Super Snake

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
You ended up buying from a Ma dealer, are you going to SS it ? if you decide to and send it to Tasca, I'm not far from Tasca or Franklin, if you decide to just mod it yourself like I did with frpp stuff, Imperial Ford isn't that far from Franklin they did a great job on my car. If you need any help let me know.

John

John - This car (my '08) will be shipped to Ga. and stored with another GT500, '07 Red w/White stripe Coupe, waiting for our numbers to be called. Both cars will be transported in the same enclosed transporter and converted to 725's, in Las Vegas. I would love to have a 725 Super Snake, but to be honest, this car that I just bought, IMHO, looks really cool just as it is!!, but...........I need to stay on track, 725!!

Picture1292.jpg

Thank you for the info. and help offer.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Congragulations,I know you made the right choice.Very nice color combo-It will stand out for sure so be careful around patroled areas! I got my first ticket in my 08 driving her home.

Oh yeah!!, it is definitely "pull me over" red. My 2000R is the same way, and in some ways, much worse.

R

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Robert: Nice catch! I have never seen or been able to find a GT500 w/o the stupid sirius sat. option. I think it looks so stupid on the car and I will never use sat. radio anyways.

I want to find a Vapor or Black GT500 Coupe.... I don't want the Shaker 1000, the Nav, or the Sirius Sat. I would like to find one with the stripe delete, red inserts, HID, and ambient lighting. I have a feeling I will have to end up special ordering a '09 GT500 to get my exact car...only prob. is the S-1000 is standard on all '09s

Did you sell the 93R after ebay???? or did you just bite the bullet and add the SS-GT500 to the collection?

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert: Nice catch! I have never seen or been able to find a GT500 w/o the stupid sirius sat. option. I think it looks so stupid on the car and I will never use sat. radio anyways.

I want to find a Vapor or Black GT500 Coupe.... I don't want the Shaker 1000, the Nav, or the Sirius Sat. I would like to find one with the stripe delete, red inserts, and ambient lighting. I have a feeling I will have to end up special ordering a '09 GT500 to get my exact car...only prob. is the S-1000 is standard on all '09s

Did you sell the 93R after ebay???? or did you just bite the bullet and add the SS-GT500 to the collection?

Thanks!! It is not that I don't like the Sirius radio option, I just don't like the hole being drilled in a perfectly good trunk lid and then the placement of the ant. If I want to listen to my favorite music, uninterupted, I can always load the CD player and it will not cost me a monthly fee, or a "lifetime" amount to receive the sat. service. It is quite hard to find the GT500 that has the exact options you want, and it not have the $195 Sirius option, for a 6 month subscription.

Personally, I like the HID look, and did not want Sirius, that limited me to an 08 model, and then as far as I know, Shelby has not yet announced a Super Snake build for the 09 cars, so that option was out. They are way behind on the 07 & 08 Super Snake builds, will they add more to their already full plate? who knows? I know that Shelby recommends that the conversion GT500 be stripe delete for ease on SS stripe install, but then we are back to finding the exact option match GT500 and now it also has to be stripe delete. "If" by chance, for some reason I am unable to pull the SS conversion together, I wanted a car that IMHO looked very nice as it was. This Torch Red w/Ebony stripe GT500 fits me. I also feel that if the car was not converted, and needed to be sold, for whatever reason, stripes vs. no stripes "could" make a sale vs. no sale.

Yes, on the after eBay 93R sale. It was hard to break up the Cobra R set, but everytime I look at that sideview of that Red Super Snake..........WOW!! It looks like a "man car" just sitting still. Although my Cobra R set is now broken-up, a Red SS will make a very nice addition. I also sold one of my 95 2-Tops, the one with 2100 orginal miles, #14/499. Realistic $$$ on Super Snake build, including taxes on the GT500, the conversion and transporting the car to and from Las Vegas will be $90Kish, so it took more than the 93R sale to pull the funds together, but the sale of my 93R made this very realistic possibility, and the ball got rolling from there.

This may sound crazy, but since I am a "car show guy" and I display my cars with the important information viewable at the show, the main reason I chose Ebony stripes to start with was so the information on the car would match the look of the car after the SS conversion, since Matte Black stripes are the only SS stripe. Looking at a window sticker and seeing Torch Red w/White stripes, and looking at the car and seeing black stripes immediately sends up a flag to a show-goer. The cars information does not match the car. Then, once I started looking at the Red/Ebony striped GT500's, I liked them better that White stripes. I had not seen the Black striped cars to start with, because it seemed that White stripes were what most cars had. It will be interesting to see what the build numbers are Black vs. White stripe on the Torch Red GT500's and then how many were optioned w/Crimmson interior. Vapor was my second choice, of course with Ebony stripes and Crimmson int.<<<I could not find one w/o Sirius sat. radio...........

If anyone is looking for a Vapor 08 GT500 optioned exactly like my Red car shown above (except WITH Sirius sat. radio), I know of one in GA.

R

Last edited:

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
This may sound crazy, but since I am a "car show guy" and I display my cars with the important information viewable at the show, the main reason I chose Ebony stripes to start with was so the information on the car would match the look of the car after the SS conversion, since Matte Black stripes are the only SS stripe. Looking at a window sticker and seeing Torch Red w/White stripes, and looking at the car and seeing black stripes immediately sends up a flag to a show-goer. The cars information does not match the car.

R

Robert, I like the way you're thinking here^^^^^^^^^^. Just don't let RD from the R section see this.:bash: He'll fricking flip out :poke: and please stay the on path with the SS 725. I may follow you down that same path. :rockon:

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Robert, sounds like a good plan/strategy you have.

I can't make myself spend the extra $$ on a SS conversion or a real KR. So I would like to buy a Vapor or Black GT500 and eventually piece together my own conversion of the 2. It woud have the looks of the KR with the 20" SS wheels like on the KR show car instead of the 18" production wheels. I'd almost be tempted to do a replica of the Black KR sold at BJ with the glass roof... I think the glass roof conversion might still be available from CDC.

I'm still in the dreaming stages though.... I have to get up the nerve to sell one of the 93R first.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert, I like the way you're thinking here^^^^^^^^^^. Just don't let RD from the R section see this.:bash: He'll fricking flip out :poke: and please stay the on path with the SS 725. I may follow you down that same path. :rockon:

RD and I have had some recent "discussion" about ownership and what the person who owns "their" car does with "their" car, you know, the car that they spent "their" money on. I believe that subject has been settled with mutual agreement, but.............I am always ready to open it up again, if needed.

R

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Does anyone know if the SS/40th/KR with the lowered suspension come with different control arms (UCA, LCAs) or do they still come with the stock fixed control arms?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Does anyone know if the SS/40th/KR with the lowered suspension come with different control arms (UCA, LCAs) or do they still come with the stock fixed control arms?

Nothing in the SS info. mentions control arms, or spindle change as part of the conversion.

R

chuckstang

Established Member
Nothing in the SS info. mentions control arms, or spindle change as part of the conversion.

R

Thank you,
I am trying to find out why everyone says you need an adjustable UCA and LCAs when I have yet to find any factory lowered Mustang, Saleen S281, Roush Stage 3 or even the SS/40th/KR that come with adjustable control arms to correct pinion angle.

Before anyone gets on my case, I am not doubting that once lowered the pinion angle may be off a bit but obviously not enough to warrant these super high performance high dollar factory Mustangs with full factory warranties to come with them so why would I need them for my 100% street GT500?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thank you,
I am trying to find out why everyone says you need an adjustable UCA and LCAs when I have yet to find any factory lowered Mustang, Saleen S281, Roush Stage 3 or even the SS/40th/KR that come with adjustable control arms to correct pinion angle.

Before anyone gets on my case, I am not doubting that once lowered the pinion angle may be off a bit but obviously not enough to warrant these super high performance high dollar factory Mustangs with full factory warranties to come with them so why would I need them for my 100% street GT500?

What does that adjustable panhard bar do, that I hear is now standard on the SS?

R

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The adjustable panhard bar is needed to re-center the rearend once the car is lowered.... as you lower a car (w/ panhard bar) from stock height it will push the rearend to one side as the bar angle is changed.

chuckstang

Established Member
yup thanks for the explanation
I just confirmed with Saleen that they use stock factory fixed control arms on all of their lowered factory Saleen Mustangs so it really leads me to believe that all this adjustable nonsense is more for the racer or someone who slams their car on the ground.

Saleen did say they only lower their cars 1" but they look pretty low to me even lower than the FRPP handling kit which I am going to install.

The adjustable panhard is not so much needed other than to just appease the perfectionist who may notice that his rear end has shifted to one side by .25" probably not noticeable to 99% of people

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The rearend not being centered can cause several issues over time. With the rearend not being centered it puts a side load on the control arms which will wear out the bushings, it can cause tire rub issues on the inside of one tire and outside of the other tire... plus the natural arc of panhard bar in motion pushes/pulls the rearend side to side as the car goes up& down, so with it not being centered it will make this more pronounced.

As far as the need for an adjustable upper control arm. I only have second hand knowledge, as one of the guys in our local club has a GT500 that he lowered with the Eibach/FRPP/Shelby kit and the pinion angle was so far off it caused a slight vibration at speed and the car would not hook-up. He installed an adj UCA and reset the pinion angle, he said it was like driving a new car again.

ff500

Established Member
yup thanks for the explanation
I just confirmed with Saleen that they use stock factory fixed control arms on all of their lowered factory Saleen Mustangs so it really leads me to believe that all this adjustable nonsense is more for the racer or someone who slams their car on the ground.

Saleen did say they only lower their cars 1" but they look pretty low to me even lower than the FRPP handling kit which I am going to install.

The adjustable panhard is not so much needed other than to just appease the perfectionist who may notice that his rear end has shifted to one side by .25" probably not noticeable to 99% of people

Chuck that is pretty much the same answer Jason gave me on the panhard bar, he got his answer from ford racing.

500 SNKE

500 Addict
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^You are getting me excited!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

R

Pick up a copy of the Winter 08 Shelby Parts cat.
A Red Super Snake is on the cover. :bowdown:

Robert, sounds like you've thought this out alot. :coolman:
I agree with your thought process except one.
Did you really want a Shaker 1000? :shrug:

Mike

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Pick up a copy of the Winter 08 Shelby Parts cat.
A Red Super Snake is on the cover. :bowdown:

Robert, sounds like you've thought this out alot. :coolman:
I agree with your thought process except one.
Did you really want a Shaker 1000? :shrug:

Mike

Yes, usually the top of the line stereo is a better sales feature at sale time, than the base model. What is the difference in the 500 vs. 1000? I know the 1000 has the unit in the trunk, a sub I assume? Thump, Thump, Thump......

R

Users who are viewing this thread