Super Snake

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The original literature stated the 725 hp SS would receive JBA's 3" manifold back system. That is: stock ford exhaust manifolds w/JBA's 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and 3" axle-back exhaust w/JBA mufflers. JBA could not get this system 50 state emission legal. Then there was talk about utilizing the factory 2.5" X-pipe and factory cats but going 3" from the factory X-pipe back and that fell through. Hence, the decision to just add the Borla 2.5" catback exhaust to be 50 state legal since Shelby is a manufacturer and has to be 50 state complient. Hope that answers your question.

This is the Shelby info. that has me confused...........the third item "JBA manifolds".

Picture1308.jpg

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Robert: Shelby covered themselves pretty good when they listed the pricing of their packages on the catalog sheet. After the dollar amts. there was an *. That referred to "Package Pricing is subject to change at any time" and "Options and availability subject to change without notice. Concept vehicle shown". That's why the changes with the exhaust options and nobody had anything to say about it!!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert: Shelby covered themselves pretty good when they listed the pricing of their packages on the catalog sheet. After the dollar amts. there was an *. That referred to "Package Pricing is subject to change at any time" and "Options and availability subject to change without notice. Concept vehicle shown". That's why the changes with the exhaust options and nobody had anything to say about it!!

Yes, the "asterisk" does cover everything. The only thing I am trying to do is make the car as it was originally planned, before the government got in the way. At this point in time, we do not have emissions inspections in Fla., all that could change, but in the meantime I would like to put the nicer/free flowing exhaust that was planned for the 725 on it, and store the Borla stuff. I have been told by my conact at Shelby that the Red SS did indeed have JBA long tubes and a high flow 3" catted X, and then the 3" on back. Does the large $$$ JBA installation fee also include a tune? They say 2 days for the install, I would assume that since everything unbolts that there is some tuning also for a two day install? What is going to be included in your JBA install? I have been talking to Mike, but I only priced the parts and labor and we did not discuss specifics.

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Yes, the "asterisk" does cover everything. The only thing I am trying to do is make the car as it was originally planned, before the government got in the way. At this point in time, we do not have emissions inspections in Fla., all that could change, but in the meantime I would like to put the nicer/free flowing exhaust that was planned for the 725 on it, and store the Borla stuff. I have been told by my conact at Shelby that the Red SS did indeed have JBA long tubes and a high flow 3" catted X, and then the 3" on back. Does the large $$$ JBA installation fee also include a tune? They say 2 days for the install, I would assume that since everything unbolts that there is some tuning also for a two day install? What is going to be included in your JBA install? I have been talking to Mike, but I only priced the parts and labor and we did not discuss specifics.

R

Robert: Originally I planned to have JBA install the long tubes and full 3" exhaust along with Shelby's new upper/lower control arms, rear upper control arm brackets, strut camber adjusters and sway bar end links to compliment the Eibach suspension. These Shelby parts were supposed to be available the end of April but now the time frame is July! I'm buying the 3" axle back from Shelby Performance Parts, which is built by JBA, because it has the 4" double rolled tips with "Shelby by JBA" scripted on the tips. For your info, part # is JBA-40-2635-1. JBA will be holding the cat back at their mod shop for me along with the long tubes and catted X. Need O-2 extensions as well. Dustin Williams from JBA quoted me $3245. (parts and labor AND tuning) for removal/installation of exhaust. Should take full day plus part of second day. Plan on being there on Monday, May 26. All for your info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread