman Superman and Suicide squad

btw, takes just as long to edit a movie as it does to film

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Yeah and released after batman vs superman. They mention superman in the beginning of the trailer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Looking forward to this more than BvS. Harley Quinn is one of my favorite DC characters. Part of me wanted Nolans third batman to have her in it avenging Jokers death, aided by a corporate guy (Edward Nygma) with as much money and gadgets as Wayne Industries, but keep him just as Nygma and not call him Riddler because thats too campy for Nolan.

Move over Marvel........ DC is about to have their day

Doubt it. By the time DC gets into full swing the fad will be over. The time is up by 2020, thats two decades of intense superhero movies. Marvel has smartly placed everything out to 2019 for a reason. By then DC will just start to do Justice League (akin to Avengers) and I just think by then theatre goers will get tired of it all. Marvel is murdering it with their current trend.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Looking forward to this more than BvS. Harley Quinn is one of my favorite DC characters. Part of me wanted Nolans third batman to have her in it avenging Jokers death, aided by a corporate guy (Edward Nygma) with as much money and gadgets as Wayne Industries, but keep him just as Nygma and not call him Riddler because thats too campy for Nolan.

Doubt it. By the time DC gets into full swing the fad will be over. The time is up by 2020, thats two decades of intense superhero movies. Marvel has smartly placed everything out to 2019 for a reason. By then DC will just start to do Justice League (akin to Avengers) and I just think by then theatre goers will get tired of it all. Marvel is murdering it with their current trend.

Im tired of all the Marvel movies because they are akin to kids movies. The DC movies are clearly for adults and are much darker and more interesting. Seems they've just been letting Marvel burn themselves out and now they are introducing the best parts of the DC universe.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im tired of all the Marvel movies because they are akin to kids movies. The DC movies are clearly for adults and are much darker and more interesting. Seems they've just been letting Marvel burn themselves out and now they are introducing the best parts of the DC universe.

lolz thanks for the laughs.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
lolz thanks for the laughs.

Ok...

You seem like a comic fan so you probably have more biases as to what you like. I never read comics so that's just coming from someone who is learning the storylines as they come. Just from what I've seen so far Im becoming more biased towards DC's characters and storylines.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ok...

You seem like a comic fan so you probably have more biases as to what you like. I never read comics so that's just coming from someone who is learning the storylines as they come. Just from what I've seen so far Im becoming more biased towards DC's characters and storylines.

Nah not really, most comics I knew of as a kid were from the cartoons. Xmen, Batman (the one with Luke Skywalker as Joker voice), IronMan were all I watched. Never cracked open a single comic book.

My issue is the whole "darker is better", I got over that after the last batman movie, too dreary IMO. Dark is just an excuse for not being able to produce have a well rounded motion picture. Real life to me is never that dark and dreary, its bright and humorous. There's serious parts of my adult life and there are funny light hearted ones as well. I mean hell, if anyone's real adult life is that dark, get some meds or something.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Nah not really, most comics I knew of as a kid were from the cartoons. Xmen, Batman (the one with Luke Skywalker as Joker voice), IronMan were all I watched. Never cracked open a single comic book.

My issue is the whole "darker is better", I got over that after the last batman movie, too dreary IMO. Dark is just an excuse for not being able to produce have a well rounded motion picture. Real life to me is never that dark and dreary, its bright and humorous. There's serious parts of my adult life and there are funny light hearted ones as well. I mean hell, if anyone's real adult life is that dark, get some meds or something.

Well that's not entirely what I meant was the highlight of the movies. The darker tone of the DC movies just means more serious in comparison to the Marvel movies which are very light-hearted, too light-hearted for my taste. The only Batman movie I really liked was The Dark Knight and that's because of Heath Ledger. Man of Steel has probably been my favorite so far and that was not a dark movie, but had a serious tone. It's just bad when I cant remember the difference between the different Avengers movies because they are all the same storylines.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Well that's not entirely what I meant was the highlight of the movies. The darker tone of the DC movies just means more serious in comparison to the Marvel movies which are very light-hearted, too light-hearted for my taste. The only Batman movie I really liked was The Dark Knight and that's because of Heath Ledger. Man of Steel has probably been my favorite so far and that was not a dark movie, but had a serious tone. It's just bad when I cant remember the difference between the different Avengers movies because they are all the same storylines.

agree. i think marvel has made some good to great movies. the thing is, their formula is getting stale. someone can make the best steak in the world, but after eating it day after day, it's gonna taste like normal steak after a while. to me, that's marvel. dc is a change of pace and doing their own take on the comic book super heroes.

i also think that (correct me if i'm wrong) dc / warner bros. owns the rights to all of their characters. marvel / disney only own the rights to some of the characters. marvel is stuck filling in story lines with characters which don't belong or modifying origins because they don't have the rights to all of their characters. which is annoying to people familiar with the stories. (see quicksilver / scarlet witch)

again, marvel has done some good things... but i like what i see dc doing. their take may keep the comic book genre fresh.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Marvel seems to be more comical with their movies, whereas DC looks to be a bit more serious, if not serious maybe darker.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Marvel seems to be more comical with their movies, whereas DC looks to be a bit more serious, if not serious maybe darker.

With this new trailer you can see the comedy that will be in it but it is hardly light-hearted comedy. It's supposed to be twisted humor because that's what they all are.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Avengers 2 Age of Ultron and IM3 became disappointments in every place but the box office. Why? The light hearted that family’s were able to take their kids since they weren’t serious movies. Its good if you have kids and want a light take on characters from comics/cartoons. Hell, the cartoons I saw growing up were darker/serious vs the Disney Marvel movies.

The only one to have live to its name recently is the Winter Soldier and it is one of the reasons why its considered to a lot of people the best MCU movie. It’s not always about darker being better, but a serious tone can make a difference. Doesnt work all the time, GOTG worked perfect as is.

One thing that separates Marvel vs DC are the villains, Marvel has yet to have a Villain that actually lasts and is a real threat. This is why Ultron and IM3 were major diassapointments, took big villains and made them a joke, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread