Super Snake

500 SNKE

500 Addict
Established Member
Yes, usually the top of the line stereo is a better sales feature at sale time, than the base model. What is the difference in the 500 vs. 1000? I know the 1000 has the unit in the trunk, a sub I assume? Thump, Thump, Thump......

R

Yeh, the sub in the trunk is what I don't like. The first one I saw was a vert. GT. Talk about no space.

There must some diff in the amp/player as the nav is not compatible with the 1000. Probably a sub amp?
But I really don't know. I just didn't care for the box.

Mike

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yeh, the sub in the trunk is what I don't like. The first one I saw was a vert. GT. Talk about no space.

There must some diff in the amp/player as the nav is not compatible with the 1000. Probably a sub amp?
But I really don't know. I just didn't care for the box.

Mike

I do agree that the trunk space is reduced by the sub. The only item(s) that I will haul in the trunk of this car is lawn chairs and maybe a small cooler. It will do car show duty only, with an occassional sprint just to get the blood flowing. :thumbsup:

R

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Robert: Nice catch! I have never seen or been able to find a GT500 w/o the stupid sirius sat. option. I think it looks so stupid on the car and I will never use sat. radio anyways.
I want to find a Vapor or Black GT500 Coupe.... I don't want the Shaker 1000, the Nav, or the Sirius Sat. I would like to find one with the stripe delete, red inserts, HID, and ambient lighting. I have a feeling I will have to end up special ordering a '09 GT500 to get my exact car...only prob. is the S-1000 is standard on all '09s

All 09s unfortunately will have Sirius Sat Radio standard. :bored:
But you get a hole in your trunk lid for free.:poke:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
My car arrived yesterday @ Shelby Autos for the 725 hp Super Snake conversion!! Yahoooooo. Should be ready in 4-5 weeks for me to pick up! Can't wait.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My car arrived yesterday @ Shelby Autos for the 725 hp Super Snake conversion!! Yahoooooo. Should be ready in 4-5 weeks for me to pick up! Can't wait.

Congrats!! If I remember correctly, you are on the 2008 SS list? What number are you and what was your approx. deposit date? I have been told that the deposit date is the order in which they call the cars.

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Congrats!! If I remember correctly, you are on the 2008 SS list? What number are you and what was your approx. deposit date? I have been told that the deposit date is the order in which they call the cars.

R

Robert: Yea, I've been on the '08 SS list. Without going into too much detail though, my situation was a little unique, so Shelby Autos was able to accommodate me. This was only after I made a personal visit to them over the winter to explain this. They are taking the vehicles in order of deposit BTW, but will make exceptions when situations dictate. With that being said I'm sure you can understand why my CSM # and deposit date should remain confidential! ;-)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert: Yea, I've been on the '08 SS list. Without going into too much detail though, my situation was a little unique, so Shelby Autos was able to accommodate me. This was only after I made a personal visit to them over the winter to explain this. They are taking the vehicles in order of deposit BTW, but will make exceptions when situations dictate. With that being said I'm sure you can understand why my CSM # and deposit date should remain confidential! ;-)

Understood.^^^^^^^^^^^^:thumbsup:

I have just been added to the end of the 08 list, but.......I purchased an 07 deposit, so the deposit date is still the same from mid-Nov.2007. I was told that my car will be called when they reach the deposit date. My car will be transported to the Las Vegas facility with an 07 model, both Red, both 725's. :burnout: Both of these deposits were 07's originally and had deposits placed within a couple of days of each other.

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I think they are moving pretty good with SS's now, although the KR's are starting to get done as well. I'm hoping my car will be ready for me to pick up the week of May18th. I'll be trailering out and spending 4 days in Vegas to put some miles on the car. Then trailering to JBA Headers and Performance Exhaust in San Diego for the complete long tube headers and 3" exhaust designed for the car. Also adding Shelby's upper/lower control arms, upper control arm brackets, strut camber adjusters, and sway bar end links. JBA will re-align and re-tune the car. The KB standard SS pulley is 3 1/4" and puts out approx 14# boost but they'll re-tune for 93 octane and exhaust for the street. My race tune will be with 23# boost and VP 103 Street Blaze Unleaded race gas. Should be interesting to see what #'s we come up with!! Can't wait. Will post some pics and a video of the dyno pulls when I get back home. Should be a nice 2 week trip. I then expect to make Fords @ Carlisle on Sat., June 7th.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think they are moving pretty good with SS's now, although the KR's are starting to get done as well. I'm hoping my car will be ready for me to pick up the week of May18th. I'll be trailering out and spending 4 days in Vegas to put some miles on the car. Then trailering to JBA Headers and Performance Exhaust in San Diego for the complete long tube headers and 3" exhaust designed for the car. Also adding Shelby's upper/lower control arms, upper control arm brackets, strut camber adjusters, and sway bar end links. JBA will re-align and re-tune the car. The KB standard SS pulley is 3 1/4" and puts out approx 14# boost but they'll re-tune for 93 octane and exhaust for the street. My race tune will be with 23# boost and VP 103 Street Blaze Unleaded race gas. Should be interesting to see what #'s we come up with!! Can't wait. Will post some pics and a video of the dyno pulls when I get back home. Should be a nice 2 week trip. I then expect to make Fords @ Carlisle on Sat., June 7th.

Where is your car right now?

What is difference in the 3" manifold back JBA that Shelby installs on the 725's, and the JBA set-up you are having installed?

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Where is your car right now?

What is difference in the 3" manifold back JBA that Shelby installs on the 725's, and the JBA set-up you are having installed?

R

My car is at SAI right now. Shelby is not installing the JBA manifold back system! JBA could not get CAFE certification on it so the only choice is the 2.5" Borla catback with the touring oval mufflers. I'm having the silver ceramic coated 1-3/4" long tubes with 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and 3" catback with 4" double rolled "Shelby by JBA" scripted tips and the JBA mufflers originally designed for the car done @ JBA. This is the exact same system that is installed on the red prototype SS 725hp car driven by Shelby VP Gary Patterson and really wakes the car up! It sounds awesome!! Since my car is being trailered to JBA and registered in Pa. in a county with no emissions standards, they can legally install and sell this system to me. :rockon:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My car is at SAI right now. Shelby is not installing the JBA manifold back system! JBA could not get CAFE certification on it so the only choice is the 2.5" Borla catback with the touring oval mufflers. I'm having the silver ceramic coated 1-3/4" long tubes with 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and 3" catback with 4" double rolled "Shelby by JBA" scripted tips and the JBA mufflers originally designed for the car done @ JBA. This is the exact same system that is installed on the red prototype SS 725hp car driven by Shelby VP Gary Patterson and really wakes the car up! It sounds awesome!! Since my car is being trailered to JBA and registered in Pa. in a county with no emissions standards, they can legally install and sell this system to me. :rockon:

Are the cars that are waiting for conversions just sitting out in a parking lot at Shelby??

This lack of 3" install on the 725's makes me wonder what "real" power numbers these cars, with a much more restrictive exhaust system are putting down. If the 725 was designed, and engineered with a long tube, 3" JBA set-up and these cars are in reality getting a 2.5" system, I would guess that the "realistic" power level would be choked?? It sounds like the 725's are coming through with the 600h.p. exhaust. That is not at all what that KB high flow S/C was designed to work with. There was a reason for the 3" to start with...............

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The 725 hp SS street tune from KB puts down ~ 616 rwhp @ ~ 14# boost with the exhaust set up from SAI. I'll let you know my before and after exhaust dyno's from JBA.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The 725 hp SS street tune from KB puts down ~ 616 rwhp @ ~ 14# boost with the exhaust set up from SAI. I'll let you know my before and after exhaust dyno's from JBA.

If someone were to have the 3" installed after the Super Snake conversion in Las Vegas, will the car need to be re-tuned? or will the tune on the 725's by Shelby, be the same with or without the 3"?

What I understand from your post above, JBA tunes the car at their shop after the 3" exhaust install?

In all of this tuning, I am talking about pump gas, car show/street use, no additives, etc.

R

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
If someone were to have the 3" installed after the Super Snake conversion in Las Vegas, will the car need to be re-tuned? or will the tune on the 725's by Shelby, be the same with or without the 3"?

What I understand from your post above, JBA tunes the car at their shop after the 3" exhaust install?

In all of this tuning, I am talking about pump gas, car show/street use, no additives, etc.

R

Robert: I believe if you go with the 3" MANIFOLD back system w/hi flow cats you will be OK with the KB tune that SAI downloads in the car. However, if you go with long tubes, the tune has to be tweaked somewhat! JBA explained what changes to the tune but I can't recall the details.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Are the cars that are waiting for conversions just sitting out in a parking lot at Shelby??

This lack of 3" install on the 725's makes me wonder what "real" power numbers these cars, with a much more restrictive exhaust system are putting down. If the 725 was designed, and engineered with a long tube, 3" JBA set-up and these cars are in reality getting a 2.5" system, I would guess that the "realistic" power level would be choked?? It sounds like the 725's are coming through with the 600h.p. exhaust. That is not at all what that KB high flow S/C was designed to work with. There was a reason for the 3" to start with...............

R
Just out of curiosity, IIRC the 1st KB shelby, the one that dynoed 800whp, ran the stock exhasut, correct? I don't think anyone will gave any gripes as far as power goes ;)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, IIRC the 1st KB shelby, the one that dynoed 800whp, ran the stock exhasut, correct? I don't think anyone will gave any gripes as far as power goes ;)

It is not really the gripes as much as it is having 600h.p. exhaust installed on a car that "they felt"<<(Shelby) needed something else to achieve its power potential with that blower.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert: I believe if you go with the 3" MANIFOLD back system w/hi flow cats you will be OK with the KB tune that SAI downloads in the car. However, if you go with long tubes, the tune has to be tweaked somewhat! JBA explained what changes to the tune but I can't recall the details.

Explain this for me please, because I am confused a little by what I have read in the Shelby literature related to this JBA 3" and the 725.

When they said "Manifold back 3" JBA" did they mean the stock GT500 manifolds/headers would still be used and a 3" catted X and 3" on each side out the back? or do the factory manifold/headers get replaced with something else from the Ford Racing catalog, on either of the Super Snake conversions at SAI?

The long tubes are something you are adding and although they might peform better, they are not something that Shelby would have put on the 725 Super Snake "if" it would have passed "C.A.R.B."?

To be honest, I am not looking for any additional power, or parts added, other than what "would" have been on the 725, as listed in the earlier Shelby literature related to the 3" JBA and the 725.

R

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Explain this for me please, because I am confused a little by what I have read in the Shelby literature related to this JBA 3" and the 725.

When they said "Manifold back 3" JBA" did they mean the stock GT500 manifolds/headers would still be used and a 3" catted X and 3" on each side out the back? or do the factory manifold/headers get replaced with something else from the Ford Racing catalog, on either of the Super Snake conversions at SAI?

R

The original literature stated the 725 hp SS would receive JBA's 3" manifold back system. That is: stock ford exhaust manifolds w/JBA's 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and 3" axle-back exhaust w/JBA mufflers. JBA could not get this system 50 state emission legal. Then there was talk about utilizing the factory 2.5" X-pipe and factory cats but going 3" from the factory X-pipe back and that fell through. Hence, the decision to just add the Borla 2.5" catback exhaust to be 50 state legal since Shelby is a manufacturer and has to be 50 state complient. Hope that answers your question.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The original literature stated the 725 hp SS would receive JBA's 3" manifold back system. That is: stock ford exhaust manifolds w/JBA's 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and 3" axle-back exhaust w/JBA mufflers. JBA could not get this system 50 state emission legal. Then there was talk about utilizing the factory 2.5" X-pipe and factory cats but going 3" from the factory X-pipe back and that fell through. Hence, the decision to just add the Borla 2.5" catback exhaust to be 50 state legal since Shelby is a manufacturer and has to be 50 state complient. Hope that answers your question.

:thumbsup:

Yes, that answers my questions. Thanks!!

I am interested in hearing how your car does with the JBA long tube 3" exhaust.

R

Users who are viewing this thread