Suicide Squad Trailer (San Diego Comic-Con)

Extremite

Established Member
Would be nice to see a Spawn reboot.

I don't really think a reboot is needed...the Spawn movie was pretty good. A really good sequel would be fantastic.

Avengers 2 Age of Ultron and IM3 became disappointments in every place but the box office. Why? The light hearted that family’s were able to take their kids since they weren’t serious movies. Its good if you have kids and want a light take on characters from comics/cartoons. Hell, the cartoons I saw growing up were darker/serious vs the Disney Marvel movies.

The only one to have live to its name recently is the Winter Soldier and it is one of the reasons why its considered to a lot of people the best MCU movie. It’s not always about darker being better, but a serious tone can make a difference. Doesnt work all the time, GOTG worked perfect as is.

One thing that separates Marvel vs DC are the villains, Marvel has yet to have a Villain that actually lasts and is a real threat. This is why Ultron and IM3 were major diassapointments, took big villains and made them a joke, literally.

Ultron had so much potential in the latest Avengers film and yet they go and make the final battle a case of "Let's just throw waves of minions at the heroes to make them ALL seem important!" Ultron should have wiped the floor with most of the team all by himself.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Im tired of all the Marvel movies because they are akin to kids movies. The DC movies are clearly for adults and are much darker and more interesting. Seems they've just been letting Marvel burn themselves out and now they are introducing the best parts of the DC universe.

Ding Ding Ding....Winner. This guy gets it

I have been over the whole Marvel comics movies since the first Avengers came out...they just don't do anything for me. Comparing Any of the Nolan Batman with any Marvel movies is like comparing minor league baseball against major leagues. I wanted to hate the most recent superman, but I couldn't

Marvel movies are for kids.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Ding Ding Ding....Winner. This guy gets it

I have been over the whole Marvel comics movies since the first Avengers came out...they just don't do anything for me. Comparing Any of the Nolan Batman with any Marvel movies is like comparing minor league baseball against major leagues. I wanted to hate the most recent superman, but I couldn't

Marvel movies are for kids.

I liked the cast, other than Gyllenhaal, and the plots were very good. However, their replay value to me is very low. The second one got old quick, and the third one I couldn't get into at all.

While some of the Marvel ones are meh, like Thor(IMO), Hulk, and the first Captain America, they have better replay value to me. Even the goofy GotG Marvel flick I would watch over and over compared to any of the Nolan Batman movies.
Don't care at all for Superman, so I can't comment on the latest one.

Based off the trailer, I have high hopes for Suicide Squad.

Extremite

Established Member
GotG is, IMO, the best film Marvel has released. It didn't try to be a superhero film like the others are. It is a ragtag group of misfits who get dragged in to a load of shit and somehow manage to come out on top.

Marvel's actual "heroes" have no depth to them. (At least in the cinematic universe.)

mr2cam

Established Member
while i agree, my dark horse to steal the show is jared leto. if the trailer is just a taste of his version of the joker, i have a feeling we'll get a great performance and take on the character.

"i'm not going to kill you.. just hurt you really, really, bad..."

also, linking the suicide squad and bvs trailers... i think joker is actually torturing jason todd (look him up if you don't know), during that scene as a flashback. in the bvs trailer, you see a robin costume with "joke's on you batman" spray painted on it. in the batman universe, joker actually killed one of the robins (yes, more than one person donned the robin costume).

Pretty sure he is torturing Dr. Harleen F. Quinzel aka Harley Quinn, before when she was a psychiatrist

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pretty sure he is torturing Dr. Harleen F. Quinzel aka Harley Quinn, before when she was a psychiatrist

Looks like he's holding elctro-shock paddles to me. That is in one of the SS stories.

[video=youtube;0vkb_l_ZzE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkb_l_ZzE0[/video]

mr2cam

Established Member
Looks like he's holding elctro-shock paddles to me. That is in one of the SS stories.

[video=youtube;0vkb_l_ZzE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkb_l_ZzE0[/video]

Could be, the reason I think it is Harley is because of this little snip it in the trailer

nrYouN.jpg

Joker is wearing the same purple gloves in the end, and has his shirt off also, made me think it was all from the same scene.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Ultron had so much potential in the latest Avengers film and yet they go and make the final battle a case of "Let's just throw waves of minions at the heroes to make them ALL seem important!" Ultron should have wiped the floor with most of the team all by himself.

I agree 100%. The first movie had the "hoards" style battle, the second movie needed the mega powerful version of Ultron. Something to separate it from the first movie and give it a different feel. Plus, it would have been awesome to see one guy tearing through them with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread